Author Topic: Recent Newton Victims?  (Read 961 times)

Offline aram_viveca

• View Profile
Recent Newton Victims?
« on: June 17, 2009, 09:54:01 PM »
I'm looking for help.  

My kid brother moved down to Tampa last year for a job and at some point he hooked up with this religious Orthodox group.  He started talking a lot about this "Father Cassian" and how he is "the special one" showing him "God's Will".  My brother just got weirder and weirder and finally said he couldn't talk with our family any more.  I started researching this "Father Cassian" and found out it was Virgil Miller Newton.

I'm very worried about my brother, but since he won't talk to any of us I don't know what is going on.  Does anyone know of someone who's gotten out of Newton's Orthodox cult?  I'm looking for current information that would help me asses what my brother and family are facing and what this Orthodox cult is about.

Thank you,
Michael
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Recent Newton Victims?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 11:51:43 AM »
My name is Brill Smith I am an independant reporter and from time to time write for www.orangetoiletnews.com and am willing to help you.

You may contact me at [email protected]

Your information will be kept confidential.

Thanks Brill

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Recent Newton Victims?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 01:33:06 PM »
I'm not gonna slag the church with which Newton is affiliated, but I will say that your brother has fallen under the influence of a very evil individual.   Newton basically is using the church as a means of obscuring his past (name change) and as an attempt to legitimize his insane philosophy and beliefs.  Newton has a documented history of being a cult leader who has subjected his followers to brainwashing techniques and physical abuses.  

When confronted by his victims, Newton will deny any wrongdoing, and will attempt to place the blame for any problems he and his "programs" created for his victims, on the victims themselves.  Neither he nor his wife, Ruth Ann Newton, believe that they have committed any crimes or oversaw the systematic abuse of hundreds (if not thousands) of adolescents, though several courts have found otherwise.

Your brother is in grave danger should he continue associating with Newton.  Not only will Newton encourage him to sever any ties with his family, but he will also attempt to convince your brother that should he fail to follow Newton's instruction he will meet a horrible fate.  If your brother is suceptible to cult indoctrination--and if he is associating with Newton he probably is--then he is on dangerous ground, becuase Newton will manipulate him to the best of his abilities.