Author Topic: Richard Darrington has a new job  (Read 3256 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Richard Darrington has a new job
« on: September 05, 2009, 12:46:44 AM »
Richard Darrington has a new job - regardless of the police investigation. Odd board in that school district is the first I came to think off.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: Richard Darrington has a new job
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 01:07:16 AM »
Man, this school district is CRAZY.  Why the hell would they even consider hiring a bonafide child batterer?  With charges pending?  These idiots are gonna have problems and get the shit sued out of them when this asshole knocks a kid out for some minor backsassing.  And guess who will foot the bill for the lawsuit.  US.  The good taxpayers who warned about this guy in the first place.

RICHARD DARRINGTON IS A SYSTEMATIC CHILD ABUSER AND SERIAL CHILD BATTERER.  What part is not clear here?
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Battery investigation trails Whittell dean
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 01:09:04 AM »
The Record-Courier
Battery investigation trails Whittell dean
by Scott Neuffer
Friday, September 4, 2009

Darrington

Whittell High School's new dean of students and athletic director is facing criminal charges from his previous job in Georgia, where he operated a private school for troubled teens.

Richard Darrington, 37, was hired this summer to replace Whittell administrator Dan Wold, who transferred to Carson Valley Middle School for the fall.

On Friday, Darrington said the Douglas County School District was aware of two battery charges, a felony and a misdemeanor, leveled against him in Blue Ridge, Ga., where he operated Darrington Academy for five years.

According to the Blue Ridge News Observer, Darrington was arrested in May by Fannin County sheriff's investigators for allegedly slamming a 17-year-old student on the floor, causing a tooth to fall out, and pushing a 16-year-old juvenile into a wall. Darrington paid $6,000 bail and was released from jail. He relocated to Nevada, though the charges are still pending.

"The community has no need to be concerned about this," Darrington said. "They can trust the district and the people who interviewed me. They were aware of the situation and have done their due diligence. They were able to see this as not something that precluded me from a new job as an administrator at Whittell."

Darrington said he was not at liberty to discuss the case.

"I'm sure once it gets into a courtroom, if it ever goes to court, it will play out and be handled well," he said. "I hope I am judged innocent until proven otherwise."

Darrington said he has not been indicted, nor has a hearing been scheduled.

"I'm just waiting, trying to provide for my family and move on," he said. "I have done everything legally and lawfully and have made no attempt to hide anything."

Darrington, who has a master's degree in education administration, grew up in Southern Utah and taught in Las Vegas and Southern California before operating the school in Georgia, which closed in February after police opened an investigation.

Darrington said his legal situation can happen to anyone.

"It's unfortunate it hasn't been resolved yet," he said. "I'm not trying to cause problems, but I feel like I do a good job."

He said he's enjoying his new position at Whittell.

"The kids are great and I love the school; I couldn't ask for a better place to work," he said. "This is a great district, and the people here have done their jobs and have not been flippant or irresponsible in any way. There was something that made them feel like I was the right person for the job."

On Friday, district Human Resources Director Rich Alexander said he couldn't comment on the allegations against Darrington, but explained the hiring process.

He said secondary administrators are first interviewed by principals at the school, in this case Whittell Principal Sue Shannon.

"Principals interview and do the reference checks, then it comes to me for a finalist interview," Alexander said. "We start the process of a salary schedule and submit fingerprints to the state."

Alexander said fingerprint results take a while to return to the district. He said applicants are asked to disclose any criminal convictions on their applications, but not necessarily criminal charges.

"Fingerprints will come back showing any charges pending," Alexander said.

He said applicants are innocent until proven guilty, but are usually asked to explain any charges.

"We'd have to look at the severity of the issues," he said, "if there is any danger to children or issues with children."

Shannon said Friday she couldn't comment on the personnel issue.

# # #
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 06:13:14 PM »
I cant believe this. I was under the misconception that it was hard to get a steady job with ANY type of violent or theft-related record, even if its not a felony. "I couldnt get a job as a cashier at the pottery barn, so I settled for being dean of students at a high school."

Although in certain circumstances, I could see how this conviction could work in his favor, career-wise.

Circus scenario:
oh yeah, well, I do have one spot on my record, but it shouldn't interfere with this job
oh, what was that?
child abuse
you should be fine. we'll make you a clown.

:clown:

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 05:25:20 PM »
His defense is that the moon is made of green cheese, so I am not going to quote it.

Whittell Dean defends himself, reaches out to community, by Scott Neuffer, The Record-courier, September 9, 2009

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 12:09:27 PM »
Quote from: "try another castle"
I cant believe this. I was under the misconception that it was hard to get a steady job with ANY type of violent or theft-related record, even if its not a felony. "I couldnt get a job as a cashier at the pottery barn, so I settled for being dean of students at a high school."

Although in certain circumstances, I could see how this conviction could work in his favor, career-wise.

Circus scenario:
oh yeah, well, I do have one spot on my record, but it shouldn't interfere with this job
oh, what was that?
child abuse
you should be fine. we'll make you a clown.

:clown:
Technically, he isn't "convicted" of anything yet. He was charged with aggravated battery (felony) and simple battery (misdemeanor). Those charges are still pending. The case hasn't gone to court yet.

Another thread, with coverage of his arrest back in May of this year:

Darrington Academy - staffmember charged with assault
    viewtopic.php?f=44&t=27578[/list]

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    Whittell Dean defends himself, reaches out to community
    « Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 12:15:32 PM »
    Quote from: "Oscar"
    His defense is that the moon is made of green cheese, so I am not going to quote it.
    Well... here it is anyway, for posterity's sake:

—•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•—

The Record-Courier
    Whittell Dean defends himself, reaches out to community
    by Scott Neuffer
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Darrington

About 25 parents attended a meeting at Whittell High School on Tuesday to learn more about the school's new dean of students and athletic director Richard Darrington, who is facing battery charges against students from his previous job in Georgia.

"It was mainly an opportunity for parents to hear from him (Darrington), and receive more information regarding the incident," Whittell Principal Sue Shannon said on Wednesday.

Shannon wouldn't comment on the specific allegations against Darrington, but said she's been "extremely pleased with his work so far."

Darrington, 37, was hired this summer to replace Whittell administrator Dan Wold, who transferred to Carson Valley Middle School for the fall. He said the Douglas County School District was aware of two battery charges, a felony and a misdemeanor, leveled against him in Blue Ridge, Ga., where he operated Darrington Academy, a private school for troubled teens, for five years.

Darrington was arrested in May by Fannin County sheriff's investigators for allegedly slamming a 17-year-old student on the floor, causing a tooth to fall out, and pushing a 16-year-old juvenile into a wall. Darrington paid $6,000 bail and was released from jail. He said he has not been indicted, nor has a hearing been scheduled.

"The charges are still pending and will probably go to be presented to the grand jury in November," Appalachian Judicial Circuit Assistant District Attorney Jodi Spiegel said on Wednesday.

In a statement released Saturday, Darrington said he has not been provided a legal forum to challenge the allegations against him.

"In August, 2008, a restraint occurred in which a 17-year-old male student physically threatened my safety and the safety of my staff," he said. "As a result of the events leading up to and following the restraint, the 17-year-old student was arrested and charged as an adult. Subsequently, this student was no longer permitted to attend the school."

Darrington said in February, the weak economy and declining enrollment forced him to layoff some employees of Darrington Academy.

