Author Topic: Cayonville Christian Academy - any info?  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Cayonville Christian Academy - any info?
« on: June 09, 2009, 02:37:04 PM »
I was research Alpine Academy and located a thread on Complaint board about this facility

I wasted money and time going to this " fake christian" " school" not anywhere close to a school. Students there have no life. all the student there cant go any where, and all they get to do is sit in the room and spend the hole year infront of their lap top, with poor signals, because school cant afford a better internet system. This school is cheap as hell, and the staffs are all fake. I dont even know if they graduated high school or not, cuz all their IQ's are pretty low. They obviosly have a failure of life thats why they work in a place thats in the middle of no where and gets paid pay minimum wage. and i know this cuz one of the staff quited and told me about how all the staffs are. anyways...theres alot more negative things about cca, but the bottom line is Oregon board should really think about shutting this school down. The school's been scaming too much things out on everybody and i cant stand watching each year more people getting hurt. SHUT CANYONVILLE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY DOWN ASAP!

What do we know about this boarding school/dayschool?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
Re: Cayonville Christian Academy - any info?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 04:13:25 AM »
I couldn't find anything about this school. Although, I did exchange e-mails with a woman who claimed to have graduated from a "christian college" in Missouri and she couldn't tie two sentences together. She claims to hold a Bachelors degree and works for a state funded teen-program in Missouri (where she allows kids to restrain other kids). Either she was lying about having attended college or there is something to be said about the (so-called) "christian" under-education system in America. Her writing skills were deplorable.

I did find this: http://www.complaintsboard.com/complain ... 80455.html
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline Reddit TroubledTeens

• View Profile
    • http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteens
Re: Cayonville Christian Academy - any info?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 12:59:54 PM »
http://www.argusobserver.com/news/chris ... 963f4.html

Christian school sues Oregon town over utility bills

Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:27 am

0 comments

ROSEBURG (AP) — A Christian boarding school has filed a discrimination lawsuit against a Southern Oregon town that charges tax-exempt organizations a premium for water and sewer service. The lawsuit argues that the city of Canyonville has no basis for charging tax-exempt organizations such as public schools and churches twice the going rate for water and adding a surcharge for sewer service, the Roseburg News-Review newspaper reported Monday.

Officials at Canyonville Christian Academy say the overcharges amount to about $200,000 since 1988, which is as far back as its records go. The boarding school has about 100 students, a majority from outside Douglas County and from foreign countries. They live in campus dormitories. The school wasn’t aware of the policy until a broken water pipe sent thousands of gallons of water into the ground. Since sewer fees are tied to water consumption and the spilled water was not treated in the city’s sewer plant, officials researched city ordinances before seeking a partial refund of the sewer fees.

“My first thought was, ‘No, they can’t do that. There has to be something wrong with that,”’ said Roger Shaffer, a board member who also teaches government at the academy. “It doesn’t pass the smell test.” City officials said they couldn’t discuss the litigation, filed in Douglas County Circuit Court in Roseburg.

The higher fees apply to religious schools and churches, as well as public schools and other tax-exempt organizations. Water and sewer customers who live outside the city limits also pay the higher fees. Nassau County on New York’s Long Island recently imposed a sewer surcharge on tax-exempt school districts. The 19 school districts are fighting the fee on the grounds it amounts to a tax. Canyonville Christian Academy has lobbied the Canyonville City Council since last June to change its policy, and in October, the school offered to accept a partial refund, in the form of credits on future bills.

That offer was rejected.

“Our goal isn’t to hurt the city,” Headmaster Cathy Lovato said. “We just wanted the city to change its ordinance.”