Author Topic: my take on AARC and action plan  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
my take on AARC and action plan
« on: August 16, 2009, 07:14:03 AM »
hi all. i am a survivor of a program simmilar to aarc in  bc. i'm going to weigh in on aarc and also state my opinion on what needs to be done to shut aarc down.

these are the facts:

1) aarc is a scam. addiction is a made up disease that has been used quite profitably in north america to defraud parents and governments. there is no '80% success rate'
because there is no success in treating a condition that doesnt exist. a 16 year old kid that doing drugs because he has bad skin and he cant get laid is not suffering
from a lifelong condition that is impossible to cure, can only be sent into remission with lifelong treatment and is fatal if not kept in check. hes just trying to escape
from a reality that is temporary and based on social conditions.

2) dean vausse is a conartist and a scumbag. he uses the prefix 'dr.' before his name is intended to convey an air of authority, like he spent 15 years earning
a ph.d in a real university. the truth his he got a phoney degree in pseudoscience from a crackerjack corraspondance school and his real knowledge comes from working
as a manager and a bagman for an american child abuse ring that has been shut down. the man is a monster, he is dangerous to kids their parents and the city of
calgary.

3) aarc abuses minors. no question. the treatment model consists of a) pushing the subject to the point of psychological collapse with threats, coercion and exaustion
(never ending abusive group therapy) b) when they cant resist, rebuild their worldview with a 12-step program and aspects of the cult culture c) cement the new
belief structure by making the subject abuse new subjects in the same way he was abused d) before releasing the subject, make sure he truely believes that he will
be doomed if he strays from the cult.

we all know that these three key facts are the truth about aarc. what needs to happen is that the general public needs to be educated as well about these truths. when
people know what aarc really is there will be no support. and thats the way it should be.

what needs to happen is that we NEED TO GET ORGANIZED! we need, all of us, aarc survivors, straight survivors, survivors of other programs need to get together and make
a concerted effort to get this place shut down.

we need to start an organization, with a heirarchy - media relations officer, treasurer, events organizer, letter writing commitee, campus outreach, etc. focused around the goal
of getting the word out to the alberta government, the calgary city council, aarc's benifactors and the people of calgary.  

one thing i believe will be a good part of the stratagy will be having straight survivors write letters to coachs and alberta politicians detailing their life experiences post-straight,
the relationship of dr. vausee to straight and their reasoning for why aarc should end. but, dont send anything out yet because they should all be sent out in a wave at the same
time.

everybody who is in please send me a pm saying so and we can start a thread discussing who is going to be doing what and we can start getting organized. also let me know if
you are a university student in canada (i am). i think a national on-campus campaign against the voilation of youth human rights in residential treatment facilities is in order.
i look forward to getting it started at a both on clubdays at my university!

THATS IT GUYS! IT IS ON! WE NEED A VICTORY IN CANADA!

dont forget to pm me if your down!

karate man.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: my take on AARC and action plan
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 09:28:18 AM »
Quote from: "karateman"
hi all. i am a survivor of a program simmilar to aarc in bc.
What place was that?

Offline karate man

• View Profile
Re: my take on AARC and action plan
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 09:41:48 AM »
it is (still operating) called "The Last Door" located in new westminster british columbia.

http://www.lastdoor.org/

but, i'd like to keep this thread on-topic: creating an action group for aarc activism. mate, if you
want to ask me anything about the last door or have anything to tell me about them could you PM me?
i'm going to create a thread on them in the next couple of days. cheers.

BACK ON TOPIC: THIS THREAD IS FOR CREATING AN ORGANIZED ACTION GROUP FOR AARC ACTIVISM.

WE NEED:

- PEOPLE WITH EXPERIENCE IN DEALING WITH THE MEDIA.
- SURVIVORS AND SYMPATHISERS WHO ARE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES.
- CALGARY RESIDENTS.
- CANADIANS WITH KNOWLEDGE OF ALBERTA POLITICS AND KNOW WHO TO SEND LETTERS TO.

PLEASE PM ME AND LET ME KNOW THAT YOU ARE IN. FACEBOOK GROUP ON THE WAY.