Author Topic: Family Guy episode  (Read 883 times)

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
Family Guy episode
« on: August 19, 2009, 01:01:04 PM »
I saw a Family Guy episode yesterday that had a direct reference to Straight inc in it. The episode is called "Family Gay" and came out in 2009. Peter submits to a round of medical experiments for money. He is turned gay by one of the experiments. Brian (the dog) has Peter committed to "Straight Camp" to teach him not to be gay. In the next scene it shows a scene in the group. Lines of kids in chairs, hands on knees, wide eyed and staring straight ahead. It was incredible! Both my wife and I sat there stunned. We both knew that whoever wrote that part of the show was either in Straight or knew someone who was. My wife fortunately was never there but knew a direct reference to Straight when she saw it from hearing my descriptions of what it was like. I was wondering if anybody else has seen this episode and what their reaction was to it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Re: Family Guy episode
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 06:03:14 PM »
Pulled from Hulu already.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 07:59:36 PM »
Wow, does this mean we're all gonna be famous??? :rofl: ::puke::

I didn't see the episode, but isn't it possible that they were just ripping on some other program that openly markets itself as being a place that can "fix" your gay kid? Was there any telling iconography, like the 'direction for youth' Straight heart logo or anything?

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 08:24:17 PM »
Quote from: "shaggys"
I saw a Family Guy episode yesterday that had a direct reference to Straight inc in it. The episode is called "Family Gay" and came out in 2009. Peter submits to a round of medical experiments for money. He is turned gay by one of the experiments. Brian (the dog) has Peter committed to "Straight Camp" to teach him not to be gay. In the next scene it shows a scene in the group. Lines of kids in chairs, hands on knees, wide eyed and staring straight ahead. It was incredible! Both my wife and I sat there stunned. We both knew that whoever wrote that part of the show was either in Straight or knew someone who was. My wife fortunately was never there but knew a direct reference to Straight when she saw it from hearing my descriptions of what it was like. I was wondering if anybody else has seen this episode and what their reaction was to it.
That could be because the fix-a-fag camps use Straight Inc tactics.  There are a few threads on fornits about that.  Same language too.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 09:15:01 AM »
Found a link to Love in Action's program outline.  Check it out.  I'm sure you'll notice the similarities are more than skin deep.

http://www.truthwinsout.org/blog/2008/05/627/
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)