Author Topic: A CALO response by Ken Huey  (Read 12914 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: A CALO response by Ken Huey
« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2009, 12:34:27 AM »
Ken Huey
http://www.provotruthexposed.com/pcsstaff.htm

Was a "therapist" at Provo canyon for a year until he became director of business development for a year. Impossible for him not to know what was going on, and to not have taken part in it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2009, 02:35:09 AM »
Quote from: "houseguest"
Maybe I'm a Pollyanna, but I would also like to believe that leopards, under different circumstances, might be able to change their spots, or at least their personalities.

Well... here's the thing: this industry catering to the parents of "troubled teens" didn't just spring up overnight. You go back in time and you'll find springboards in the Human Potential movement and the emergence of therapeutic communities as a means of "group control" during World War II. A more recent source would be the long defunct yet still infamous addiction treatment community called Synanon (California).

Although filling in the blanks is far beyond the capacity of a single post, suffice it to say that there is a significant CULTural ideology behind the industry. It's always nice to learn you're wrong in a case like this, but "Lifers" like Nicole Fulgsang and Ken Huey don't generally leave these kinds of communities, they perpetuate more of them.

Nicole Fuglsang previously worked at Hidden Lake Academy/Ridge Creek, as did Christy Jones.

Ken Huey started off at Provo Canyon School. He also worked at West Ridge Academy, along with CALO's Landon Kirk.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline houseguest

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2009, 03:50:25 AM »
Thanks for the info. This is a whole world I didn't know existed. I remember Synanon only from the snake-in-the-mailbox incident, which pretty much convinced me they were not a good bunch. I didn't know they were still around, if only as a model for others.

Interesting thing, I just saw a commercial for a new show coming on A&E called "The Cleaner" with Benjamin Bratt. From what I could see, it looks like he plays one of those guys who grabs addicts, takes them away, and forces them through withdrawal. I don't know how they will make him a likable main character.

Offline TigerEye

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2010, 10:13:26 PM »
Quote from: "kenhuey"
Hello. As you see by my login name, Ken Huey, I am certainly one of those in the middle of the various posts that have come in about CALO. There have been quite a number of statements made about CALO and our treatment, CALO students, CALO parents of students, Nicole Fuglsang, and about my own character and motivations. So far the vast majority of the discussion has been had without the benefit of any response from those who care about CALO.

I would respond with the most important request I can make relevant to this discussion: Please remove from these posts the names and treatment summaries of the children in our care. I am asking with a sincere plea. These kids have done nothing to any of you. To the person who calls him/herself “well proxied,” if you indeed care about these children do not use them as pawns because of your hatred for residential treatment. If your goal is to hurt CALO by such actions, that certainly is accomplished…but at what cost, at what collateral damage? I expect to take shots on the chin as I try to care for our students. Some people simply refuse to understand treatment or are angry at the residential treatment world for any number of reasons. That said, I have never in my career seen kids dragged into the middle of the fight in such an ugly and unfortunate way as this. Debate or attack me, disparage me, slander CALO, but please leave these children alone. Please.

The issue of the online posting of kids' names has gotten some play on this forum lately. I don't get why keeping this information up on some other site serves any purpose whatsoever, other than embarrassing the kids and violating their privacy...

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #139 on: August 04, 2010, 10:20:31 PM »
Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 06:53:09 PM by Joel »

Offline TigerEye

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2010, 12:13:21 AM »
Irrelevant to my point, Joel.