Author Topic: Groupthink psychology  (Read 3698 times)

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
Re: Groupthink psychology
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2009, 07:18:30 PM »
Dragonfly! hey =)

Good to see you're hanging in there. Me too, just college is really odd. First off it's a lot of work, and second the whole social portion is difficult for me. I am not shy or anything, but it is hard for me to know what is appropriate behavior for the whole college scene. Pirate talks about this a lot.. It is like our social skills were stripped away or distorted in some way..And now I am faced with it in public everyday. It wouldn't be so bad "if I didn't care what those people thought..." But I must care,  some of "those people" grade my papers and exams ;p ( I am not saying I like or agree with this "keeping up an image thing".. but I don't have a choice right now)

As for the other part of this thread... I do not publicly self disclose my life's traumas...but, I am finding myself trying to encourage classmates (who are very outspoken)to be careful with their own self disclosure... which seems odd to me.  I am not sure which is socially acceptable... talking openly or being protective about disclosing personal traumatic events. Ugh, now I am just confusing myself.. sigh. LOL

**I guess for now I just have to  {{ keep putting one foot in front of the other and doing what I have to do to get where I am going... While maintaining the relationships which serve me best.}} (That has been my mantra to keep my focus and motivation up for the last 2 yrs or so)

Peace2u!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Fr. Cassian

• View Profile
    • http://goat.cx
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2009, 06:44:45 AM »
It sounds like you druggies need to apply your 6th step and improve your conscious contact with someone who has been there all along for you -- the Lord Jesus Christ, our one and only savior! A relationship with God is the most important relationship there ever was and ever will be for anyone, and will "serve you best." Now get to praying for the salvation of your miserable druggie souls!!! :flame:
I am a priest of GOD!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2009, 09:56:27 PM »
:bump: