Author Topic: Benefits of Change Academy at Lake of the Ozarks  (Read 10619 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Benefits of Change Academy at Lake of the Ozarks
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 10:15:44 AM »
Quote from: "calo"
Benefits of  Change Academy at Lake of the Ozarks

You meet and make life long friends
You become very friendly
You tend do always do your homework
A little more focus on that last one might help with improving communication skills.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Support from other parents
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 10:32:52 AM »
Quote from: "calo"
Support from other parents
 August 27, 2009 19:19 by  Ken

One of the ways that we try to help families is by finding resources for dealing with issues while a child is still at home, or after a child has been in residential treatment. There are not a lot of that type of resource where a professional can come to your home if you live in a remote area. Even if you live near a big city, frequently there is not a professional around that is trained in working with trauma or attachment issues.  In an information age, the internet can be a tremendous help if you know what to look for. This post is meant to give an idea of where to go for some invaluable help from parents who struggle with attachment and trauma-challenged teens.

The organization is called the "Attachment and Trauma Network (ATN)." If you want to go to their website, type in http://www.radzebra.org. ATN was created by a mother who adopted some children who were struggling. Nancy Spoolstra was that mom and she was unable to figure out where to go for help. When she eventually found some of the help she needed she began networking in the attachment world and realized that many parents needed some support from other parents. Parents needed a place to look for answers. With that in mind she created ATN and it has been most helpful to hundreds and thousands of families since.

ATN is a true non-profit. There are many links and resources that are free on their site. If you want unlimited access to support groups you can try that out for free for a month or so. Joining costs $35 per year. I believe in what they are doing so much that I joined the board as a volunteer. Take a look at ATN and give me feedback about your thoughts
Nothing like keeping the conversation slanted in your favor, eh, Ken?  :rofl:
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: canine program
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 03:57:43 PM »
Quote from: "Curious George"
CALO,

Disclose who you are and I will disclose who I am.

I've witnessed this.  I can tell you names.  I want to tell the world the truth about CALO and what I've personally seen.  Yes, girls do sit on the laps of the staff and yes, I've personally seen staff "tickling" underage girls.  Sucks for you.

Challenge me.  I'll meet you in person.

CG

Nobody cares.  Keep pissing into the wind if it makes you feel better for. But please, donate some money to fornits.

Offline calo

• View Profile
Re: Why Choose CALO?
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2009, 07:39:20 PM »
Why  believe propaganda from those who have created it?

Did anyone believe Hitler?  Stalin? Mao? Chang? Idi? Barbra Boxer? or Charles Shumer?

WTF?

CG

Your responses suggest a disgruntled student who did not work on his/her core issues.

Offline calo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2009, 07:41:44 PM »
Ha! Ha! Ha!

You meet what????

What does Caleb think about this?  Has Caleb met friends he would like to spend time with?

CG

Caleb Cottle is an excellent employee at CALO.

Offline calo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 07:43:34 PM »
CALO,

I've witnessed this.  I can tell you names.  I want to tell the world the truth about CALO and what I've personally seen.  Yes, girls do sit on the laps of the staff and yes, I've personally seen staff "tickling" underage girls.  Sucks for you.

CG

You are slandering staff at CALO and making up false accusations.

Offline calo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 07:45:54 PM »
CALO,

Let's go...it's time for a fight.

You are a fag, a coward, and a liar.

Step up to the plate and meet me in person.

CG

I will not resort to name calling on this website.  You can call Ken Huey if you wish to discuss further issues with him.

Offline calo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 07:48:37 PM »
CALO,

Would you like names, faces?

I've been there, I've seen it.  You are full of shit.  I can testify to it and I will.  Test me and you will find out.  I have 3 other witnesses that are just willing to tell the truth.

I'm waiting to see you in person.

CG

What are you implying when you say, "I can testify and I will?"  I would be glad to discuss your misconceptions over the phone.

Offline Curious George

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2009, 09:39:30 PM »
CALO,

Well of course you are going to say it's slanderous.  Well, last time I checked, the truth is an adequate defense in MO.  Since I'm telling the truth, I have no concerns and don't mind defending my position.  That is what I am implying, I'm eager to tell the whole truth, just not in this forum.

What I have seen, I have seen,  you can deny it or say whatever you like here and that's OK, but the audience here won't be making the real decisions, will they?  Also, I'm not trying to convince anyone here at Fornits of what my truth is.   My sole purpose is to find others who've also been wronged and had family members harmed by CALO.

Truth is I have seen things at CALO that just are not right.  You apparently are afraid of it and the fact that others have seen it too.  Big problem for you I think, if you continue to sling the crap you've been slinging and continue to try & deny + gag the truth.

Yes, I think Caleb probably is an excellent employee and to clarify, nothing is implied about Caleb.  But that is not what I asked.  I was asking to the effect if he (being such an excellent employee)  has had or may have had issues with certain staff at your facility?

Also, would you like to venture an answer for another nagging question?  Is CALO aware of any relationships that has occured between former or current staff members and the students, either former or current?  And is CALO aware of any relationships between students, either past or present?  After all, if CALOs top management is unaware of what may be occuring under their own roof, there are bigger issues here.  If they are aware, well that's an entirely new ballgame isn't it?

BTW, I don't have any misconceptions about what I KNOW.  But it seems you, do have misconceptions about what I know.

CG

Offline Curious George

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2009, 09:58:31 PM »
CALO,

Almost forgot.  Thank you for not resorting to the name calling.  Now that we have a gentleman on board, I can stop too and maybe a civil exchange can occur.

Nothing aggrevates me more than the dirtbags slinging lies + the name calling.  Name calling I can handle (all just a bunch of blowing off steam, which I am guilty of it too, mind you), but geeeeze, the lies too?

That combination just makes me flat out crazy.

CG

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Staff tickling children on their lap ?!?
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2009, 10:43:46 PM »
CALO,

CG
Curious George,
Please excuse me for jumping into the middle of this exchange between you and “calo” poster.
I was startled to read your statement regarding witnessing girls at CALO being placed on the laps of staff members and what you described as staff “tickling” these girls.
If it would not compromise your/anyone else’s developing case against CALO; please describe the context of what you witnessed.
 Were these incidents explained to you (if you asked)? If so, what the hell? Is this something done to the girls under the pretext of therapy?  Did these situations involve the same staffer one child or more than one?

Offline Curious George

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2009, 11:44:54 PM »
Quest,

I'd really like to help you out, but I can't at this point.  I hope you understand and don't hold it against me.  I'm on the side of the truth...no matter how ugly it is.

All I can say is that I'm telling the truth and am really annoyed with CALO and their lies + their threats.  CALO has a history of this and I'm just not afraid anymore...at all, period...full stop...Ken has done this in the past and he has met someone that will stand up to him face to face.

I'm wondering if the CALO post is going to respond to my questions.  I think I have them over the barrel, they didn't expect this one and that is one of the real issues.  Wait till the other comes out.

I have lots more to disclose, but don't want to do it here.

CG

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2009, 12:32:18 AM »
Quest,

I'd really like to help you out, but I can't at this point.  I hope you understand and don't hold it against me.  I'm on the side of the truth...no matter how ugly it is.

All I can say is that I'm telling the truth and am really annoyed with CALO and their lies + their threats.  CALO has a history of this and I'm just not afraid anymore...at all, period...full stop...Ken has done this in the past and he has met someone that will stand up to him face to face.

I'm wondering if the CALO post is going to respond to my questions.  I think I have them over the barrel, they didn't expect this one and that is one of the real issues.  Wait till the other comes out.

I have lots more to disclose, but don't want to do it here.

CG
Who are you? A former employee? Former student? I am curious, too, about the extreme vendetta you seem to be pursuing.
I have first hand knowledge of CALO and perhaps they are not perfect, but they are certainly not abusive.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2009, 09:56:43 AM »
A teenage adoptee struggling to connect with parents and caregivers

:timeout:   Whoa, whoa whoa.. What?

It sounds like English is probably your second language, so Im not sure if this means what I think it does. But.. kids who were simply adopted?.... Programs are targeting this as a sole criteria now? Like, you're supposed to help with the fact that they were adopted? Like it's some serious headfuck that you're a teen and were adopted?

Is it just CALO doing this? Is this a new program thing? Send your kid to us since they were adopted?

If this is the case, and Im reading this copy right... wow. I.. uh.

fuck... that's just....  :'(

Offline Curious George

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2009, 08:28:54 PM »
Guest,

What do you define as abusive, and how do you know they are not?  Enlighten me.  If you speak the truth I will listen.  If it is the truth, I will admit I am wrong and will go away forever.  If it is a lie, I will never stop, ever.

I've already disclosed the nature of my involvement.

The one thing you are failing to ask is "what is the truth"?  As opposed to, who I am?  Who really cares who I am?  Certainly not you.  All that matters is that I have a truthful story to tell.

We also are waiting for an answer to my very direct question which no one seems to want to answer.

Why is that being avoided too?  Why does CALO lie and threaten parents?  Why does CALO want to squash the truth?  Why Why Why?

If CALO was sincere about its intentions and therapy, wouldn't they admit to the truth, fix it, make sure it never happens again and live up to the trust of care model they market so assertively and with such enthusiasm?  Or are they subject to the same affliction where they believe their own bullshit?  I for one would rather know that there are problems that are being addressed rather than ones that are swept under the rug for the appearance of propriety.

Why do you defend them?  Are you not aware of what has happened?  Have you been kept in the dark?  What is YOUR agenda?  If you are the attorney, how do you reconcile what is legal vs. what is moral?  Didn't they teach business ethics at your university?  At what point do you stand up for what is right?

My agenda is finding the truth.  No burying it, not gagging it.  If I've imagined all that I've seen, I'll gladly seek professional help, but not at your facility, that's for damn sure.  But the problem is, I've lived it and I have seen it.  So what do you actually know about CALO and what revenue stream are you protecting at the expense of people who really care?

My vendetta is against anyone who tries to silence the truth.

Can you understand now?  The nature of this, I think, might be beyond you.

CG