Author Topic: Restraint methods at Change Academy Lake of the Ozarks  (Read 2415 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Restraint methods at Change Academy Lake of the Ozarks
« on: June 20, 2009, 04:14:50 PM »

« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 03:54:54 PM by Anonymous »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Restraints methods at Change Academy Lake of the Ozarks
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 05:16:26 PM »
Quote from: "bobpeterson1973"

Citations:  Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, and Budoshin (martial arts web site.) Bob wants you to think these are CALO people.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 05:20:18 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Citations:  Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, and Budoshin (martial arts web site.) Bob wants you to think these are CALO people.

You're right. Those are trained professionals using the techniques that CALO is claiming to use. The techniques CALO is actually using are probably very, very different.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 05:44:09 PM »
Note to "busy parent":  Do some soul searching and ask yourself, "Is this how I want staff handling my child?"  Staff are guilty of inflicting pain on youth for the purpose of "gaining control."
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 06:36:12 PM by Anonymous »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »
You're right. Those are trained professionals using the techniques that CALO is claiming to use. The techniques CALO is actually using are probably very, very different.

I imagine that the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles resorts to these means only in extraordinary circumstances.

How frequently does CALO employ bent wrist and bent finger restraints/control methods? What criteria constitute sufficient rationale for effecting them?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 06:26:14 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"

I imagine that the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles resorts to these means only in extraordinary circumstances.

How frequently does CALO employ bent wrist and bent finger restraints/control methods?

What criteria constitute sufficient rationale for effecting them?

Every single day.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 08:39:23 PM »
Jesus.. And people question going at CALO with everything we have after looking at something like this?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 08:52:54 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 01:26:05 AM »

How frequently does CALO employ bent wrist and bent finger restraints/control methods? What criteria constitute sufficient rationale for effecting them?

The Florida cops don't need to use the technique - as you can see in the photo, they carry guns!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 01:44:18 AM »

Keep imagining. Florida has the most police brutality, and has the among most corrupt law enforcement precincts in the South

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 04:16:46 AM »
Most people would consider this method unacceptable to be used on hardened criminals, so who in their right mind could approve these methods be used against children?

The worst part of it is if even this method is said to be used only in instances when the child is "a danger to themselves or others" how can we really place our faith in the staff members to determine when restraint should and should not be used? I know my mother overestimated the ethics of the staff in the program I was in, and based on the administrating staff's prior history and the track record of the school and related industry I'd put good money on the chance that these methods are used way too often and in ways that can only constitute child abuse.

If I were a parent, aside from just pulling my kid as quick as I could I would DEMAND that a video monitoring system be set up and broadcast for parents to access at anytime. If Ken didn't have anything to hide then why would he refuse this request?
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Guardian Angel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 11:54:51 AM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
Most people would consider this method unacceptable to be used on hardened criminals, so who in their right mind could approve these methods be used against children?

The worst part of it is if even this method is said to be used only in instances when the child is "a danger to themselves or others" how can we really place our faith in the staff members to determine when restraint should and should not be used? I know my mother overestimated the ethics of the staff in the program I was in, and based on the administrating staff's prior history and the track record of the school and related industry I'd put good money on the chance that these methods are used way too often and in ways that can only constitute child abuse.

Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
If I were a parent, aside from just pulling my kid as quick as I could I would DEMAND that a video monitoring system be set up and broadcast for parents to access at anytime. If Ken didn't have anything to hide then why would he refuse this request?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 10:57:24 AM by Guardian Angel »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 12:12:15 PM »
Quote from: "Guardian Angel"
Next I would say to you fem...a video monitoring system IS set up and in place but only to spy on staff and students.  I doubt parents would be allowed access.

Same at Judge Rotenberg Center in Canton MA.  The one time the authorities requested some video tape it mysteriously got "lost".  Video cameras in programs do nothing, and never will.  Those who think it will are hopelessly delusional.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 12:25:57 PM »
KEEP in mind Judge Rothy is the place that zapped the shit out of a kid after getting a call from someone telling them to do it. Just goes to show that idiocy will never be completely driven from the human race.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 12:37:43 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
KEEP in mind Judge Rothy is the place that zapped the shit out of a kid after getting a call from someone telling them to do it. Just goes to show that idiocy will never be completely driven from the human race.
Not idiocy.  The tendency to obey orders without question.  It was like Milgram's experiments...  only not an experiment.  Sick stuff.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)