"It is my belief that during this time a former employee — who felt he had been wrongfully dismissed — contacted the former 17-year-old student. The former employee had been involved in the restraint which led to the arrest of the former student. Subsequently, false allegations were made against me that led to the issuance of the warrants."

Darrington said, "it's important to note that at the time the warrants were issued against me in regard to the former 17-year-old student — nine months after the incident — the former student still had warrants pending against him for the same incident.

"Contrary to the allegations against me, I am shown to be a victim of the former student in court filings which document his arrest. If further prosecution of this matter occurs and if this matter reaches a courtroom, I feel that the truth will be told and I will be cleared of these allegations."

Lake parent Greg Felton, who ran against school board president Cindy Trigg last year, said it's unfortunate that Whittell's new administrator was introduced to the community in such a negative way.

"I strongly feel that he (Darrington) will be an asset to our school," Felton said in a phone message. "There's very little backing to these accusations."

# # #

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 06:43:50 PM »
    If you were hurt by this man, contact the school with signed, detailed letters about exactly what he did and when.

Better yet, contact the local PTA.

And if you really want to get serious, quietly contact the students. "Oh, hey? Your new dean? Yeah... he's a child torturer. Here's everything I know he did..."

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 07:58:27 PM »
    Quote from: "Guest"
    If you were hurt by this man, contact the school with signed, detailed letters about exactly what he did and when.

Better yet, contact the local PTA.

And if you really want to get serious, quietly contact the students. "Oh, hey? Your new dean? Yeah... he's a child torturer. Here's everything I know he did..."
    It would appear that Richard Darrington has friends or acquaintances in the area, which possibly factored in how he got the job in the first place. This school district additionally appears to have more than its share of political subterfuge and ill will being spread around, judging from the comments being left for the above two articles.

In addition to being the new Dean of Students, he's also the new Athletic Director:

WHITTELL HIGH SCHOOL
    June 2009

P.O. Box 677
    (240 Warrior Way)
    Zephyr Cove, NV 89448
    Telephone: (775) 588-2446
    Athletic Phone: same
    Athletic Fax: (775) 588-2443
    e-mail: [email protected]

Superintendent: Dr. Carol Lark
    School District: Douglas County
    Principal: Sue Shannon
    Secretary: Leticia Beltran
    Athletic Administrator: Richard Darrington
    Athletic Coordinator: Steve Maltase (ext 237)
    Secretary: Marie Parola (ext 223)

CLASS: 2A North
    MASCOT: Warriors
    COLORS: Red / Gold

NIAA SANCTIONED ATHLETICS

BOYS

CC
    Lindsay Wines
    FB Dave Atherton
    SO Steve Maltase
    TE
    BB
    Larry Tietig
    BL
    SK
    Patrick Kelly
    WR
    BA
    Starbuck Teevan
    GO Steve Maltase
    SW
    TR
    Martin Crawford
    VB

GIRLS

CC
    Lindsey Wines
    GO Ronald Blum
    SO Tony Cormier
    TE
    VB
    Tony Fathergill
    BB Thomas Esposito
    BL
    SK
    Kathleen Kixmiller
    SB Rich Barna
    SW
    TR
    Andrea King

NON-ATHLETIC ACTIVITIES

BAND John Houghton
    CHEER Bernadette Esquivel
    DEBATE Martha Matthews
    DRAMA Cate Cook
    DRILL/DANCE
    MUSIC John Houghton
    NASC ADVISOR
    STUDENT BODY PRESIDENT: Nick Warner

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    Comments #1 for "Battery investigation trails Whittell dean"
    « Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 08:48:20 PM »
    Comments for the first Record-Courier article, Battery investigation trails Whittell dean (Sept. 4, 2009), #s 1-20:

#1TigerFan wrote:
      Cheap labor helps budget. Good Hire
    9/4/2009 6:53:36 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
    itbme wrote:
      Great.
    9/4/2009 11:57:59 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
    GvilleNative wrote:
      Anger management anyone? This is a problem waiting to happen and I guess we'll read it here first.
    9/5/2009 9:16:37 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
    Quickshot wrote:
      I'm all for giving people a second chance after mistakes, but hiring someone charged with 2 cases of battery to be the Dean of Students... thats a little too much for me.
    9/5/2009 10:51:01 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
    Walk Softly wrote:
      Charges that are still pending Quickshot, he hasnt even gone to trial yet. So basically the District put our kids in harms way, by taking this person's word that they didnt do it. Can the public get Carol Lark thrown out of her position? Well Trigg it was nice knowing you!
    9/5/2009 5:40:27 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
    tahoekid wrote:
      and to think the previous dean of students at whittell offered to go back to the school. He did a wonderful job their and was not even considered. Unfortunately he was removed because the district felt it needed a vice principal instead. Then they go back to a Dean of Students....go figure.
    9/6/2009 2:05:53 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
    tahoekid wrote:
      and to think the previous dean of students at whittell offered to go back to the school. He did a wonderful job their and was not even considered. Unfortunately he was removed because the district felt it needed a vice principal instead. Then they go back to a Dean of Students....go figure.
    9/6/2009 2:49:37 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
    calistogal wrote:
      Hey great hire Sue Shannon. I hear Phillip Garrido is innocent until proven guilty too! Would you like to hire him next? This is pathectc. Douglas County School District where are your brains? Oh that's right, you don't have any these days. With all the hard working, upstanding citizen right here in Nevada looking for work these days the only person you could find to hire is a loser from Georgia arrested less than 3 months ago on 2 battery charges against teens. Wait until the first kid tells him "no" and Darrington goes balistic & smashes his face into a wall. LAWSUIT! And this article doesn't even mention Darrington's school in Mexico that was closed down for the same exact reason. Use Google DCSD and maybe you would actaully find out about your BAD HIRES BEFORE YOU HIRE THEM! You know how terrible you have to be to get closed down & kicked out of MEXICO? Oh wait, I guess you wouldn't know or we wouldn't be here right now, would we.
    9/6/2009 4:28:01 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
    GvilleNative wrote:
      He looks like the kid that got beat up all the time in school, maybe he was just getting his revenge. Then he had to leave town before all the mean people beat him up for "no reason!"
    9/6/2009 4:47:13 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
    sassy monkey wrote:
      If DCSD can't do its homework, someone will...

http://antiwwasp.nu-industry.com/school ... ested.html

http://www.wwaspsinfo.net/darringtonacademy.html

Does this man even have a teaching license through the state of NV or did the powers that be just bypass those legalities too? I think someone needs to step up to the plate and answer some questions on this one. What happened to "what's best for the kids?" Richard Darrington has got to be ther furthest thing from that statement! Geez, wake up and smell the coffee people! Maybe Carol Lark is too busy thinking about that big fat raise she is giving herself just a couple days from now. Too busy to worry about endangering our kids! Is there such a thing as impeachment for a Superintendent? Now would be the time to use it!
    9/6/2009 4:48:02 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
    gr8ful wrote:
      Quickshot, I'm all for giving people a second chance, but how about giving the guy a second chance as a WalMart greeter? Something where we aren't putting our children at risk of a person who obviously has anger issues against teens. Making this jerk a Dean of Students and putting him in charge of the same age group of kids that he has TWO COUNTS OF BATTERY against already, one for slamming a kids face into the floor and another for shoving a 16 year old into a wall, is just an accident waiting to happen. That's like hiring an alcoholic to work in a liquor store and telling him not to touch the merchandise. DCSD must be rolling in dough since a lawsuit that will inevitably come from such a irresponsible hire will cost the district hundreds of thousands of dollars. You cannot tell me in this economy there was not a better hire than this criminal. This sounds like more of a power struggle at the top because someone was told NO? Hmmm...
    9/6/2009 5:11:39 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
    tahoekid wrote:
      About time this community wakes up to what the District office is all about. Every parent of a student at Whittell should be at that school Tuesday morning demanding the Dean's removal. Then they should all go to the District office demanding the removal of Lark and Alexander. How far is the community going to let this go. Another lawsuit? Maybe the community should check into all the lawsuits the district is already in!
      Hello, Wakeup!!
    9/6/2009 7:15:10 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
    Texex-Xpress wrote:
      Seems like we can't go two weeks without some sort of a new DCSD scandal.

