Author Topic: Ridge Creek School - Accreditation  (Read 11371 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Ridge Creek School - Accreditation
« on: August 14, 2009, 11:02:29 AM »
Ridge Creek School's website claims that it is academically accredited by SACS and GAC, but a search of those entities reveals that RCS is in fact not accredited by either agency.

It appears the blatant fraudulent advertising continues from Buccellato.  Where would a false advertising complaint be properly made in the state of Georgia?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: Ridge Creek School - Accreditation
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 12:58:02 PM »
It's true.  I looked it up on both sites and it's nowhere to be found.  Just another massive lie from ol' Lenny boy.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 02:19:58 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
Ridge Creek School's website claims that it is academically accredited by SACS and GAC, but a search of those entities reveals that RCS is in fact not accredited by either agency.

It appears the blatant fraudulent advertising continues from Buccellato.  Where would a false advertising complaint be properly made in the state of Georgia?

I know this is crazy and useless but on the ORS web-site there is a complaint form.  Otherwise just send an email to Carol Winstead, and Nina Edidin.  I wouldn't doubt that the ORS is going to piggy back everything with Ridge Creek/Mountain Brook or whichever entity is left.  On the ORS web-site, "Find A Facility"  if you type in Ridge Creek, Inc. you will bring up RC reports, but curiously look at the top of the form...it does not say RIDGE CREEK, INC. it says Hidden Lake Academy, Inc.  Otherwise, a complaint has to go Federal, to the FTC...  If anyone wants to meet me in Gainesville to see Federal Attorney General Nahmias, let me know.  We have enough, the State is dirty.  You know where to find me.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 03:11:58 PM »
I know everyone is chomping at the bit to start finding something wrong with Ridge Creek School.  One error I see here over and over again is the lack of follow through when searching for the truth.  A quick scan of a web site doesn’t constitute a search in my opinion.  I have seen many a profession deemed “working without a license” with their photo posted all over this site when if given a little more effort reveled that these professionals were in fact licensed in almost every case that I followed thru with and investigated.

Before making up your minds and wasting time on a ton of posts Give this a try:

Call   (770) 429-0040 and ask for Elizabeth (Liz) Law at the Georgia office (of SACS) in Kennasaw.  She is very nice and will answer all your questions or get back to you if she doesn’t have the answer at hand.

Web sites are not real time information and you need to understand the time frame of when they complete their updates before making your decision.
This is the same if you are looking to see if a professional is licensed in the state database or if a licensed has expired.  If a professional completes a higher level of training and moves up then he/she would allow their old license to expire and then be relicensed within the new area.  So a non thorough search may show up as a person is working under an “expired license” when this in fact not true.

Hope this save you some time and grief.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 09:20:59 AM »
Sort of like the time we proved that HLA had been operating without a license for eleven years?

Sure didnt seem like wasted effort.

Seriously, John, is there anything this industry could do that you would view as being a problem? Any law they could circumvent that might make you raise an eyebrow? I mean you've already established that when they murder kids you don't see it being an issue, but is there anything else that might upset you?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 12:41:54 PM »
Re:  Call Liz at Sacs...   They are another useless agency.  We have been that route and last I heard  years ago were that the SACS attorneys were looking into it.  Prior to the lawsuit when are children attended HLA, the teachers were not all certified as marketed, they were teaching in fieds to which they had no degree and it was covered up.  Teachers were cross utitilzed in different fields without contacting SACS for permission which was required.  An entity can choose/request who reviews the schools for accreditation from SACS and the 4 people that reviewed the school during "our time" were Buccellato's friends, one his brother's employee from St. Francis.  There was and is no science lab,  there was no mobile lab purchased, which SACS itself states their must be for accreditation.  At that time, SACS was told HLA brings in outside lab for biology and chemistry.  A bold face lie. The 4 SACS surveyors went out to HLA, commiserated, were treated like royalty, never inspected anything and left.  End of story.  And yes, there is paper and electronic copy on this.
So, you can call anyone in the State of Georgia and you will get placated, they will do their dance, panic when you get off the phone and scramble to cover their asses..
Their accrediatation means nothing, they are a bunch of bureaucrats pushing more papers. Research?  You have no clue.  Research?  Go have tea with Liz.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 02:58:35 PM »
This is the same song and dance routine that Shh gave years ago.

Someone would mention a question about licensure and she would start ranting and raving about accredidation. No one cared then anymore then they do now. Being properly licensed is the bigger deal.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 04:25:52 PM »
Someone should clue in Dysfunction Junction.  He thinks accreditation is a big deal, he wrote the OP.  So everyone can agree that there is no need for these places to be accredited?

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 02:34:36 AM »
ORS only seems to care about this issue during election years. The fact that the status has already changed on the website would seem to suggest they already know what the parents don't. I guess what happens in the next two weeks will tell us if Buchi is planning on just moving all his few remaining eggs into the RC basket. Interesting that Hollowhead was telling parents that RC and HLA weren't owned by the same company. I think it's definitely worth giving BB&T a call over.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 07:04:01 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Someone should clue in Dysfunction Junction.  He thinks accreditation is a big deal, he wrote the OP.  So everyone can agree that there is no need for these places to be accredited?

What an absurd idiot.  He spends years saying everything RB says is a lie then as soon as he sees something useful he is holding up RB as wise, not to mention ascribing group agreement unilaterally as a blanket statement.  TheWho, you are a fucking dope.

Anyway, RB happens to be right.  Licensure is far more important than accreditation, however, claiming to be accredited when you're not is called "fraud" and many of these places do it, like HLA did and like the new HLA clone does.  If it's so unnecessary, TheWho, then why do they tout it as a selling point?  

