Author Topic: A reminder to you HR 911 supporters...  (Read 2507 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
A reminder to you HR 911 supporters...
« on: September 15, 2009, 08:14:50 AM »

think about it...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: A reminder to you HR 911 supporters...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 10:18:06 AM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"

think about it...

I think you didn't post their current license.  However, I could be wrong.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 09:09:26 PM »
Uhm, there is no current license. Straight was among the most notorious, though probably not the most brutal, juvenile TC type programs ever.

Ref: http://www.orangetoiletnews.com/?p=728

I think the point is that licensing doesn't do the trick.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 11:42:54 PM »
yes... that would be the point.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 11:47:12 PM »
I think it's better than nothing. Why are the worst programs clustered in the states with the least regulations? And come on, Florida..? are we counting them as a part of the US now? Why not look at  a state like California or Washington or Oregon or a state with non retarded leadership , wouldn't you rather be sent to a program on the west coast than in the south or midwest? Why is that?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 12:00:36 AM »
Yet another friendly reminder that the state of Washington forbids non-consensual treatment to anyone over 13.

Programs sre effectively illegal there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 12:04:06 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Yet another friendly reminder that the state of Washington forbids non-consensual treatment to anyone over 13.

Do you have any proof programs are not legal in WA?

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 12:06:09 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"

Ehh... yes and no, but as we all know most of the abuse that goes on in Washington state is via court ordered kids. Those kids don't have a choice in the treatment they get.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 12:08:55 AM »
Ehh... yes and no, but as we all know most of the abuse that goes on in Washington state is via court ordered kids. Those kids don't have a choice in the treatment they get.

PLEASE discuss why they are legal.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 12:57:44 AM »
May I just say one little thing?

Licensing and regulation can only do so much, which as we've seen in the past isn't nearly enough.

BUT

The point of HR 911, and the reason I support it is because at the very least an agency with the sole purpose of regulating these institutions will be created. I don't understand how having a department of law enforcement dedicated to investigating claims of abuse with the authority to walk in and take appropriate action could ever be considered a bad thing....

So maybe this law will allow some programs to slip through the cracks, I get that, its more than a possibility but I think SOME amount of dedicated monitoring is better than the complete LACK of accountability they have now. and its my assumption that as long as there is an abuse hotline and child advocates who are savvy on the specific issues with the TTI, there wont be too much these programs will be able to get away with before they get shut down and charges are brought against the offenders. I personally hope to be involved with this agency, I would honestly dedicate my life to that job and I know many people who would as well.

I know its hard to trust your government, but just think, the people who are pushing this forward, and those who will be selected to be involved with regulation will be the same people who have been fighting this fight all along, perhaps even some of us. Who would have better expertise? So if the problem is that you cant trust the government to do this job correctly then stand up and tell them you want the job, tell them you want to look that scumbag program owner in the face and deny him the license he needs to continue abusing children. Ya know they say, if you want something done right you gotta do it yourself, and since we don't have the kinds of resources we need to open our own advocacy agency we need to rally for the government to fund an avenue for us to be able to do so.

I may be an idealist, but I like to think that the future holds hope for the children currently held in these facilities, this may not be the be all end all solution, we all know we have a long way to go until these kids are safe, but I think this is a step, a very important step.
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 12:59:36 AM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"

Licensing and regulation can only do so much, which as we've seen in the past isn't nearly enough.

BUT

The point of HR 911, and the reason I support it is because at the very least an agency with the sole purpose of regulating these institutions will be created. I don't understand how having a department of law enforcement dedicated to investigating claims of abuse with the authority to walk in and take appropriate action could ever be considered a bad thing....

So maybe this law will allow some programs to slip through the cracks, I get that, its more than a possibility but I think SOME amount of dedicated monitoring is better than the complete LACK of accountability they have now. and its my assumption that as long as there is an abuse hotline and child advocates who are savvy on the specific issues with the TTI, there wont be too much these programs will be able to get away with before they get shut down and charges are brought against the offenders. I personally hope to be involved with this agency, I would honestly dedicate my life to that job and I know many people who would as well.

I know its hard to trust your government, but just think, the people who are pushing this forward, and those who will be selected to be involved with regulation will be the same people who have been fighting this fight all along, perhaps even some of us. Who would have better expertise? So if the problem is that you cant trust the government to do this job correctly then stand up and tell them you want the job, tell them you want to look that scumbag program owner in the face and deny him the license he needs to continue abusing children. Ya know they say, if you want something done right you gotta do it yourself, and since we don't have the kinds of resources we need to open our own advocacy agency we need to rally for the government to fund an avenue for us to be able to do so.

I may be an idealist, but I like to think that the future holds hope for the children currently held in these facilities, this may not be the be all end all solution, we all know we have a long way to go until these kids are safe, but I think this is a step, a very important step.

The reason you know it's good is that Aspen Education Group, torture inc, opposes it.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 01:45:11 AM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"

BUT

You are missing the point also. Do you know how Straight Inc. was finally brought down? It was brought down by Rich Bradbury who protested his ass off long enough and hard enough that the state of Florida finally excercised its laws and put them out of business.

The point being made here is that 911 alone won't do a god damn thing. What is going to make something like 911 remotely effective is people like Rich Bradbury who don't give up, and don't accept compromises. He's also the sort of guy who is willing to go dumpster diving for Mel Sembler's penis pump.

The feds couldn't regulate a frat party in a whore house let alone an industry like this sort. Don't depend on a bunch of retards who burned down Waco, snipered half of Idaho at Ruby Ridge, and has prosecuted a never ending war on drugs despite being the clear losers of it for over 20 years.

911 will be effective because of the private citizens who don't accept compromises with shitholes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 02:21:07 AM »
HR 911

911?

9/11 = Bad

Hr 911 = Bad

The govt. did 9/11

Now it will do HR 911

SIGN OF THE BEAST

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 03:03:52 AM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
911 will be effective because of the private citizens who don't accept compromises with shitholes.

What can private citizens do if there is no agency to facilitate their concerns being properly investigated?

I really don't think any amount of dumpster diving is going to take down the TTI, we need to demand that our government do its fucking job to protect it's citizens, especially minors who's parents are the ones putting them in danger.

So many times have I tried to rally us all to create a private advocacy group dedicated to investigating and reporting abuse, but no one has the time or money to make that happen. The only way parents and kids will have somewhere to go for help is if the government is willing to fund an agency. OF COURSE there will be a lot of work to do before this agency would be able to properly regulate, and I'm hoping for more legislation for complete abolishment of the TTI, but I think that HR 911 will serve as a good stepping stone to get to that point. I'm sure our government would rather pass a law to put these monsters out of business than to continue to pay for an operational regulation agency, but they might need to see that for themselves first.

I say pass it, and as soon as we've seen success at least getting people to recognize the cause, we should have more leverage to pass more laws leading to the abolishment of the practices used in the TTI. Until then, if this is all we have in way of progress I say either support it or stay out of the way. All the "what if's" and "didn' work before's" is only hurting our chances of getting SOMEWHERE with this cause... progress is progress! It might not be perfect but its a step in the right direction and I can't seem to find enough reason to oppose this progress.
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 04:13:43 AM »
Where does it say in HR 911 that they'll be organizing some sort of federal agency with police powers to regulate programs? Also:

CEDU, brought down by a lawsuit.
Whitmore, Brought down by a lawsuit and a nolo contendre plea.
Benchmark, reduced to a pale shadow of its former self by losing a lawsuit.
Thayer, brought down by a lawsuit.

The list goes on and on.