WHEN did Lark and the "Trustees" know about this?
    9/6/2009 8:16:40 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
    Mindenvoice1 wrote:
      Wow, the following link is a worthwhile read:
    http://www.topix.com/forum/blogs/T3GHEB95N43PIJCG8

It's a forum from a topic called, "Two kids escape from the Darrington Academy". Many claims of abuse, restraint, over-medicating, video cameras in girl's dorm rooms, etc. Mind you this was a "troubled teen" facility, but some of the claims sound very genuine.
    9/7/2009 1:03:55 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
    calistogal wrote:
      http://www.antiwwasp.com/schools/1-wwasp-news/158-richard-darrington-arrested.html
      "the investigation is still in progress and MORE CHARGES are anticipated." WOW! Yet another Darrington endevor http://www.wwaspsinfo.net/casa/casa-by- ... .04.c.html
      And sorry tahoekid, no disrespect, but the parents should walk in Tuesday morning to WHITTELL and demand the removal of their PRINCIPAL! She would have had to know this jerk was a criminal running from his past when she interviewed him. It was HER duty to the parents & students to do background checks to begin with before recommending him as a hire. Any parent up here knows NO ONE tells Sue Shannon NO! Even the head of personnel would not have the power to pull the strings on this one. Shannon would have had to go directly to the TOP to get this guy a teaching license, legally or illegally. THAT is the question parents should be asking...HOW'D THIS CRIMINAL GET A TEACHING LICENSE?
      9/7/2009 9:15:08 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      tahoekid wrote:
        totally agreed calistogal! Anyone knowing about his past and current charges that recommended hiring should be fired! Anything less is a slap in the face to the parents and students of Whittell and to this community as a whole. The question is: will the parents and community unite or let the district once again get away with their incompetence! Douglas County School Board step up and listen to you the people that put you in office for once. Be a voice of the people and not a puppet of the Supt. as usually is the case!
      9/7/2009 11:39:24 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Cactus Buddy wrote:
        Darrington states that "his legal situation can happen to anyone" Um yeah dude...anyone who smashes a 17 year old's face into the ground or slams a 16 year old into a wall while under their authority. Legal situations like the one you're in right now Mr. Darrington don't just happen to upstanding, law abiding citizens or caring, respected teachers who have the best interest of their students in mind. I don't know how they do things back in Georgia or down in Mexico, but we don't do it quite the same way here in Nevada. Maybe you should think about getting out of education and into a field where aggression like yours is warrented. Maybe the WWF is taking applications?
      9/7/2009 12:53:11 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      October111 wrote:
        It is amazing to me that you can come up with "forums" made up of anonymous people making statements like they are "fact." Just because it is on the internet, does not make it true. History has proven many innocent people have been found guilty, later proven innocent. It is not up to us to judge Mr. Darrington without personal knowledge or involvement in the case. There were many people at the District office involved in demoting the position of Asst Principal at Whittell to a Dean/AD position (not just the Superintendent) . The previous Asst Principal did not want to be demoted, therefore interviewed, was offered and accepted the position of Asst Principal at CVMS. Sue Shannon is one of the best Principals Whittell has ever had. She took a totally disfunctional school and helped to make it great. My parents taught me not to judge lest I be judged. Find out the facts people, not gossip, then come to your own conclusions.
      9/7/2009 3:59:24 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      tahoekid wrote:
        October 111: Here are the facts. Darrington is charged with a felony and misdemeanor. Facts are the investigation in Georgia states more charges to come. Facts are he is under investigation. Guess we should hire a child rapist then that is out on bail and not yet been to trial. I know you received a better education than that.
      9/7/2009 4:52:36 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Cactus Buddy wrote:
        So sorry October111, but it is a FACT that Mr. Darrington was arrested this past May, just 3 months ago for the above mentioned allegations. It is FACT that he is charged with TWO COUNTS OF BATTERY on children. It is also FACT that Mr. Darrington's academy in Ensanada, Mexico AND Blue Ridge, Georgia were both shut down by authorities, brought forth by ongoing investigations of abuse, both physical and mental. It is a FACT that Mr. Darrington is out on $6000 bail as we speak. There are websites galore attached below to bring uninformed people like you the FACTS. Obviously you don't know the difference between GOSSIP and FACT. FACT would be if you googled Mr. Darrington as an administrator in Las Vegas, he comes up as a past Athletic Coordinator for Clark County School District. The same school district Carol Lark came from, making me think someone is calling in a favor by hiring Mr. Darrington...but of course, that would just be GOSSIP.
      9/7/2009 7:22:34 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]

° ° °

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
      Comments #2 for "Battery investigation trails Whittell dean"
      « Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 10:04:45 AM »
      Comments for the first Record-Courier article, Battery investigation trails Whittell dean (Sept. 4, 2009), #s 21-40:

Douglas Observer wrote:
        In between gossip and fact, we have children in this district. They come first; guilty or not, we shouldn't buy another state's problem and foist it off on our kids. For that matter, we shouldn't have bought another district's problem.
      9/7/2009 9:14:20 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Mindenvoice1 wrote:
        You're right October111, I just "came up" with that forum..with over 100 posts dated before the Record Courier published this article. You're showing your ignorance if you believe that was fabricated. I think this school district looks for decent people, but when the school year approaches and they have vacancies, they take any old warm body. Lazy, flawed, and unprofessional.
      9/7/2009 9:49:50 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Walk Softly wrote:
        October, so what position do you hold with DCSD and what role did you have in hiring this guy to interact with OUR children? Its pretty obvious you're from that side of things.
      9/7/2009 11:19:53 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      gr8ful wrote:
        Unfortunately Mindenvoice1, reading articles in the RC just in the last several months, Douglas Co School District's hires are not about the kids anymore. In fact, nothing seems to be about the kids anymore. Its all about "what have you done for me lately?" With Cactus Buddy's observation that Mr. Darrington was at some point yet another Clark County SD reject, it leaves me to believe this had nothing to do with taking just any old warm, lazy, flawed and unprofessional body, but just one more 'you scratch my back, I scratch yours" hire, you know a trade on...I don't know, um maybe a 4 day week at WHS? As Douglas Observer states, guilty or not, do we really want to take that chance when the safety of our kids should be first and foremost? And yes, why take on ANOTHER Clark County reject when we already have one? Are you reading these blogs Board Members? How many times are you going to let DCSD down?
      9/8/2009 7:50:39 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      dgoodlife wrote:
        How did Darrington get a teaching license in Nevada with a public record like this? Sounds like someone called in a favor at the Department of Education. Perhaps someone from the RC should pick up the phone and ask someone in Teacher Licensure for a logical explanation. How does someone with a track record of abusing students get a license to teach in this State? Doesn't sound right to me. You can bet some people are covering their tracks as we speak.

