Author Topic: John D. Reuben is a Psychopath  (Read 3649 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: John D. Reuben is a Psychopath
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 09:07:01 AM »
Altering posts to suit your agenda, huh?  Didn't you whine and complain for years that you were a "victim" of this?  Yes, you did.  But it looks like you're no victim.  You're actually the perpetrator.  Just like when you altered your own posts and accused Deborah of doing it because you lost every argument with her.  Now we know you're hiding an extensive criminal record, too.  What other frauds are you trying to perpetrate here, Whooter?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 03:51:14 PM by Troll Control »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 06:50:39 PM »
:bump:

Still waiting for the explanation, Whooter.  Why won't you take responsibility for your own behavior while demanding others do?  You're a hypocrite and a fraud.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 11:58:53 PM »
Quote from: "Ajax13"
Don't cry, Johnny.  Why claim that someone is doing okay when they state very clearly that they are suffering from nightmares and flashbacks related to their mistreatment in a TTI scam?  This is all going to stick to you, and I would guess in a very public manner.
Let me try to answer this for you

Lets see what Rachael says in her own words:

Alright then....

I do not smoke, drink, or use any drug. I haven't since several weeks before AARC. At that point I decided to I didn't want to anymore, so I stopped.

I am living a fantastic life with my husband and our beautiful daughter.

I have a stellar career, an amazing group of friends (including Olympic athletes and hopefully by Monday a Guinness World Record holder), a lovely home (rented, but we're working on buying our house), and in general a busy, but peaceful life.

I chair a non-profit organization, and hold over 5 major events every year that garner national media attention, competitors from all over the world and spectators from as far as Florida.

I don't blame AARC for any of this, I accept full responsibility. And I ran on Step One (after almost six months). I am supposed to be one of their failures. And I sure as hell intend on never using any of the "tools" AARC taught me.

Hmmmmm.  doesnt seem too bad to me.

What have you got? lol  Toss it up on the table and we can take a look at it.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2009, 08:41:14 AM »
This seems pretty bad to me, Whooter.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 03:52:01 PM by Troll Control »
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2009, 01:25:32 PM »
How much jail time did John D. Reuben do?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2009, 02:10:16 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2009, 02:25:20 PM »
Quote from: "Fred Thompson"
Don't cry, Johnny.  Why claim that someone is doing okay when they state very clearly that they are suffering from nightmares and flashbacks related to their mistreatment in a TTI scam?  This is all going to stick to you, and I would guess in a very public manner.

Alright then....

I do not smoke, drink, or use any drug. I haven't since several weeks before AARC. At that point I decided to I didn't want to anymore, so I stopped.

I have a stellar career, an amazing group of friends (including Olympic athletes and hopefully by Monday a Guinness World Record holder), a lovely home (rented, but we're working on buying our house), and in general a busy, but peaceful life.

I chair a non-profit organization, and hold over 5 major events every year that garner national media attention, competitors from all over the world and spectators from as far as Florida.

I don't blame AARC for any of this, I accept full responsibility. And I ran on Step One (after almost six months). I am supposed to be one of their failures. And I sure as hell intend on never using any of the "tools" AARC taught me.

Wow, I just read this.  Anyone have a link to the original Rachael post?
Did she really say this?

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2009, 06:00:19 PM »
Quote from: "Fred Thompson"

Alright then....

Wow, I just read this.  Anyone have a link to the original Rachael post?
Did she really say this?
Rachael O'niell, if that is who you are referring to, made those statements in the CBC documentary, "Powerless".
http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/2008-2009/powerless/video.html

Watch it in context and it makes sense.

Just because somebody succeeds after a program does not mean that the program caused the person to succeed.  In this case, to me, it means a person has succeeded in spite of the program, and in spite of great hardship and abuse.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2009, 06:09:13 PM »
Quote from: "psy"

Just because somebody succeeds after a program does not mean that the program caused the person to succeed.  In this case, to me, it means a person has succeeded in spite of the program, and in spite of great hardship and abuse.

So using the same logic, if a person does not succeed then it doesnt mean the program was responsible for the non-success.
So we can conclude that anything positive or negative cannot be attributed to the program (post program).

