Author Topic: John Reuben's Garbage Depot  (Read 19262 times)

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Re: John Reuben's Garbage Depot
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2009, 03:42:42 PM »
And there you have it.

John you didn't "get it done" by any means, Ginger, and then later Psy did it for you.

Here look, here's you:

Bull, It was easy enough to do mine!
Ask Psy then:
1) Run a query which lists all the ips which are attached to the user name RobertBruce.
2) Those ips will identify all the posts which belong to Bruce.

Odd how you got so upset about this. Here was Ginger's response to you:

No, it was easy back then with the old software. Things are much more complicated now. I can easily identify posts made from the same IP address. Reasigning authorship is another matter.

In addition to that Psy had this to say:

Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:05 am

Let me be clear. I have better things to do than to link up anybody's posts. Doing such would be a courtesy and I'm not feeling particularly courteous at the moment. Ask Ginger if she'll bother, but my feeling is the answer is going to be no.

So then again the question remains. What is your basis for claiming I'm running away from something that according to your own standards I've been proactive about?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2009, 04:00:14 PM »
Look, I know you are frustrated.  I was a little myself when I was getting my posts strung together.  I had some posts which were not mine attached to my user name and we had to go back and do it again.  The second time I had it done I had a crowd of people yelling that I had 10,000 guest posts and claimed I was posting as all sorts of people and had 10-15 different user names.... Ha,Ha,Ha... It took about a month or so, if I remember correctly, to get it done.
It turned out I averaged less than 3 posts per week as a guest and the torches went out and everyone went home disappointed that there was no lynching.  I only accumulated 270 guest posts in 2 years (or something in that area).

Just hang in there and keep trying.  When you get your posts strung together we can move forward.  You are not very easy on people so you cant expect others to treat you with kid gloves.  "What goes around comes around" as they say.... remember you were the one that brought the word "coward" (sting!!!) into all of this not I.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2009, 04:21:25 PM »
Of course I did, you're the coward here who's afraid of a couple of questions. Why wouldnt I call you a coward? I know it "stings" to hear that, but it's time you faced facts about yourself.

Or don't. Like I said I enjoy keeping you locked in this holding pattern, it doesnt frustrate me at all. Again I'm winning the argument remember? Besides doing this prevents you from disrupting too many other threads, and anyone with a 1st grade level of reading comprehension can see this, and see how scared you are. Either way you lose that credibility you're so obsessed with.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2009, 04:36:27 PM »
Quote from: "RobertBruce"
Of course I did, you're the coward here who's afraid of a couple of questions. Why wouldnt I call you a coward? I know it "stings" to hear that, but it's time you faced facts about yourself.

Or don't. Like I said I enjoy keeping you locked in this holding pattern, it doesnt frustrate me at all. Again I'm winning the argument remember? Besides doing this prevents you from disrupting too many other threads, and anyone with a 1st grade level of reading comprehension can see this, and see how scared you are. Either way you lose that credibility you're so obsessed with.

You are right about one thing.  You have the control on whether we move forward or not.  When your posts are done I will be more than willing to answer your questions and we can move forward.  Until then you can sit and toss your insults around and kick your feet, doesnt bother me and is more a reflection on yourself.

I am very patient as you will see and will not rush you.... take your time, Bruce.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2009, 05:17:33 PM »
:roflmao:

Anything to avoid a couple of easy questions huh John? Like I said everyone else here can read, and no one is on your side. Watch this:

John, what would you say if the posts, depsite my best efforts, couldn't be linked?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2009, 05:50:08 PM »
:roflmao:

Anything to avoid a couple of easy questions huh John? Like I said everyone else here can read, and no one is on your side. Watch this:

John, what would you say if the posts, depsite my best efforts, couldn't be linked?

We would be here a long time and this thread would probably drop way down over time.  But we all have faith in you RB.  We all know if you work at it long enough anything can  get done.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2009, 05:50:59 PM »
You didn't answer the question. What if it couldn't be done, for technical reasons.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2009, 06:50:48 PM »
You didn't answer the question. What if it couldn't be done, for technical reasons.

Well phpbb is a relational database so if psy was unable to run the queries  (which I know he can because he ran mine in phpbb, earlier rev) I would toss an Access front end (which would be quicker and easy for me) on a copy of fornits and run a query against the user name “Robertbruce” and get a list of all the unique ip numbers against your name.  I would then take these ip numbers and run a query against the entire database listing every post that had these ip numbers against it.  I would then run an “Update” query updating the data base assigning the name “RobertBruce” to all the posts with those ips.

Or if these ips had different usernames (which I suspect may be the case) then we would list all the user names that bruce has used over the course of his posting period and he could decide how to proceed... i.e. string them together under one username of several...  this is the part that would be difficult... if Bruce had more than one user name then I could see why ginger would have a problem.

See I only had one user name and all guest posts (with the exception of 1 post made under another username), so it was done quickly.

Hmmmm...  now that I thought it through maybe I do see Ginger and psys dilemma?  How many user names have you posted under?

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2009, 09:59:18 PM »
Just the one Johnny. As I've explained to you before, I don't play the same games you do, I don't need to pretend to be someone else or pretend to have someone elses experiences.

I'll tell you what though Johnny, you obviously know a great deal more about linking up guest posts than I do. So why don't you link it up for me? You have my permisson, knock yourself out. I'll wait to hear back from you when you find out there's nothing there. I'll even give you the means to prove it. Hang on just a second.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2009, 10:01:02 PM »
Here I am RobertBruce guest posting. If you can link this one to my account John, we'll know you're telling the truth. If not well then it won't be much of a surprise. Now is that a 5 or an s?

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2009, 10:02:35 PM »
And there you have it, guest post number six. Let me know what you come up with sport.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2009, 10:08:42 PM »
Just the one Johnny. As I've explained to you before, I don't play the same games you do, I don't need to pretend to be someone else or pretend to have someone elses experiences.

I'll tell you what though Johnny, you obviously know a great deal more about linking up guest posts than I do. So why don't you link it up for me? You have my permisson, knock yourself out. I'll wait to hear back from you when you find out there's nothing there. I'll even give you the means to prove it. Hang on just a second.

sorry, I thought you knew more about this.  I am on this side of the web site.  Ginger and Psy are on the other side.  Doesnt matter what I know I dont have access to the database only they do.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2009, 10:19:19 PM »
Wait a second.....are you telling me you can't do it?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2009, 10:57:21 PM »

No, but ginger and psy can do it.  They ran the queries and linked up the posts previously for me.  Maybe if you are nice, like I was, they will do it for you.  Maybe they got pissed when you called them cowards or other names like you do others on this forum.
Try being a little nicer and cut back on your trolling and personal attacks and maybe you can get more done, Robert.  You would be surprised at what you can accomplish.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2009, 10:56:45 AM »

Check...and...mate.  If thewho can't make the admins do it, how could RB?

Nicely done RB.  

I thought thewho would know you can't force people to do things they don't want to do.  He spent 100k on ASR and all his kid did in return was overdose and die.