Sue Shannon should be removed from her position for potentially endangering students. This was a wreckless decision that could have been avoided if Shannon would have conducted a simple internet search. Everything she needed to know about Darrington was available to her. I'm glad this guy was exposed before any children at Whittell were hurt. This is a disaster and if Sue Shannon has a part in it, you can bet her little buddy Carol Lark is lurking in the shadows.
      9/8/2009 5:59:41 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Texex-Xpress wrote:
        I suppose my suspicious mind is taking over here given the quite close and quite contentious contract renewal fot the Sooper which we just went through.

It seems QUITE clear that all of this was known BEFORE Lark was renewed which makes me wonder: What did Lark know and when did she know it?

How can a criminal background check that comes back positive NOT throw up sirens and flashing lights from the Sooper? What did Lark know and when did she know it?

Would knowing that the DCSD had hired a person who was in the midst of a CRIMINAL PROCEEDING possibly affected the 4-3 vote for Lark's contract renewal? What did Lark know and when did she know it?
      9/8/2009 7:37:08 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      lostnfound wrote:
        Oh my God - Are you serious! I am so tired of the stupid people that are running this district to the gutter. You Board Members should be ashamed of yourselves. Carol Lark has no right to be running this district, Sue Shannon, who seems to have some kind of hold over Carol Lark needs to go. If Sue wants to threatened to quit one more time, I say Good! Go! Don't let the door hit you on the way out! I can't believe you people are so ignorant. Life is hard enough for our young children, and now you have put them furter in danger because you can't seem to do your job. How are our children ever going to survive, when you have idiot slike Sue Shannon and Carol Lark in the mix. I am so glad we have taken our children out of this district. What's next Carol and Sue? Are you going to hire a child molester too? How safe are our children? The world is a scary place indeed, but not as scary as Douglas County School District. God save our children
      9/8/2009 7:44:53 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      calistogal wrote:
        There has got to be some kind of hidden agenda somewhere for someone. Any Principal, Superintendent or School District who would purposely take on such a controversial character must have a hidden agenda. Why? Why when you have so many other people out there looking for work who are upstanding citizens? I mean, had this happened to Darrington a decade ago, yeah maybe, but you're talking about a person who was arrested just 3 SHORT MONTHS AGO! AND his schools were shut down, not once but TWICE! It will be very interesting if the truth ever comes out on this one as to why it was so important to hire this person. Though it will be very sad when the first student gets hurt by this terrible hire and the district finds itself in a very expensive lawsuit.
      9/8/2009 7:57:56 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      TahoeLover wrote:
        Let's play a game and try to guess the identity of October111....It has to be Cindy Trigg, Carol Lark, Sue Shannon, or Richard Darrington. The hire of a potential felon as the new Dean/Ad is absolutely insane; especially given the fact that Ms. Shannon did not hire a qualified and quality candidate from within the district who I know applied. There is no excuse for this, but what will be done? Carol Lark doesn't have a care in the world, because even if she continues to lead as poorly as she has in the past 3 years, nothing will happen in December when they look at her performance again. They will use the expense of a buyout as the new reason she must stay.
      9/8/2009 9:11:06 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      enoughallready wrote:
        Enough all ready - I have watched and listened and even gone to some Board Meetings. Carol Lark is the most ridiculous person I have ever seen. Had I not seen it with my own eyes, I probably wouldn't have believed that we have such an incompetent person holding the highest level of the district. What on earth are you people thinking? It makes me wonder, who is watching and driving our children. Sex offenders? Child molestors? When does this insantity stop? You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Cindy Trigg and Karen Chessell are a joke. Keith Roman obviously had a few too many hits to the head. Randy Green needs to WAKE UP! Thank God we have 3 Board Members that have common sense, unfortunately it's not enough. God help us!
      9/9/2009 6:37:58 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      gr8ful wrote:
        The expense of a buyout. The expense of a mentor. The expense of endless lawsuits. The expense of Lark trying to fire anyone who stands up and speaks against her and all of her abuses of her position. The expense of her giving herself a raise when teahcers are losing their jobs and classified support staff are getting their days cut. Just where does it end? The Board had the opportunity to end this nightmare for DCSD a month ago and chose not to do it when they had the chance. The Board Members will need to take a huge chunk of the responsibility of Richard Darrington and all of the negative publicity the school district is getting these days. And in all of this chaos and negative press...where are the kids? Who is protecting the students of DCSD? The students are at the mercy of all of the bad decisions. It is embarrassing what DCSD has become in 3 short years. As they say...One man's trash is another man's...well in this case, trash.
      9/9/2009 6:55:59 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      #1TigerFan wrote:
        Wake up concerned citizens the head of Human Resources made the hire, Does anyone know his name??
      9/9/2009 7:35:19 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Texex-Xpress wrote:
        Noticeably silent on the matter are our "Trustees" who under the DCSD Bylaws Section 2 "possesses such reasonable and necessary powers....to promote the welfare of school children.."

Section 3c makes the "Trustees" RESPONSIBLE for "The determination of the management, supervisory...positions" Section 3g charges the Trustees with "The direction and arrangement of the administration and staffing the system, including the RIGHT TO HIRE, SUSPEND, DISCHARGE or discipline, or transfer employees." Section 3h states "Trustees" have "The right to relieve employees from duty for lack of performance or any other legitimate reason."

If pending felony and misdemeanor charges are not a "legitimate reason" for measures to be taken here, then what is? But I'm betting you will never see this item on the "Trustees" agenda.

So if you folks are looking for someone to undo this hiring - it is the FULL RESPONSIBILI
      9/9/2009 9:06:47 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      lostnfound wrote:
        OH Please #1 Tiger Fan - Everyone knows that Carol Lark makes the final decision for all Administrators, that is her "Dictatorship" honor. So don't even try to blame HR for this stupid and insane mistake. Didn't you get that he even came from Clark County at one time? How very interesting is that? My guess is Ms. Lark helped to push this guy through. But good try #1Tiger Fan, too bad it didn't work.
      9/9/2009 3:21:58 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Mr Mo wrote:
        #1TigerFan, you read the article, right? Because it says, "Principals interview and do the reference checks." Had Sue Shannon done her due diligence and actually dug into the references and done a Goggle search this guy would have never been hired. It's easy to blame HR but this falls squarely on the shoulders of Sue Shannon. Then her BFF Carol Lark covered up some minor little facts when presenting this guy to the board and voila! this turkey got a job where he can abuse more kids. Everyone likes making HR the scapegoat because it's such an easy and convenient out. Not this time, Tiger. You're way off base.
      9/9/2009 8:03:18 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      sassy monkey wrote:
        Anybody who knows anything about the District Office and the way its run these days would have to know that HR, the CFO nor Ed Services has any say, input, opinions or control of anything anymore. Its a one (wo)man show down there. There is no I in team because there is no team. Its her way or the highway. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole district office support staff, HR Adminstrator and CFO are all at the bottom of Lake Tahoe in lead boots, especially if Lark or Shannon has anything to do with it.
        #1TigerFan, I gotta agree with the last two folks, this goes way, WAY beyond the reaches of HR. It is all about power and not allowing anyone else to have it. The district office is a dysfunctional disaster just waiting to happen. That poor soul who has to mentor Lark has a HUGE task on his hands. Though that is probably just another dog and pony show for the folks too. Smoke and mirrors all for show. Pathetic I must say.
      9/9/2009 8:59:45 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      gr8ful wrote:
        Good try #TigerFan, but nobody is falling for your half baked shot at trying to divert attention away from the true issues here. The Superintendent and the Board of Trustees are the only folks who have the power of yea or ney and obviously from the blogs on here, they made a very, very bad decision and now must take the responsibility for their terrible decision. Our kids and their safety should come first and if this guy is the next best thing since sliced bread, like Sue Shannon would lead us to believe, he would have been worth the wait AFTER all of his personal issues were resolved. He was not just arrested, his schools (Mexico AND Georgia) were both SHUT DOWN, which to me is a sign of deeper things to come.
      9/9/2009 9:20:23 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Texex-Xpress wrote:
        I've done a little investigating on my own here into the "Darrington Academy" where all this took place. It was a franchise of the "Worldwide Association of Specialty Programs and Schools" (WWASPS), and, "Teens" which have been investigated for abuse before
      http://www.isaccorp.org/darringtonacademy.asp. Apparently this organization comes out of Utah where Darrington was raised. One WWASPS franchisee said the following: "sexual activity between staff members and students is nor necessarily 'sexual abuse'". WWASP also offered "escort services" which physically removed children from their homes and placed them in [WWASP?] schools.

