Author Topic: The new CALO - Change Academy of the Ozarks forum  (Read 2849 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The new CALO - Change Academy of the Ozarks forum
« on: September 16, 2009, 12:23:46 PM »
The new CALO - Change Academy of the Ozarks forum moderated by Che Gookin is a joke.  Che Gookin was given moderating powers and he is known for verbal abuse towards Ken Huey/CALO.  Would Che submit a reply from Ken Huey?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: The new CALO - Change Academy of the Ozarks forum
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 12:32:54 PM »
Quote from: "TRAVIS"
The new CALO - Change Academy of the Ozarks forum moderated by Che Gookin is a joke.  Che Gookin was given moderating powers and he is known for verbal abuse towards Ken Huey/CALO.  Would Che submit a reply from Ken Huey?
I can't speak for Che but i'm pretty sure he'd have no problem with Ken speaking in his forum.  I wouldn't be surprised if he extended an open public invitation.  He has already posted on Fornits:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27962

You also have to distinguish between Che's behavior in an unmoderated forum and his more controlled behavior in a moderated forum.  The two are generally quite different.  He's quite capable of behaving himself.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 12:42:03 PM »
You also have to distinguish between Che's behavior in an unmoderated forum

What behavior are you talking about?

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 12:43:59 PM »
Quote from: "manic"

Nothing specific.  He's just more self-disciplined in a moderated forum.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 01:20:24 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
Quote from: "manic"

Nothing specific.  He's just more self-disciplined in a moderated forum.

What psy means is that Che Gookin won't be an asshole in a moderated forum.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 03:32:19 PM »
Nothing specific. He's just more self-disciplined in a moderated forum.

psy does not have the balls to point out Che Gookins bullshit behaviors on this website.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 03:39:05 PM »
Quote from: "behaviors"
Nothing specific. He's just more self-disciplined in a moderated forum.

psy does not have the balls to point out Che Gookins bullshit behaviors on this website.
No.  I just don't think it's appropriate or necessary to publicly berate a friend.  This ain't a program and this ain't a group/rap.  If I think his behavior is over the line I bitch him out in private.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 03:49:58 PM »
No. I just don't think it's appropriate or necessary to publicly berate a friend. This ain't a program and this ain't a group/rap. If I think his behavior is over the line I bitch him out in private.

Excuses :ftard: , keep them coming.  You should treat ALL people the same on your website.  If you cannot do that, you shouldn't be a moderator.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 03:58:35 PM »
Quote from: "dishonest"
No. I just don't think it's appropriate or necessary to publicly berate a friend. This ain't a program and this ain't a group/rap. If I think his behavior is over the line I bitch him out in private.

Excuses :ftard: , keep them coming.  You should treat ALL people the same on your website.  If you cannot do that, you shouldn't be a moderator.
I'm just another poster who happens to work at keeping the site up and running.  Nothing special.  I'm not a moderator, cept on the melting pot forum.  As for treating all people equal?  I try to, not that I have any requirement to.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 04:10:58 PM »
As for treating all people equal? I try to, not that I have any requirement to.

As for treating all people equal.  I try to, but I give my friend Che Gookin special privelages.  This website would be more credible if you got of your ass and cleaned things up.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 04:35:12 PM »
Quote from: "privelages"
As for treating all people equal? I try to, not that I have any requirement to.

As for treating all people equal.  I try to, but I give my friend Che Gookin special privelages.

He asked for the forum and provided sufficient justification (increased traffic on that topic, demand, etc.)  Antigen approved the request, not me.  You could do the same if you wished.

This website would be more credible if you got of your ass and cleaned things up.

How so?  Open to suggestions here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 06:06:38 PM »
How so? Open to suggestions here.

a.  You shouldn't give moderating powers to someone who is abusive, disrespectful on a constant basis and berates programs without proof.
b.  Post the rules so people see them.  If fornits members don't follow them, then ban them.
c.  Treat people equal.  You have no problem putting someone in their place but refuse to put Che Gookin in his place publicly.  If you confront him in private, then do that for everyone.  Playing favorites does not give you respect.

If  you can't do a, b or c, then you'll get crap on a constant basis.  Not by me, but by others.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 06:13:22 PM »
Cry more, emo programmie.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 06:24:13 PM »
Quote from: "suggestions"
How so? Open to suggestions here.

a.  You shouldn't give moderating powers to someone who is abusive, disrespectful on a constant basis and berates programs without proof.

You have a good point that he might not be the most neutural party to moderate the CALO forum but who would moderate it then?  Plus.  It was his idea and thus it's only fair it should be his "sandbox".  In essence it's his private establishment which he can choose to do with as he chooses.  Maybe I have more confidence in him than you do.

b.  Post the rules so people see them.  If fornits members don't follow them, then ban them.

I think ginger has them set up somewhere.  They're around. You're right.  They should be more accessible (but then again there are basically no forum-wide rules).  Also, damn near nothing is a bannable offense cept spamming.  It seems some people want the best of both worlds.  They want the conversation to be nice and polite and at the same time want the forum to be free.  Sorry.  It's one or the other and freedom of speech is much preferred.

c.  Treat people equal.  You have no problem putting someone in their place but refuse to put Che Gookin in his place publicly.  If you confront him in private, then do that for everyone.

See... but I can't do that for everyone since I can't contact guests without getting permission from that poster to look up their IP, matching it to a poster, and Pming that poster.  What if a guest poster refuses?  There have been cases but generally I try to be respectful of all people.  Again, nothing requires me to do so.  I'm just another poster and I have every right to be as rude as I choose to anybody I please.  Don't confuse my personal views with forum policy.  The two are separate and the latter is dictated by Antigen anyway.  I'm just an enforcer.  Only reason I try to be polite is because it's how I would like to be treated and generally people reciprocate.

Playing favorites does not give you respect.

I agree.  But nobody else has requested a forum so it's not really playing favorites.  And ultimately, although people blame me, it was Antigen's decision.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 06:43:37 PM »
Che can be a bit intemperate at times, but then so can I. His Q&A interviews have always been straight bidness. I have no reason to doubt that these will be the same. Besides, the local (to CALO) media is interested in doing a story and they're looking for witnesses willing to give their firsthand accounts. If we can facilitate that as easily as just setting up a new sub-forum for Che to use to that end, why wouldn't we?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes