Author Topic: Were we all martyrs?  (Read 1255 times)

Offline seamus

• View Profile
Were we all martyrs?
« on: October 18, 2009, 08:52:53 PM »
Kinda seems ,sometimes that we were lined up to be victims on the altar of either democaracy or the republican party.It would be interesting to see a factual study done on straight(and decendant) programs to see where more/most of the influence politically,and thusly the cash REALLY comes from.
  Straight is DEAD,and its history is well known,but did one party,or group back its decendants more than the other? Were we all some kinda pawns? I think about this shit all the time,and at times cant let go of it.
 I vote republican , basically be cause I detest restrictions on the 2nd amendment,and I firmly believe in old scool silly shit like the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Funny how straight seemed to 'suspend' that shit when it came to us,  Im sayin' werent talking behind peoples backs,and( as antigen is fond of saying)
RAMPANT TALKING OUT IN GROUP. Wasnt that protected speech? What about the writ of Habeus Corpus? Unlawful fucking detention at least.Where the fuck was MY due process ,Godammit? no, really where did it go? How come nobody was lookin out for my ass? Is my country a joke? Is my belief misplaced? or is it a lack of inforcement?
We bitch and moan about gitmo,and the 'rights' of illeagal immigrants,but where the fuck were mine,and some poor fucker is STILL in some monkeyfarm,with his/her rights bein run over fuckin roughshod.       I dont get it . I dont think lawyers are an answer. I wonder if a firebomb is. :nods:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
Re: Were we all martyrs?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 09:03:46 PM »
Quote from: "seamus"
Kinda seems ,sometimes that we were lined up to be victims on the altar of either democaracy or the republican party.It would be interesting to see a factual study done on straight(and decendant) programs to see where more/most of the influence politically,and thusly the cash REALLY comes from.
  Straight is DEAD,and its history is well known,but did one party,or group back its decendants more than the other? Were we all some kinda pawns? I think about this shit all the time,and at times cant let go of it.
 I vote republican , basically be cause I detest restrictions on the 2nd amendment,and I firmly believe in old scool silly shit like the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Funny how straight seemed to 'suspend' that shit when it came to us,  Im sayin' werent talking behind peoples backs,and( as antigen is fond of saying)
RAMPANT TALKING OUT IN GROUP. Wasnt that protected speech? What about the writ of Habeus Corpus? Unlawful fucking detention at least.Where the fuck was MY due process ,Godammit? no, really where did it go? How come nobody was lookin out for my ass? Is my country a joke? Is my belief misplaced? or is it a lack of inforcement?
We bitch and moan about gitmo,and the 'rights' of illeagal immigrants,but where the fuck were mine,and some poor fucker is STILL in some monkeyfarm,with his/her rights bein run over fuckin roughshod.       I dont get it . I dont think lawyers are an answer. I wonder if a firebomb is. :nods:

Mel Sembler is a well-known fund raiser for the Republican party.  He has been rewarded for his efforts with political ambassadorial appointments.  He is obviously incompetent, because when the shit hit the fan in Italy a couple of years back, he was replaced by an actual diplomat.  I think he represented US interests in Tonga, and Australia as well.  What would have been another cushy post in Italy got a bit more complex after the CIA abducted some terror suspects on Italian soil.  Penis Pump Mell couldn't hack the heat, lacking real diplomatic credentials as he does, so he was recalled and replced by someone with actual experience and competance.

Miller Newton ran for a state senate seat in Florida as a Democrat prior to his involvement in Straight, so I suppose neither major party in the US has a monopoly on Straightism and Straightization, but I tend to believe the Reps hands are a little bit dirtier in the case.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 09:11:59 PM »
Tonga sounds like a great place for ol smelvin,up the ass of beyond,but still we knew that .where did the decendants get their cash/clout? Where do they get off?
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Sam Kinison

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 02:04:59 AM »
Main Entry: 1mar·tyr
Pronunciation: ?mär-t?r
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English, from Late Latin, from Greek martyr-, martys witness
Date: before 12th century
1 : a person who voluntarily suffers death as the penalty of witnessing to and refusing to renounce a religion
2 : a person who sacrifices something of great value and especially life itself for the sake of principle
3 : victim; especially : a great or constant sufferer <a martyr to asthma all his life — A. J. Cronin>

— mar·tyr·i·za·tion  ?mär-t?-r?-?z?-sh?n noun

— mar·tyr·ize  ?mär-t?-?r?z transitive verb

Given these three definitions,I have to say no.I didn't volunteer for anything and very little,if anything,I did during that time was based on principle.I try not to think of myself as a victim.I was a teenager who paid far too severe a price for some not very wise choices.My behavior in Str8 was based on one constant factor,survival.I recognized early on that I made some not very wise decisions,my surroundings told me so.The eggshells that I walked on for the next 16 1/2 months was based on not making my situation any worse than it was and eventually leaving through the front door.Any other choice led to bigger and worse things.Some similarities between Straight and Auschwitz,where many of my father's relatives ended up some 30 years earlier.
Straight did not have extermination chambers however every inmate knew that once inside there was only two ways out.Liberation or the incinerators.I knew that the only way out for me was either the program deemed me fit to reenter society or be one of the lucky ones whose parents came to their senses.Amazing how they put me on Fifth Phase one week before I turned 18,where my options multiplied a thousand fold.Whether we were being exterminated or not,one constant was true in both situations,we were all just playing for time,hoping for our situation to change.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 02:28:38 AM »
sam beat me to it.

I have a suspicion that someone like avila was not exactly thinking about any "greater" cause as he was strapping his belt around his neck and tying it to the sprinkler pipe. He had more pressing issues.

But it's just a guess. Doesnt matter now, though, cause he's dead, and so are a lot of other kids...

but the programs arent.

Offline Sam Kinison

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 12:53:58 PM »
Yes.A Frankenstein Monster like the Straight Program does not die easily.Take comfort that it is at least on the run and in hiding,looking for camouflage and safe havens.This might be of little solace,but it's far better than endorsement visits from the First Lady and the Princess of Wales.In this area,it looks like society might be making progress.It just won't go away quietly.Too much money to be made.