Prior to his own academy, Darrington worked at Casa by the Sea in Ensenada, MX. This "school", also operated by WWASP, was closed by Mexican child protective authorities in 2004 for "abuse of American children" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casa_by_the_Sea.

Need I go on here about Darrington'
      9/10/2009 9:11:50 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      greenliving wrote:
        I would suggest someone from the District Office contact Investigator Diane Davis at the Fannin County Sheriff's office in Georgia. It is best to get information from a souce other than Darrington of the possibility of more charges pending and an explantion of the charges already filed.
      9/10/2009 9:48:59 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Texex-Xpress wrote:
        Cont'd
        Darrington has had a long association with a Mr. Dace Goulding who owned the facilities where the GA facility operated. Goulding was also the Director where Darrinton worked in Mexico that was shut down in 2004.

Prior to 2004, Goulding also owned and operated the Bell Academy in CA. I can't say with certainty that Darrinton worked here but he does disclose he worked in CA. Bell was shut down in 2003 by the State of CA for operating without a license and apparently went right across the border with their 'students' and started Casa by the Sea.

Horizon Academy which was/is in Las Vegas is also known as a WWASPS franchisee but it is a "lockdown" facility. Mr. Jade Robinson is the Director there and was also the Administrator for Bell Academy and Casa by the Sea.

Perhaps if the DCSD gives Mr. Darrington another news conference somebody could ask him more about his long past association with WWASPS.
      9/10/2009 10:08:17 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]

° ° °

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
      Comments #3 for "Battery investigation trails Whittell dean"
      « Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 06:25:33 PM »
      Comments for the first Record-Courier article, Battery investigation trails Whittell dean (Sept. 4, 2009), #s 41-60:

Texex-Xpress wrote:
        Cont'd
        From
      http://www.wwaspsinfo.net/darringtonacademy.html
      Director Dusky Goulding is only 23 years old. His brother Dace Goulding also has some authority over the facility. Dace Goulding was previously the director of Casa by the Sea and the "education coordinator" at Paradise Cove. Dace Goulding is currently the President of the Ellijay, Georgia Mormon Church. Darrington Academy recently accepted at least 19 children from Eagle Point Christian Academy, a WWASPS facility in Mississippi.

2004: Darrington Academy opened in what used to be the Fannin Inn Motel. The DCSD hired someone from a failed "Academy" that was operating out of a MOTEL?!?

Something is very, VERY wrong here with the way the DCSD is doing its hiring, investigation of applicants, and REVIEW before a contract is extended. Where were the "TRUSTEES" on this?

I guess I forgot. They were busy insuring Lark had a contract extension and retroactive raise.
      9/10/2009 10:55:34 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      HomeGrown80 wrote:
        And yet again, nothing appropriate will be done. If this were to even become an agenda item, the Board of Trustee's that are in Lark's back pocket will not step up and decide in the "best interests of the sutdents" and the legitimate Board members who are actually fighting to make a difference won't have majority. Lark will be given more free reign to run the District as she sees fit under the guise of "what's best for the students". The District is so backwards now that even with the attention this is now getting, Lark and her cronies will be able to sweep this under the rug easily - especially with support of parents from WHS. Shocking and incredibly horrifying. No parent should ever have to be concerned that a child abuser is working at their child's school! This has nothing to do with the Human Resources Department and everything to do with an out-of-control Superintendent.
      9/10/2009 4:06:01 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      gossiphater wrote:
        Everyone on here is being completely ridiculous! You are making quick judgments without knowing any of the facts. Since when has googling someone's name been considered a reliable source of information? How often has the media published stories without know the facts themselves? Come on, you should have learned how to get factual information when you were in high school, but nothing any of you are putting forth contains facts! Don't judge and gossip without having facts, it just makes you look stupid!

And as far as who does the hiring in the district, Rich Alexander head of human resources is responsible for the hiring process for the school district. You do not even have your facts straight about that.

Quit spreading lies and making yourselves look stupid. Know the facts, don't report fiction!
      9/10/2009 4:41:04 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Texex-Xpress wrote:
        Mr. Self-appointed Censor "gossiphater", everything I have stated has been COMPLETELY documented from MULTIPLE sources.

Why don't we have another news conference with Mr. Darrington and ask HIM about his long association with WWASPS - a cult group which has a LONG history of physical and sexual abuse of teens in the "care"?

As far as hiring in this district goes it is the "Trustees" who are ultimately respinsible here. Or have you forgotten the meaning of the word "Trustee"?
      9/10/2009 5:59:49 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      calistogal wrote:
        Wow gossiphater you must have been one of the 25 supposed parents who showed up at the top secret, meet & greet put on by Lark/Shannon to introduce Darrington to the community & defend his honor. Is this the reason Lark/Shannon made it on a board night, so they could blame someone else for this terrible hire who could not be there to defend themself? Always a scapegoat. Perfect plan to make sure no one could be there from the district office, not even their own Board Members. I'm sure everything you heard from Shannon/Darrington were FACT. Yea, right. If you google Darrington & a story came up about space aliens carrying him away to space, that is gossip. If you google Darrington & a newspaper article came up from the Fanin Co GA crime blotter about his arrest just 3 months ago, that is FACT. Are you saying if you googled Phillip Gorrido & a story came up about Jaycee's abduction, that would be GOSSIP? Now who's being stupid?
      9/10/2009 6:32:03 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Cactus Buddy wrote:
        Thank you Texex for all of your FACTUAL information a couple blogs down. I posted that same FACTUAL information on the Tahoe Daily Trib, but of course I got blocked because the Lake folks don't like the truth when it doesn't fit into their perfect little world. They would rather protect a principal who made a very bad decision most likely insisted upon by Lark because he was one of her personal Clark Co buds and have a criminal hanging around their kids all day than to actually admit they might be wrong!

And gossiphater, if you hate gossip, why don't you find out the facts for yourself. Go down to the administrative offices, have Mr. Alexander and Lark in the same room with a couple of Board Members and ask who had the last say on this hire. Of course Mr. Alexander would probably accept the blame to defend his superintendent because that's the kind of honorable man he is, even though we all know where the blame lies with this one.
      9/10/2009 6:49:08 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      gossiphater wrote:
        You cannot take everything in the news at face value. They often do not have all of the facts and do not have much of the information. If you want facts about the incident find some of the witnesses who were in the academy at the time and talk to them, then you will get all the info that seems to have been left out of the press. The press can be an unreliable source or often lack much of the major details.

Before the administration hire goes to the Board of Trustees it still goes through human resources first which means they have to give their recommendation to hire before it goes before the board.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." --Thomas Jefferson to John Norvell.
      9/10/2009 6:59:49 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Mr Mo wrote:
        There has always got to be a "holier than thou" and gossiphater is it. Funny how gossiphater preaches to us not to judge but judges us by calling the discussion gossip. Here, we have a serious issue concerning our children, we research and discuss our FACTS then someone from the gossip squad pipes in without having done any research whatsoever. This is a serious issue regarding the safety of our children. If you think it's gossip then simply turn away and dismiss it as such. You can blog about puppies and sunshine in the Living section.
      9/10/2009 7:00:58 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Texex-Xpress wrote:
        Hmm...could we possibly be conversing here with Mr. Darrington himself in the guise of "gossiphater"?

Cont'd
        The DCSD and Darrington have only told the public HALF of what is going on in GA. The other half is that there is a "a joint investigation of certain activities at the school is under way by the Fannin County Department of Family and Children Services, the Fannin County Sheriffs Department and state regulatory officials." This is the link if gossiphater wants to contest it
      http://www.thenewsobserver.com/articles ... news02.prt

Today I wrote Fannin County FCS to find out the current status of that investigation and I will post here what I have learned when I learn it.

What I am also NOT hearing from gossiphater is a denial that Darrington was employed by and associated with WWASPS for many, many years in their Auschwitz-style homes for teens - many who died while in their custody.

Comment gossiphater?
      9/10/2009 7:44:47 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      sassy monkey wrote:
        gossiphater, would those be the same witnesses that were spread across numerous statelines into other WAASPS run academies in order to keep them from talking to authorities about the corruption and abuse that was taking place at Darrington Academy? The Academy that was run out of a MOTEL?

Obviously you have never worked under a DICTATORSHIP where pawns are used to do their dirty work for them so when the dictator and her regime end up with blood on their hands they have someone to use as their sacraficial lamb when the axe comes down. Do you truly believe that if the director of HR told Lark he had concerns and did not recommend this horrible hire, that she would even consider his opinion for one split second? Boy, you really do need to get your facts straight because you live in a fantasy world.
      9/10/2009 8:54:39 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Texex-Xpress wrote:
        It has been reported that Mr. Darrington was PHYSICALLY ESCORTED off school property on Sep 2 - two days BEFORE this story broke. Comment on who called for this, gossiphater?

And I have also learned that Mr. Darrington showed up WITHOUT a valid NV or OTHER teaching license. But through the persistence of Ms. Shannon he was hired with a rushed through SUBSTITUTE's licence which he still operates under. Comment on this, gossiphater?

I would also CHALLENGE Darrington to come on here and CERTIFY if he has ever been an employee of the Clark County NV School District and the periods claimed to have been employed there. If he had, in fact, been a CC employee as claimed - why is he now operating under a SUBSTITUTE's license.

And I also understand that Mr. Darrington was hired when there was another DCSD in-house, MORE QUALIFIED applicant for the position. Comment on this gossiphater?
      9/10/2009 9:15:52 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      calistogal wrote:
        Why don't you put your fact finding skills where your mouth is gossiphater and offer up some facts to debunk what is posted below. Find us gossip mongers "the facts" and post them so we have something to make us doubt what is posted here. If one can go out on the internet and find what you consider "gossip" why don't you go out to the same internet and find us the "other side of the story" you know, the FACTS? I don't know what year you graduated from high school, but I was taught in high school to do all of my fact finding right out there on the same internet all these folks are getting their information from and I graduated with honors.

Mr. Neuffer, how does it make you feel to know gossiphater thinks reporters print nothing but lies. I've been reading the RC for almost 20 years now and I have nothing but the highest respect for your paper and the hard work put in to bringing the public factual information everytime.
      9/10/2009 9:23:10 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      gr8ful wrote:
        I can answer all of your questions Texex-Xpress with just two words; Lark & Shannon. Partners in crime and the down fall of the once great Douglas County School District.
      9/10/2009 9:32:55 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Texex-Xpress wrote:
        Umm...gr8ful, I think you are overlooking the MOST responsible person here for Lark's CONTINUED dominance on the DCSD: "President" (as she likes to call hrself while campaigning for CONGRESS
      [LOL!]) Trigg.

Without Trigg, would Lark be going out the door instead of a contract renewal and a retroactive pay raise?

Without Trigg would we have the 24/7/365 drug testing policy that DISCRIMINATES against kids in extracurricular activities and favors those others who don't give their all for their school?

Without Trigg would the DCSD have had the EXPENSE and embarassment of an investigation by the Nevada Attorney General for violating the Open Meetings Act?

Which DCSD "Trustee" lives in Shannon's district?

Get rid of Trigg and you'll solve a whole slew of DCSD's PRESENT and FUTURE problems. I promise you that much. Connect ALL the dots here, gr8ful, and see what you get...
      9/10/2009 10:19:28 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      gr8ful wrote:
        The 3 Stooges? Oh wait, wrong answer...I meant to say Trigg. Sorry, I must have been alseep at the switch! And to think Trigg gave up her run for Congress so she could spend more time with Lark & Shannon and dedicate her time to doing "what's best for the kids!" The kids at Whittell that is. What a self-less, dedicated Board Member. The school district is so lucky to have such a dedicated President. Now I'm really LOL!
      9/10/2009 10:36:00 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      #1TigerFan wrote:
        Alexander failed in his hiring duties. Other candidates should of been sourced and presented to the interviewers. In our economy I believe there were better applicants. I mean, why him?

OK - Now back to politics
      9/11/2009 8:51:40 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      greenliving wrote:
        According to the DCSD website, their home page states they are having a special meeting 9/16 and 9/23 to discuss facility needs in relation to educational needs. The first meeting is at Douglas High the second is at Whittell High. They are asking that citizens present themselves for comments. This may not be the proper forum to address our concerns, but it is their next announced meeting for the public.
      9/11/2009 9:04:08 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Texex-Xpress wrote:
        Darrington now has his very own action alert which hopefully will bring out some of his former "students" to discuss him and his defunct "Academy". The link is
      http://www.heal-online.org/teen.htm#action so watch it for new posts to start coming in.

The names and email addresses of the DCSD "Trustees" has also been provided so they might become educated all about the WWASPS which Darrington has a long history with by direct contact with people who know Darrington, his "Academy", and WWASPS quite well. Perhaps ONE of them will take some steps for a complete investigation on this matter.

If you wish to get ahead on the education process about Darrington and his Darrinton Academy there is a long list of items to read here: http://www.heal-online.org/search.htm?c ... ington#912 This stuff is written by persons who know Darrington first hand. But be prepared for some shockers
      9/11/2009 7:22:26 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Texex-Xpress wrote:
        Cont'd
        Proverb: "Know a man by the company he keeps."