I seem to remember reading here several times of kids who committed suicide post program and this was attributed to the program.  How is it determined which events are attributed back to the program and which are not?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2009, 07:51:53 PM »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2009, 09:31:20 PM »

So using the same logic, if a person does not succeed then it doesnt mean the program was responsible for the non-success.
So we can conclude that anything positive or negative cannot be attributed to the program (post program).

True.  There are no studies to go either way.  All anybody has on either side is anecdotal.  That being said, the wealth of anecdotal evidence I have seen, as well as studies done on the results of the methods used, would seem to suggest that a great deal of harm can from from the majority of the programs out there.  That being said, I would love to see an independent study done.  I'm quite confident they'll support what I am saying.  Even if they don't, just because something "works" does not make it ethical.

I seem to remember reading here several times of kids who committed suicide post program and this was attributed to the program.  How is it determined which events are attributed back to the program and which are not?

Good point.  Objectively, you can't say definitively what caused it, however when kids come out of a program and are later diagnosed with PTSD, caused by the program, I think it's fair to assume that some of the suicides could be attributed to the program.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2009, 10:19:00 PM »
True. There are no studies to go either way. All anybody has on either side is anecdotal. That being said, the wealth of anecdotal evidence I have seen, as well as studies done on the results of the methods used, would seem to suggest that a great deal of harm can from from the majority of the programs out there. That being said, I would love to see an independent study done. I'm quite confident they'll support what I am saying. Even if they don't, just because something "works" does not make it ethical.
I think that is why I disagree so much here and many disagree with me is because we have seen evidence from different sides and have formed our opinions based on them.  Personally I believe I am a better judge because I have seen evidence from fornits and from kids who have benefitted from their stay in a program.  Most fornits posters have limited exposure and have witnessed only one side of the issue.
I do agree that independent studies would clear up many of our differences, but I wouldn’t expect fornits to accept any study which went against their established believes.  Many would find some reason to discredit the findings.

Good point. Objectively, you can't say definitively what caused it, however when kids come out of a program and are later diagnosed with PTSD, caused by the program, I think it's fair to assume that some of the suicides could be attributed to the program.
I agree that stressful experiences could cause PTSD and if a child is abused inside a program that could be the result, but how do we know which ones?  We also need to consider the kids like “Nigel’s son” and scores of others who go into programs feeling suicidal and hopeless and come out on a better path and live long happy lives.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2009, 10:41:51 PM »

True.  There are no studies to go either way.  All anybody has on either side is anecdotal.  That being said, the wealth of anecdotal evidence I have seen, as well as studies done on the results of the methods used, would seem to suggest that a great deal of harm can from from the majority of the programs out there.  That being said, I would love to see an independent study done.  I'm quite confident they'll support what I am saying.  Even if they don't, just because something "works" does not make it ethical.

Good point.  Objectively, you can't say definitively what caused it, however when kids come out of a program and are later diagnosed with PTSD, caused by the program, I think it's fair to assume that some of the suicides could be attributed to the program.

there is a profusion of data documenting that torture, imprisonment, kidnap and thought reform causes long term brain damage.
There aren't traditional "experiments" on the subject because you can't legally torture someone to collect data about how it alters them--but that doesn't make the available studies only "anecdotal."

Start here, and google your way through 100s of similar, corroborating investigations
http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=10 ... id=3510203
http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~rb267689/

Indecently here's something from the Geneva conventions on torture:

Quote from: "geneva convention"
Protected persons are entitled, in all circumstances, to respect for their persons, their honour, their family rights, their religious convictions and practices, and their manners and customs. They shall at all times be humanely treated, and shall be protected especially against all acts of violence or threats thereof and against insults and public curiosity. Women shall be especially protected against any attack on their honour, in particular against rape, enforced prostitution, or any form of indecent assault.

Quote from: "UN conventions torture"
Any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him or a third person information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity. It does not include pain or suffering arising only from, inherent in or incidental to lawful sanctions.

