Author Topic: the afternoon "I can't wait to go home and eat my moms cooki  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
the afternoon "I can't wait to go home and eat my moms cooki
« on: August 19, 2003, 09:08:00 AM »
You people remember this?  After being dog tired and starving, and after eating peanut butter sandwiches and cool-aide for lunch, the rap leader would induce us to discuss whatever our mothers made good. Kids would stand up and say things like "I can't wait to go home and eat my mom's macaroni and cheese, she makes the best in the world".

So this was "rehabilitation".... Lock up a 14 year old kid, restrict his/her sleep, take away the affection of his/her family, feed them a low calorie high carb diet, restrict his/her bowel and urinary movements, then subject him/her to tales of the wonderfull food waiting for him at home if he/she will only comply with the will of the group and break.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 12:23:00 PM »
We really need to thank our parents for all those wonderful "meals" we had, since they were the ones providing it.   Staff asked for volunteers to provide food and that was the best our parents could do!! A huge pox on the family who only knew how to make pimento cheese sandwiches.  Never knew who they were, but was certainly glad when their kid finally left, so that I never had to see another pimento cheese sandwich again.   The only time I ever saw a staff member get involved with the food/drinks was one morning when it was pretty cold for St. Pete and Libby wanted hot chocolate.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 01:52:00 PM »
Just for the record, I know a little bit about how The Seed in Ft. Lauderdale went about lunch.

First, my dad was not permitted contact with my brothers while on their program because he wouldn't sit quietly and respectfully for the "checkout" interview, where a high-strung 16yo quizzed him about his social habits.

But that didn't mean he wasn't supportive of his kids escaping the grasp of the demon weed, no! He was out soliciting donations of food and money, in addition to his own cash donations. If you ever had decent deli ham and balogna or if you remember one Thanksgiving in the `70's when they served up a couple of oven roasted turkeys encrusted with Italian spices, thank Louie DeFazio and John "Crazy Mac" Mcnulty.

For years, even after my brothers and sister graduated, my mother would make me go with her for the half hour drive each way after sunday school and church to pick up pread, mustard, mayo and lunch meat at The Seed on SR 84 and carry it over to a nearby elementary school to use their commissary to construct the sandwitches. If they tasted like they'd taken a few too many trips in someone's trunk on a 95 degree day, it's because they had.

To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'> Thomas Jefferson

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2003, 11:08:00 AM »
the parents were given a list of acceptable food. Penut butter sandwiches, bologna sandwiches with one slice, etc.

Food deprivation was part of your 'rehabilitation' and had little or nothing to do with what the parents could afford to furnish.

To make certain that crime does not pay, the government should take it
over and try to run it

--G. Norman Collie