Author Topic: UK Health department: Middle schoolers should have orgasm  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
UK Health department: Middle schoolers should have orgasm
« on: July 13, 2009, 04:31:00 PM »
From The Times:

Pupils told: Sex every day keeps the GP away

A National Health Service leaflet is advising school pupils that they have a “right” to an enjoyable sex life and that regular intercourse can be good for their cardiovascular health.

The advice appears in guidance circulated to parents, teachers and youth workers, and is intended to update sex education by telling pupils about the benefits of sexual pleasure. For too long, say its authors, experts have concentrated on the need for “safe sex” and loving relationships while ignoring the main reason that many people have sex, that is, for enjoyment.

The document, called Pleasure, has been drawn up by NHS Sheffield, although it is also being circulated outside the city.

Alongside the slogan “an orgasm a day keeps the doctor away”, it says: “Health promotion experts advocate five portions of fruit and veg a day and 30 minutes’ physical activity three times a week. What about sex or masturbation twice a week?”

Steve Slack, director of the Centre for HIV and Sexual Health at NHS Sheffield, who is one of the authors, argues that, far from promoting teenage sex, it could encourage young people to delay losing their virginity until they are sure they will enjoy the experience.

Slack believes that as long as teenagers are fully informed about sex and are making their decisions free of peer pressure and as part of a caring relationship, they have as much right as an adult to a good sex life.

Anthony Seldon, master of Wellington College, Berkshire, who introduced classes in emotional wellbeing, said the approach was “deplorable”.

What are your opinion about this rather sensitive matter?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: UK Health department: Middle schoolers should have orgasm
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:13:06 AM »
pics or it didn't happen

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 07:11:14 AM »
Sounds retarded to me.. Doesn't the UK have real problems to deal with?

Good to see the National Health service flushing its funds down the shitter.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 03:04:44 PM »
Quote from: "Oscar"
What are your opinion about this rather sensitive matter?
I think it's redundant.  If British teens really need instructions to Fap that country has problems.  LOL
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Revenge Fantasy Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 03:06:23 PM »
PSY do tell what does FAP mean?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 03:12:44 PM by Revenge Fantasy Girl »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 03:10:33 PM »
Quote from: "Revenge Fantasy Girl"
PSY do tell what does FAP mean?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fap
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 03:16:23 PM »
Ohhh.
The world does not need handbooks to teach that curiosity is a natural thing.
What’s next the Kama Sutra paint by numbers Book?

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 03:47:28 PM »
I also find it ridiculous, but the positive thing which can be achieved is that no parent with the right mind can place a teenager in a program for having sex too soon now where a state department in a somewhat civilized country has  recommend sexual activities in that age group.

The only option is an implant so the production of grandchildren can be stopped before it is started.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 03:59:12 PM »
I also find it ridiculous, but the positive thing which can be achieved is that no parent with the right mind can place a teenager in a program for having sex too soon now where a state department in a somewhat civilized country has  recommend sexual activities in that age group.

Key phrase being "with the right mind" and even that is relative.  Many, if not most, will react to this by exclaiming in horror how much of a heathen country the UK is and how they're all going to hell.  Puritanical views aren't a partisan thing in the US either.  I can see 70-80% of those in the US reacting the same way to the report.  I don't think it's going to affect anything in a positive way. If anything, it'll provoke a knee-kerk reaction towards the opposite, lest the US turn out like the UK.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 04:32:07 PM »

The only option is an implant so the production of grandchildren can be stopped before it is started.
Ignorance is never bliss. Knowledge is power.
I don’t think masse reproductive prophylactic measures are something that should be considered.
“Implants”(Like IUCs) to prevent reproduction come with their own caveats and do not protect against STD’s.
Encouragement to make consideration on any “hook ups” from a discriminating place of self esteem on solid ground is a good start.
Having them understand that a potential partner who has no regard for their own safety (or is ignorant of the risks) can’t possibly more respect for others, than they do for themselves is also prudent.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 05:19:37 PM »

I don’t think masse reproductive prophylactic measures are something that should be considered.
“Implants”(Like IUCs) to prevent reproduction come with their own caveats and do not protect against STD’s.
Encouragement to make consideration on any “hook ups” from a discriminating place of self esteem on solid ground is a good start.
Having them understand that a potential partner who has no regard for their own safety (or is ignorant of the risks) can’t possibly more respect for others, than they do for themselves is also prudent.

Oh just shut up already, stupid!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 05:26:13 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"

Guest, I guess that reference to ignorance really rubbed you the wrong way.
Noboby is making fun of you. In fact the statement "ignorance is never bliss" shows some understanding for why people like you are so very, very bitter.
And to stay on topic. Go fuck yourself.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 05:35:40 PM »

Noboby is making fun of you. In fact the statement "ignorance is never bliss" shows some understanding for why people like you are so very, very bitter.

It won't make him brighter but it might improve his disposition

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 05:36:23 PM »
Quote from: "l"

Stupidsayswhat?  :rofl:

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 11:43:25 PM »
Stupidsayswhat?  :rofl:
:D