Author Topic: SLEEPING PROBLEM  (Read 10318 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SLEEPING PROBLEM
« on: July 02, 2009, 06:33:49 AM »
I cannot sleep. Period. I am going to get some heavy duty drugs perscribed today. CAn anyone receomend drugs that will do the least damage to my body?

BTW, pot and wine are  not an options for me. I have bad reactions, terror, then depair, when I take them
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: SLEEPING PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 07:42:06 AM »
JIC i wasn't clear, I am looking for a recomendation of a safe sleeping aid..thanks

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 08:18:57 AM »
About 40 minutes before you want to go to sleep take 5 MG of Cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride (or Flexeril).  You will sleep through the night without a problem.  But you need to allow yourself to sleep at least 8 hours without an alarm clock waking you up.

There are virtually no side effects and you will wake up refreshed.  This was Michael Jacksons' drug of choice (after 10 pm),  you need a doctors prescription for it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 08:55:53 AM »
here are some adverse reactions for this drug, reported:

2007:

PNEUMONIA
MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION
MULTIPLE DRUG OVERDOSE INTENTIONAL
MULTIPLE DRUG OVERDOSE ACCIDENTAL
LETHARGY
HYPOTENSION
DRUG SCREEN POSITIVE
DRUG EXPOSURE DURING PREGNANCY
DEPRESSED LEVEL OF CONSCIOUSNESS

Doesn’t sound very safe. And I assume this is the drug that helped kill mj? What is the point of trolling a thread like this? Dont you program proponents have lives? How is it you have the free time necessary to nothing but troll this forum? Shouldn’t you be out kidnapping people so as to save them and such?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 09:28:53 AM »
If you think that is bad, never take aspirin then, its 10 times worse and probably killed MJ too.  Here are the side effects if you do take it:

rash;
hives;
itching;
difficulty breathing
tightness in the chest
swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue;
black or bloody stools;
confusion;
diarrhea;
dizziness;
drowsiness;
hearing loss;
ringing in the ears;
severe or persistent stomach pain;
unusual bruising;
vomiting.

Source to quiet the troll

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 09:52:44 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
If you think that is bad, never take aspirin then, its 10 times worse and probably killed MJ too.  Here are the side effects if you do take it:

rash;
hives;
itching;
difficulty breathing
tightness in the chest
swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue;
black or bloody stools;
confusion;
diarrhea;
dizziness;
drowsiness;
hearing loss;
ringing in the ears;
severe or persistent stomach pain;
unusual bruising;
vomiting.

Source to quiet the troll

^^TheWho^^

Cyclobenzeprine is pretty mild and has no real side effects except some sluggishness in the morning.  I take it for my back sometimes.  One thing to watch out for though is if you take too much (I take 5mg, 1/2 of a 10mg dose) you will get restless leg syndrome at night which will definitely stop your rest from happening.

I take Lunesta for sleeplessness.  It works great, not really habit-forming, but it does take one or two days to get used to sleeping without it, so I recommend to take it for the whole week and stop on Friday night.

Good luck!
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 10:07:29 AM »
Quote from: "PLEASE HELP ME"
I cannot sleep. Period. I am going to get some heavy duty drugs perscribed today. CAn anyone receomend drugs that will do the least damage to my body?

BTW, pot and wine are  not an options for me. I have bad reactions, terror, then depair, when I take them
Hops.  Either drink a beer or take hops pills.  You may get used to them (tolerance) after a while so rotate with another calming herb such as Valerian.  Stuff really does work.  It's like the calming effect of pot but much more subtle (not surprisingly, hops is closely related to cannabis).

Here's a wiki snippet on natural treatments for Insomnia (includes cannabis, in case you're a troll and are just trying to mock the common suggestion which actually does work quite well):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insomnia#Other_substances

I *highly* recommend against any prescription drugs for insomnia. I have had VERY bad experiences with Zolpidem (Ambien).  Let's just say the effects lasted longer than advertised and I wasn't pleased when I experienced some of the hypnotic/sensory distortions while driving (which, I learn later, have been permanent in some people... thankfully not me).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambien#Side_effects

^^^ herbs don't do that shit.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 10:16:23 AM »
Maybe this will help. I haven't tried it. A friend of mine is pleased with the effects of melatonin supplements.
Prescription sleep meds. can be very effective in the short term.  My first hand experience with those is mixed. Bounce back depression and the need for increasing dosages are part of that.
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 10:52:11 AM »
I will be getting a rx from my doctor today. I am not a troll. Would like recommendations for safe drugs for insomnia.

Up until now I have used doxipin. I went it off a while, but cannot sleep so need to go back on something. Hoping someone here has had experience with some medication. I am looking for the least of evils, in terms of damage that will be done to my body.