In one of the earlier posts, I linked Darrinton with a Mr. Dace Goulding who has a long history with WWASPS. In this rambling letter written by Darrington, he completely admits he was in partnership with Goulding in the Darrington Academy: "..we felt it would serve our school better if I was the sole owner and he remained a SILENT PARTNER.."
      http://www.antiwwasp.com/forum/darringt ... ngton.html [2nd paragraph right after the wierd phrase "anti-anything-to-do-with-telling-a-child-no..."]. Goulding's position at Darrington Academy was "Operations Manager" but he also owned the buildings and land where are now for sale for $2.4 million.

Before that Goulding was the owner of Casa by the Sea in Ensenada, Mexico, which was closed down by the Mexican authorities in Sep 04. Darrington Academy was opened by Darrington and Goulding just months later.
      9/12/2009 10:07:02 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Texex-Xpress wrote:
        Cont'd
        Before that Goulding was partners in Bell Academy, Porterville, CA, which was closed down by the California Department of Social Services in 2003 and moved to Ensenada, Mexico. When Ensenada was closed, Goulding and Darrinton opened the Darrington Academy.

We now know this much: Darrington has been a close friend and BUSINESS PARTNER with the infamous Goulding since at least 2002. What we DON'T know is how much Darrington was associated with Casa by the Sea and/or Bell Academy before that.

Somewhere in these comments it has been suggested that Darrinton worked for the Clark County School District. If anyone has any concrete proof of this, I'd like to see it.
      9/12/2009 11:07:12 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Texex-Xpress wrote:
        Cont'd
        Before that Goulding was partners in Bell Academy, Porterville, CA, which was closed down by the California Department of Social Services in 2003 and moved to Ensenada, Mexico. When Ensenada was closed, Goulding and Darrinton opened the Darrington Academy.

We now know this much: Darrington has been a close friend and BUSINESS PARTNER with the infamous Goulding since at least 2002. What we DON'T know is how much Darrington was associated with Casa by the Sea and/or Bell Academy before that.

Somewhere in these comments it has been suggested that Darrinton worked for the Clark County School District. If anyone has any concrete proof of this, I'd like to see it.
      9/12/2009 11:07:12 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]

° ° °

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
        • View Profile
      « Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 12:40:39 AM »
      The natives seem mighty restless in that neck of the woods and rightly so.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
      Comments #4 for "Battery investigation trails Whittell dean"
      « Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 12:45:54 PM »
      Quote from: "Che Gookin"
      The natives seem mighty restless in that neck of the woods and rightly so.
      Yep! Things are sure heating up in Clark County, Nevada! A few of the Record-Courier posters are born investigators, and they're hot hot hot on Darrington's trail!  :D

—•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•—

Comments for the first Record-Courier article, Battery investigation trails Whittell dean (Sept. 4, 2009), #s 61-80:

Cactus Buddy wrote:
        Texex, if one was to have googled "Richard Darrington, Athletic Administrator, Clark Co School District" less than one week ago, did it myself, saw it with my own eyes, printed it out & showed another person, Mr. Darrington came up as the Athletic Administrator for Austin High School, Clark Co School District, Las Vegas, NV. Evidently, maybe with all the bad publicity lately, Clark Co School District had it removed, updated or whatever they do to get rid of the information, because I just tried to google it again to give you the link & now the link comes up as Austin High School, but with all of Whittel High School's information including the name of the Athletic Secretary & Athletic Coordinator listing a teacher at WHS. Richard Darrington is listed as the Athletic Administrator. See for yourself. Goggle "Richard Darrington, Athletic Administrator" nothing more and scroll about 10 links down. These people must have mafia connections!
      9/12/2009 2:51:48 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Texex-Xpress wrote:
        Cactus Buddy, I don't know what to say to this except googled stuff can only be taken down by google - not the public. I've tried to google up Lark there and have just about come up empty there also. I don't doubt your word but I did a search for "Austin" in the CCSD and came up empty
      http://ccsd.net/ There is an Austin High School in Lander co, though.

Can you recall the APPROXIMATE years he might have claimed to have been in Clark County? I know Lark was there from ca. 1989 until we got her in '06. It's"funny" (but not ha!ha! funny) how we can hardly go two weeks here without her in the news here but almost NO trace of her in CC news.

Btw, somebody needs to inform DCSD Trustees Tom Moore, Karen Chessell, and Sharla Hales they have an IMPORTANT message in their DCSD email inbox.

Btw II, there is starting to be some activity on the Darrington Academy blog which is written by people who were actualy there. http://www.antiwwasp
      9/12/2009 4:54:51 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Texex-Xpress wrote:
        Cont'd RICHARD DARRINGTON WAS PRINCIPAL AT CASA BY THE SEA IN ENSENADA, MEXICO.

I've spent the last few days putting out " feelers" for people who actually knew Darrington before Darrington Academy took over an old GA motel. A few minutes ago I received an email from a Raymond Portillos Leon who was a prisoner, er.... "student" at "Casa by the Sea". In that email Ray (as he signed his email) confirmed that his (worthless) "diploma from Casa by the Sea was signed by no less than RICHARD DARRINGTON.

I've also learned from a source which says that Darrington lived in a house constructed on land behind Darrington Academy owned by Dace Goulding. The source also said that when Darrington left GA, he defaulted on the note to Goulding for the house and land. I suppose someone can check this in Fannin County but at the present I am tied up talking to some former "students" of Darrington Academy.

What ever happened gossiphater person?
      9/12/2009 6:33:22 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Cactus Buddy wrote:
        Tex if you really want to laugh, go to dcsd.k12.nv.us & look where the board minutes for the August 11th board meeting is posted. For the first time in the 52 year DCSD history there are two, yes two versions of the official Board Minutes for the same meeting. One version which is the REAL VERSION which honest folks REFUSED to change & the other version which LARK CLAIMS SHE SAID THOUGH NO ONE ELSE HEARD IT except Lark's probationary Ed Svcs Asst Supt & Lark's BBF CIndy Trigg. Imagine that...the only two people in a room of how many who didn't hear it, including the other 6 Board Members, except Lark who insists she said it & Trigg & Ed Svcs Asst Supt. who both claim they heard it. You WILL say you heard it or OFF WITH YOUR HEAD! How bizarre has DSCD become. Is there a Trustee out there or Lark's own personal mentor, who refuses to see the truth here? The DCSD has become a laughing stock. When will this comedy show ever end?
      9/12/2009 6:52:49 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      calistogal wrote:
        Hey Tex here ya go...
      http://ccsd.net/news/publications/insid ... 04Fall.pdf

On the bottom of the third page in the article "Learning Proper Etiquette" is not only a mug shot we all recognize but she has a couple of quotes in there too. Granted its from the Fall of 2003, but maybe Clark Co learned their lesson a LOT more quickly than DCSD. Once she opened her mouth a few times they sent her off to some far reaches of no man's land, never to be heard from again until they could pawn her off on some other suckers...fast forward to 2006. Little did we know what dark days were in store for DCSD...
      9/12/2009 7:07:27 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      tahoekid wrote:
        Hey Tex check this out, this is becoming unreal.
        Here's one of the 88 comments on
      http://www.myspace.com/dasurvivors (you have to click on "View All" at the bottom of the home page to access the comments only section):