By both definitions, MBA has been substantiated by DHS to be torturing its detainees.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2009, 11:04:17 PM »
I should add that psychological damage associated with thought reform is so acknowledged that it has a  "disorder" designated to it in the DSM

"dissociative states in people who have undergone intense coercive persuasion (e.g. brainwashing, kidnapping) Refer to the optional "feels of Procession" follow-up section.

http://books.google.com/books?id=XDcgAX ... q=&f=false

I should also add that I misspoke-- there are traditional experiments on the components of thought reform, and they have shown that it causes severe mental damage.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2009, 11:11:41 PM »
True. There are no studies to go either way. All anybody has on either side is anecdotal. That being said, the wealth of anecdotal evidence I have seen, as well as studies done on the results of the methods used, would seem to suggest that a great deal of harm can from from the majority of the programs out there. That being said, I would love to see an independent study done. I'm quite confident they'll support what I am saying. Even if they don't, just because something "works" does not make it ethical.
I think that is why I disagree so much here and many disagree with me is because we have seen evidence from different sides and have formed our opinions based on them.  Personally I believe I am a better judge because I have seen evidence from fornits and from kids who have benefitted from their stay in a program.

Oh. I've seen and talked to both; however the vast majority of the ones with positive opinions I have run into do not maintain that positive viewpoint in the long run.  Time is the key.  The kool aid wears off.  I'd go so far to say I can't recall a single person I have talked to who after years of being out of a program, after exposure to the outside world and alternative viewpoints, will still maintain that it was a beneficial experience.  Hell.  Like I said.  There was a time when I felt the program I was in had helped me.  I'm sure you'd find the same with most of those who were in straight, WWASP, or any other independently verifiable hellholes.

How much a kid praises a program has almost nothing to do with how abusive it is.  Anecdotal evidence would seem to show an inverse relationship as Straight supporters could be almost fanatical in their defense of the program and WWASP parents are almost as bad.  Thought reform is a powerful process that can turn the bizarre or the abusive into salvation in the eyes of a participant.

Most fornits posters have limited exposure and have witnessed only one side of the issue.
I do agree that independent studies would clear up many of our differences, but I wouldn’t expect fornits to accept any study which went against their established believes.  Many would find some reason to discredit the findings.

I think the problem is partially that there isn't a truly independent source willing to fund / oversee such an endeavor.  Without that, any study, regardless of outcomes, could be called into question (and certainly would be by either side).  This is why I prefer to avoid the issue of whether or not a program "works" or not.  Is it ethical is what I ask.  Are the methods humane?  Are the methods abusive?  Is it ethical to treat a person without their consent?  In my mind those are far more important questions to ask.

Good point. Objectively, you can't say definitively what caused it, however when kids come out of a program and are later diagnosed with PTSD, caused by the program, I think it's fair to assume that some of the suicides could be attributed to the program.
I agree that stressful experiences could cause PTSD and if a child is abused inside a program that could be the result, but how do we know which ones?

Which programs?  Well.  The only real way to do that is to ask questions of those who have been in the particular program about what they have been through, and compare those experiences with those of others and of similar programs.  Some threads on Fornits have done a good job of this as has ISACcorp in gathering information.  I think it's also fair to look at the known practices of the school, it's origin, and it's power structure.  Keep in mind that the facts of many practices, such as the skits at MBA, are not contested by either side.  What Is debated is whether or not those practices constituted abuse, or were in any way beneficial.  Personally I can't think of an appropriate therapeutic context for a song about hand jobs but obviously Aspen disagrees.  All that is up to a to a jury to decide after considering testimony from both sides, expert witnesses, etc...  and I'm quite sure it'll get to that because while some parents might fall for Aspen's bullshit, there will be some who won't be so gullible and who will decide to sue.

We also need to consider the kids like “Nigel’s son” and scores of others who go into programs feeling suicidal and hopeless and come out on a better path and live long happy lives.

Personally. i'm quite sure Nigel's son will come out singing the praises of the program.  It'll probably be that way for anywhere from a few weeks to a few years... but what i'm also sure of from experience, is that time will put things in perspective.  It's only then Nigel's parents will start to regret their decision.

there is a profusion of data documenting that torture, imprisonment, kidnap and thought reform causes long term brain damage.
There aren't traditional "experiments" on the subject because you can't legally torture someone to collect data about how it alters them--but that doesn't make the available studies only "anecdotal."
You are right. I misspoke.  One can show that a particular program uses thought reform and the effects of that are indeed known...  but each organization using thought reform has it's own caveats and the long term effects are not identical.  Singer lists a host of different symptoms for a host of different cults.  In order prove what symptoms programs produce, there would have to be independent studies.  Proving programs increase risks of suicide is not as easy as it seems, regardless of what you or I have seen with our own eyes.