Author Topic: Sue Scheff on Me, admits to kickbacks  (Read 2327 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Sue Scheff on Me, admits to kickbacks
« on: October 16, 2009, 02:11:26 AM »
From the amazon previews of her book (search for Alex)  Ginger appears to be "Smith" and Carey Bock is "Clark".

Here she admits to taking kickbacks (kids for cash...  what else do you want to call it) from programs:

She even comments on my Fornits signature!

There she slips and uses my first name.  No doubt her lawyer insisted she refer to me as "Alex" to avoid a lawsuit over the book.  What's wrong, Scheff?  Worried another defamation lawsuit will expose your dirty little secrets?  Plus.  This way nobody can check her story.

Apparantly, i'm also a bona-fide thorn in her side.

Oh, the flattery

Complain all you want, Scheff.  Sueschefftruth.com is still the number one result for your name on a google search and that is not something that you have the power to change. Maye there is a 12 step group for that.

And she quotes a good deal of Encyclopedia Dramatica which she, of course, blames on me.  Various Fornits postings too.

Anyway.  If you're looking for a good example of how this site can put program supporters' panties in a bunch, drawing attention to the issue, check out that book preview feature and type on Alex, Smith, or Clark.  Even Dysfunction Junction is named.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sue Scheff on Me, admits to kickbacks
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 05:08:03 AM »
Man, she's got some serious obsessive disorders going on over you.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 05:15:58 AM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Man, she's got some serious obsessive disorders going on over you.
In fairness, the other half of the book is about Ginger. Carey is blasted all over, though.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 05:36:20 AM »
On Friday October 16, 2009, Sue Scheff is hereby deemed a cunt.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 08:37:56 AM »
Is it avaliable to download? Because no way I'm giving her anymore of my money. I've already bought one of her damn books.

also, I so can't believe the Sue Scheff's hand videos weren't mentioned. That's totally unfair.

cunt.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 08:44:15 AM »
Psy seems comfortable enough in his role of useful idiot, and online stalker. Scheff is smart to use this to her benefit, and gets on TV and declares herself a victim of online harassment, which she pulls off with ease. You know, though, if Scheff was so evil the people she actually referred to be in programs would be the ones building websites. Psy has a hobby attacking organizations and people he has no personal experience with, like AA.  Psy is a creepy stalker, I'd be freaked out if he built a website shrine devoted to me too.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 08:48:58 AM »
I've got a shrine dedicated to you in my bathroom.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 09:36:15 AM »
Hey!  She used my real name!  How low can you go, Sue?   :roflmao:

The previews are hilarious historical fiction.  You know, where Sue becomes the victim and all?  And then the kicker is that she actually admits to taking kickbacks from known-to-be-abusive teen quack shacks.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 03:53:05 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
quack shacks.
I think I like that better than "duck farm", actually.  Has a better ring to it.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 05:52:41 PM »
I am surprised at the reaction that Sue makes money off of referals.  You cant ding her for being dishonest since she is being transparent.  How do you think she feeds her family?  These boarding schools use many ways to market themselves and fill the beds like anyone else would.  Hospitals do this all the time.. Medicare patients are transferred based on kickbacks to doctors, cash flow and ambulance services, bed availability.  Doctors receive kickbacks from drug companies to use one generic drug over another.. no harm done if they are both equally effective.  If Sue has a choice between recommending Aspen Ranch vs another equally effective treatment and the other place offers her $6,000 for the referral then it makes sense to recommend the place which will benefit her company.

I agree it can become a dangerous practice and Obama is going to have to deal with this also as he wades thru his own plan, but you cant single out one person without targeting the entire healthcare system.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 06:12:04 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
If Sue has a choice between recommending Aspen Ranch vs another equally effective treatment

You mean like actual, guaranteed, 100% snake oil? Or Hydrated Water to cure all your ills? Get your Aqua Cura here!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 06:22:51 PM »
am surprised at the reaction that Sue makes money off of referals. You cant ding her for being dishonest since she is being transparent. How do you think she feeds her family? These boarding schools use many ways to market themselves and fill the beds like anyone else would. Hospitals do this all the time.. Medicare patients are transferred based on kickbacks to doctors, cash flow and ambulance services, bed availability. Doctors receive kickbacks from drug companies to use one generic drug over another.. no harm done if they are both equally effective. If Sue has a choice between recommending Aspen Ranch vs another equally effective treatment and the other place offers her $6,000 for the referral then it makes sense to recommend the place which will benefit her company.

Here are just a few problems with it.

She isn't a doctor and she doesn't have any medical or clinical experience to deem what is the best suit for a kid with behavior problems.

If she is being paid by the school then she is working for the school and not the family she is suppose to be helping.  It is a conflict of interest.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 06:26:22 PM »
If Sue has a choice between recommending Aspen Ranch vs another equally effective treatment

You mean like actual, guaranteed, 100% snake oil? Or Hydrated Water to cure all your ills? Get your Aqua Cura here!

If you have a study which supports your opinion I am sure many of us would like to review it.  Otherwise It appears you dont have a problem with Sue acting like any other professional but it seems you dont believe the treatment to be effective and thats okay, we all have our opinions.  I just think it would help if you provided a link or some evidence of some kind to support your thoughts.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 06:55:42 PM »
Here are just a few problems with it.

She isn't a doctor and she doesn't have any medical or clinical experience to deem what is the best suit for a kid with behavior problems.

If she is being paid by the school then she is working for the school and not the family she is suppose to be helping. It is a conflict of interest.

I do see your point.  But there is no requirement that says you need to be a doctor before you can recommend kids to programs, that I am aware of.
As far as being paid by the schools, I agree, it can be a conflict of interest.  First off I think it is good that she is open with it and says she receives money from these schools.  This is better than most doctors will admit.  But if there are two schools which are not quite equal and one pays a referral fee then the child may not get the best placement.  So I do see that kickbacks can be harmful.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 07:41:54 PM »
I do see your point. But there is no requirement that says you need to be a doctor before you can recommend kids to programs, that I am aware of.
As far as being paid by the schools, I agree, it can be a conflict of interest. First off I think it is good that she is open with it and says she receives money from these schools. This is better than most doctors will admit. But if there are two schools which are not quite equal and one pays a referral fee then the child may not get the best placement. So I do see that kickbacks can be harmful.

I know there is no requirement that says you need to be a doctor before you can recommend a kid to a program.  That imo is a big part of the problem with the industry.  Maybe that is something regulation can take into account and possibly change.   Although I don't know that regulation is really the answer.  The whole program idea to me is very risky.

Kickbacks are a big part of the problem.  The incentive to send a kid to the highest bidder is more likely to occur.