"Mar 3, 2009 7:41 AM
      Hi Everyone! Glad you are no longer in a WWASP facility and have an opportunity to speak out... My step daughter was at Darrington against our will... See my husband Cory is not Jess's biological father so we were unable to remove her from the program... Long story short... the 9 months she was in the program sickened and disgusted us... My mission is to un silence the behavior going around in these so called "Schools". I find MOVIE NIGHTS at Richard Darrington's house inappropriate, It sickens me that students were threatened to be sent to TB on a daily basis, Its disgusting to have to vomit in your own mouth, then swallow it to avoid consequences, It astounds me that during fear factor games students are lead to believe they ar
      9/12/2009 7:14:00 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      sassy monkey wrote:
        Maybe gossiphater can verify that for you Tex? Seems like he might have some time on his hands coming up soon....also, can anyone out there verify there is a LEGAL teaching license obtained yet? Still haven't seen an article verifying that the man is up there teaching, for lack of a better word, with a LEGAL teaching license. And I don't mean one downloaded from an internet cartoon site signed by Carol Lark or Sue Shannon.
      9/12/2009 7:18:43 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      tahoekid wrote:
        are lead to believe they are eating dog (who knows maybe they were), It XXXX me off that students are told they have no civil rights or freedom of speach, where in America does that happen. I find it disturbing that physical man handling took place to
        get students to comply. Richard Darrington does not have the right to force a girl to her stomach face down with his knee in her back to get her to remove her tongue ring. There are many programs out there that can help people, that are not based on fear, silence and physical violence.... I wish you all a healthy productive life... Posting what happened to you or what you witnessed will lead for more programs to close there doors. WWASP is not a small organization. If you would like your story shared (your name can be annoynomous) you can email me
      http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/mexi ... 1raid.html

However, Casa by the Sea was not the worst of the WWASPS gulags operating in Mexico. That distinction goes to one called "High Impact" which is just as the name implies. This was a place for the worst of the worst - but we're still talking about TEENS here - not career hardened criminals. For an account of a person who was ACTUALLY there I'll give you this link: http://www.antiwwasp.com/schools/1-wwas ... ealed.html

I just have to wonder if Darrington, as Principal of Casa by the Sea, sent kids here... TEENage kids....
      9/13/2009 9:09:10 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Texex-Xpress wrote:
        Gr8ful, my mistake then. They all look and act alike as far as I'm concerned and I doubt ANY of 'em have the guts to do anything about this. If the press is around they all say how much they are concerned about our kids (and grandkids) safety, welfare, blahblahblah but when it comes down to a real fight, they go AWOL.

Which is probably going to leave this up to Scott Neuffer or Kurt Hildebrand to continue by building on what has been said here.

Both cowardice and courage are infectious..... I can only go so far and then it's up to parents and citizens to "Speak up or forever hold your piece
      [sic]" on this matter.
      9/13/2009 9:29:00 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Texex-Xpress wrote:
        The sickening thing is - we lost the person that had the position because of lack of money. I just have to wonder if all the legal fees the DCSD is paying for Trigg's
      [alleged] violation of the Open Meetings Act could have saved this vacancy....

Alleged or not since the RC has not updated the readers on this - the DCSD is still out some SIGNIFICANT funds to address and defend Trigg's actions. Funds that could have been used to benefit the kids and possibly prevent the Darrington situation.

Where's my barf bag?
      9/13/2009 10:46:10 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Texex-Xpress wrote:
        RED ALERT!

I am now in possession of a person's graduation diploma from Casa by the Sea, Ensenada, Mexico, dated May 21, 2004, and signed by none other than "RICHARD DARRINGTON, PRINCIPAL".

The whole of Carson Valley owes this person an INCREDIBLE debt of gratitude for his courage to come forth with this document after great suffering in this private hell for many years.

This empirically and UNDENIABLY places Darrington as the HEAD of one of the most infamous and abusive places of involuntary teen imprisonment EVER known in the Northern Hemisphere.

If the RC would like to see this document and continue this story on Darrington and his now documented past with WWASPS, you know how to contact me.

Quod erat demonstratum.
      9/13/2009 5:17:13 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Cactus Buddy wrote:
        I wonder what gossiphater has to say now??

Good work Texex. It will be interesting to see what Lark & the Trustees do about this now that you have concrete evidence in your hands. Let's see if you get a response back from any of the the Trustees who were sent the emails. Time is ticking...
      9/13/2009 7:24:37 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      tahoekid wrote:
        Are you kidding me Cactus Buddy. The DCSD trustees as well as Clark, Alexander and all the other monkeys in the DO are not going to respond or admit to anything. The whole group is of the mafia mentality of holding grudges and taking it out on any employees who have the guts and morals to stand up to them when they are outrightly wrong. This whole situation has become a joke and sadly enough at the expense of what used to be a great school district. Since this story broke I have had numerous teachers explain to me their personal situations of being harassed and bullied by the group. It takes a great person to admit when they are wrong......you won't find anyone of those in this group.
      9/13/2009 8:30:30 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      tahoekid wrote:
        You can check the license of any teacher in Nevada by going to:
      http://nvteachersearch.doe.nv.gov/ The site was down this evening, so I couldn't check for sure.
      9/13/2009 9:23:12 PM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      greenliving wrote:
        I checked the site for NV licenses as stated below. There is no Richard Darrington, but there is a Rick Darrington. The site says that he is still employed by Clark County. I would think that he would have to use his legal name on this document. Here is the link.
      http://nvteachersearch.doe.nv.gov/Teach ... sults.aspx
      9/14/2009 6:08:37 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Texex-Xpress wrote:
        I have received a LONG letter from a teen girl who was in Darrington Academy and will post just some of it below so you may know the conditions there under headmaster Darrington:

"The awful sights and stories I witnessed and heard were horrendus. Is it right for a director to choke and take control of a teen who refuse to greet him? Is it right to be manhandled for stepping out of line for a little bit of freedom? Is it right to have to sit in your own feces because a staff refuses to let you use the bathroom? Is it right to have to spend days in a small dingy room writing the stupid rule book 10 times for looking at a person as your fingers blister from the cheap pens provided? and then refused medical attention? Is it right to be mocked and made fun of by staff members as a result of there low lifestyles and didn't know how else to express it, so they take it out on the under priviledged ones?"

cont'd above
      9/14/2009 7:43:34 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]
      Texex-Xpress wrote:
        Cont'd from below

I had to sit in that dingy room for days writing from the rule book until my fingers turned blue. I was told that I couldnt use the bathroom and had to sit with my pants drenched in blood from my period. I vomitted in my mouth from eating lasanga and alfredo, and yet was told to finish my food. I was bitched at from a bi-polar [deleted] who took her daily problems out on me. I was forced to smile and pretend I was happy for pictures sent to my family. I couldnt feel my body after orientation. My knuckles were bleeding and my hands were swollen after discovery. I had to sleep with ice on my wrist after focus and my head my hurting so bad I was going to lose it after it. I was degraded by staff member and facilitators. I was forced to share my deepest secrets or I couldnt go home. and yet this is considered minor.
      9/14/2009 7:46:46 AM on recordcourier.com[/list]

° ° °

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
      « Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 01:03:41 PM »
      I am embarrased to say it, but Richard Darrington fucked me in the ass, and is one sick bastard.