And I guess we can all agree that The Who thinks fraud is just fine and not a problem of any kind.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 08:51:27 PM »
If you read back thru the thread you will see that DJ was making a big deal about Ridge Creek school not showing up on the SACS web site as being accredited and jumped to the conclusion that the place wasn’t accredited (like many times before).  When I stated that the web site may not be current and to call Liz Law for details all of a sudden she became the focus of the attacks and stating how useless the SACS org is Ha,Ha,Ha… so you see the truth isn’t what is being pursued here.  No one really cares if they are accredited or not as long as they can find something to make the place look bad.   If Ridge Creek was licensed then everyone would be attacking the poor person answering the phone at the licensing bureau.  If they are accredited then its not a big deal if they are not accredited then it is an outrage!!!

You don’t see the irony because you are immersed in the mayhem.  But from this side it is Funny to watch.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 10:33:18 PM »
So then the question remains. Is RC properly licensed? Are they meeting their accrededation standards? Are they accredited at all?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 10:56:06 PM »
You are wrong John Reuben.  It is an unethical system that was implemented by SACS/SACS CASI in procuring surveyors and their findings at the facilities which is faulty. It is not ethical to allow facilities up for accreditation  to  choose friends, colleagues, employees or any individual that could benefit financially or otherwise  as the facility surveyors.  It is not objective, therefore not reliable, not to mention preposterous.    The 4 goons (surveyors) that came out were Buccellato's 'friend's and one female employee of his brother at St. Francis and yes, I have their names, paper and elecronic copy.  According to staff interviews and emails, the SACS surveyors did not even tour the facility, but stayed in the office having a wonderful time being placated.   The surveyor deck was always stacked in Buccellato's favor.   "Wined and dined and maybe if we keep them in the office area, they won't notice there is no science lab "- a running joke amongst the staff.  Buccellato chose his accreditation team, whether SACS/CASI  has changed the way surveyors are assigned, with no accomodation to the facility  requests for certain surveyors in 2009 lies with them.   Yes, I was told SACS attorney's were looking into the complaints..  Three years later, they must be still looking.   That is what transpired.  That is why to the lot of us, SACS/CASI accreditation means nothing and with good reason.  You did not deal with SACS, their song and dance like I did, along with several other parents over the years.  Like the ORS, it was not the underlings in these agencies, they did their job.  It was the upper echelon of these agencies that dug their heads in the sand to protect themselves as this all went down on their watch.  It was also the fear of Buccellato's wrath and arm that extends far beyond Dahlonega.  As I have stated before, I stand by everything that was in the class action suit, as it was just a lone pit of a cherry, beside hundreds of others not yet bloomed.   Buccellato is poison personified, period;   who he screwed on the way up, he will see on the way down.  You are out of your league regarding HLA and Buccellato.  You are part of an estimated 50-60 billion dollar industry that exploits children and their families in distress, novices that are preyed upon.  We are no longer novices John.  You chose to align yourself with unethical people in this horrific industry, that is your cross to carry not ours.  Every time you make a deposit at the bank, along with all the rest of your low life cronies, you are depositing blood money.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 03:15:18 AM »
Chris Grimwwod, now gone was listed as the Program Director, with Hollowhead, now gone, as the Exec. Director.  Doesn't make sense to FAX to Human Resource Director that is no longer there.    http://natwc.org/job-postings/southeast-job-postings/

RIDGE CREEK
Program Director

RIDGE CREEK, an outdoor therapeutic 26 day program for 13-17 year old oppositional adolescents in North Georgia, approximately one hour north of Atlanta, is now accepting applications for Program Director. Year-round, Full-Time position. Applicant should have bachelor degree or above and have experience supervising at least 20 staff in an outdoor setting. Live-in not required for this position. Salary commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and experience. Full Benefits package.

FAX/mail/e-mail cover letter and resume/cv: Human Resources Director, Ridge Creek, 830 Hidden Lake Rd., Dahlonega, GA 30533, FAX (706) 864-9109.
e-mail:[email protected]
www.ridgecreek.org

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 08:35:38 AM »
Quote from: "Jill Ryan"
It is an unethical system that was implemented by SACS/SACS CASI in procuring surveyors and their findings at the facilities which is faulty. It is not ethical to allow facilities up for accreditation to choose friends, colleagues, employees or any individual that could benefit financially or otherwise as the facility surveyors.

I am not familiar with SACS at all, actually.  If they are corrupt and useless then shouldn’t they be the focus?   The schools being accredited by them should not be admonished because the accreditation has no teeth.  It weakens your position, in my opinion, when schools are attacked for not being accredited and schools are being attacked for being accredited,  still other schools are being attacked because the accrediting agency failed to update their web site or because the agency itself is faulty.  I think you would admit if HLA wasn’t accredited at all then many posters (maybe yourself) would attack them for not utilizing an admitted faulty agency.  It just makes the argument look weak when you attack a school because of a federal agency which is forced upon them.

You are part of an estimated 50-60 billion dollar industry that exploits children and their families in distress, novices that are preyed upon. We are no longer novices John. You chose to align yourself with unethical people in this horrific industry, that is your cross to carry not ours. Every time you make a deposit at the bank, along with all the rest of your low life cronies, you are depositing blood money.

Not sure who you have been listening to but I dont work for the industry, never have.  I am a program parent.  A few years ago I was named Alan, then someone thought I was some guy named Bill on the board of NATSAP, a few months ago I was Peter and then just recently they think I am this guy John Reuben an EdCon.  I am not on the side of HLA or Ridge Creek School.  It appears that way to some because I sometimes take the side of the devils advocate in discussions because there is no one here typically to fill that roll, but I have never recommended the schools.