I know how messed up ambien is. Did it make you a literal zombie? It made me sleepwalk while experiencing semi-aware consciousness. Very scary.

Doxipin worked pretty well, so that is what I will return to, but am interested in seeing what else is out there, or if anyone has experience with doxipin here, or knows anything about it.

I don’t think beer would work? I don’t think it could knock me out for 8 full hours. It would be pretty bad on my stomach every night also…I would probably get bad reflux. I wonder if drinking it every night would really be much of a health improvement on pills.

Hopefully I will only need pill until September when other concerns will be settled and Ill be able to sleep a little better.

Melotonin? Like the skin pigmintation?

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 11:45:04 AM »
Hmmm....

Let me be clear when I say that I don't suffer from chronic insomia. My sleepless nights are all stress induced. I've done the following in the past to help me get to sleep and stay asleep all night:

1) I make sure I go to bed at the same time every night.
2) I stop drinking water or whatnot about 2 hours before I go to bed. I'd rather not get up to piss at night.
3) I don't eat anything after 8.00 pm. For me having food in my stomach makes it harder for me to sleep.
4) If I'm having trouble sleeping I definitely do not go to bed drunk. I might get some sleep, but drunk sleep makes me feel worst rather than better.
5) I work out, alot.... I'm serious... work out.. a lot... get more exercise. It does help out with stress relief.

Now if these things aren't working I used to just pop a xanax and watch my entire world implode in a giddy haze. HoweI can't get it here in China and don't really seem to want it either. I haven't had any sleep problems in months.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 01:04:29 PM »
echo psy re: valerian root.

I've had some luck with L-Tryptaphen capsules as well.

My shrink says there's an over the counter med now called Knock Out which is supposed to be pretty good. It has valerian, melatonin and l-tryptaphen.

As for me, I had to go with prescription stuff. Seroquel is the only thing that seems to work for me... but it's a mood stabilizer, so if you arent bipolar, probably not a good idea. The good thing about these guys, though, is that you can start and stop them whenever you want, and dont have to worry about tapering up and down to avoid adverse effects.

Oh.. another thing that really helps is to turn out most of the lights about an hour before you want to go to sleep, and make everything dim. It helps a lot.

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 01:24:17 PM »
Followup:
Melatonin for Treatment of Sleep Disorders November 2004Structured Abstract
http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/tp/melatntp.htm
Melatonin As A “Greener” Sleep Aid? | World of Psychology
http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2 ... sleep-aid/
1.   Doxepin (pronounced /?d?ks?p?n/ DOK-s?-pin) is a psychotropic agent with tricyclic antidepressant and anxiolytic properties, ...That’s all I know about that. My personal experience with tricyclics was very bad.
2.   Worsening of depression, including suicidal thoughts and completed suicides, hallucinations, and nightmares can occur with Rozerem. ...
3.   ambien sleepwalking
4.   lunesta side effects

...See where this is going? I love pills. Some of them. Individuals react differently to medications and for the most part it’s trial and error.
Even caution should be applied to the natural options. Kava-Kava and ST. Johns wort can damage the liver. Milk thistle is good for your liver
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 01:42:53 PM »
tricyclics are downright eeeevil. I dont know anyone who had a good reaction from those. They made me downright psycho in my teens.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 02:11:26 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
I don’t think beer would work? I don’t think it could knock me out for 8 full hours. It would be pretty bad on my stomach every night also…I would probably get bad reflux. I wonder if drinking it every night would really be much of a health improvement on pills.

I'm not sure that hops consumed in the form of beer is much of a sleep aid (relative to the alcohol), but I could be wrong... Supposedly you can make a tea from hops flowers, and it's probably available in capsule form. I've also heard of people making pillows stuffed with hops flowers (old-fashioned remedy), but I suspect the effect may be too subtle for ya.

Tryptophan is the main reason everyone falls asleep after Thanksgiving dinner. It's pretty concentrated in turkey, relative to most other foods. People have varying degrees of sensitivity to the concentrated form in pills... It may work for ya, it may not, but it sure does work for some people.

Some people swear by melatonin; I've never tried it. Similar comment re. valerian. That I did try, briefly. It didn't seem to work for me, but perhaps my thoughts were too tortured.

I was taking Flexeril for a spinal injury several years ago. It did nothing for the pain, which was perhaps too extreme. The day I tried to cross the street in the path of an oncoming semi, completely conscious of and somewhat blasé about that fact, is the day I stopped taking it.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 02:24:14 PM »
Flexeril is muscle relaxer.  It doesn't help with pain unless the pain is a pinched nerve due to muscle contraction or spasm.  But it does make you all floaty and less aware.  And if you take too much you'll never sleep, just wiggle your legs all night and toss and turn.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control