Author Topic: Hmm... How can you hit this wall by accident  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Hmm... How can you hit this wall by accident
« on: June 02, 2009, 04:26:48 AM »
I was investigating a spin-off facility of Mount Bachelor created by relatives of a former detainee.

Here is a link to the blog of the father with photos of the car and place of accident where his son unfortunately died.

I am looking at photos of a straight road and still the car ends up hitting a wall head on more than 20 feet away from the road.

How do you do it unless you aim for it?

I may be influenced by the fact that I have taken my drivers licence in Denmark where we are trained to handle high speeds on race tracks as a mandatory part of the education, but I just dont understand it.

I am very close putting the name of the son on the victim list.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Hmm... How can you hit this wall by accident
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 10:59:03 AM »
Aaron Meyer was a classmate of Frank McGill while the two attended Mount Bachelor Academy in 2003-2004. As you may recall, Frank McGill deliberately took his own life about three and a half months ago. Aaron Meyer's dad left a comment on one of Frank's Obits.

Personally, I don't think Aaron's death was a complete "accident." The predisposing mindset can present with something along these lines: you feel depressed and completely frustrated, you cannot deal with things as they are for another moment. You do something that will either result in death or, by divine intervention, you will escape. It is a plea for a sign from one's "Higher Power." And this is, to my mind at least, a kind of thinking that is encouraged if not inculcated by most, if not all, of these programs.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 11:54:32 AM »
http://www.aaronmeyerfoundation.org/

"We'll get a house, go to school, work, and see our counselors. We'll help each other; it'll work because no one knows what we go through like we do."
      Aaron Meyer, April 2005[/b][/list][/list][/list]

I believe it was within a month or so later that... he was dead.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
      « Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 06:50:38 PM »
      Wait, this kid killed himself after a program and they named a fucking program after him?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
      « Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 08:17:38 PM »
      What are you trying to do?  Without a reference base of some sort there is no way to tell if kids are more prone to suicide if they went to a program or not.  Most believe the rate (post program) is lower.
      I have a friend who thinks that eating at McDonalds causes and increase in suicide tendencies and I guess by those statistics he is right.  99% of all kids that commit suicide has eaten at McDonalds in the past 3 months.  Does this prove his point?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
      « Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 08:57:57 PM »
      Quote from: "BMonrow"
      What are you trying to do?  Without a reference base of some sort there is no way to tell if kids are more prone to suicide if they went to a program or not.  Most believe the rate (post program) is lower.
      I have a friend who thinks that eating at McDonalds causes and increase in suicide tendencies and I guess by those statistics he is right.  99% of all kids that commit suicide has eaten at McDonalds in the past 3 months.  Does this prove his point?

99% of all kids that don't commit suicide have probably also eaten at McDonalds in the past 3 months, so your analogy does not hold water.

Kids who die not too long after program is a real sore point for you... isn't it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
      « Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 09:57:43 PM »
      Quote from: "Ursus"

99% of all kids that don't commit suicide have probably also eaten at McDonalds in the past 3 months, so your analogy does not hold water.

Kids who die not too long after program is a real sore point for you... isn't it.

Abduction and imprisonment without trial. Torture of the sort used by totalitarian Chinese govt. to destroy and "reform" the brains of "thought criminals" through-out a large chunk of one's adolescence at the behest of one's own parents, with the tacit approval of the U.S. govt. How could a victim of these violations not commit suicide afterwards? That is the question.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
      « Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 07:25:04 AM »

It is, yes,if someone tries to attribute the deaths to a specific cause without any evidence.  Maybe the kid just found out his girlfriend was cheating, maybe the kid suffers from depression.  Maybe the kid would have taken his life earlier on if he/she didn’t enter a program.  Maybe the kid just ate at McDonalds.  Maybe the tire of his car blew out or he fell asleep.  Maybe he was texting at the time or pissed at a response and turned the wheel spiraling the car out of control……..

To try to pretend to know it is linked to a specific cause and add him to the list just weakens the validity of that list and is unfair to the kids who did take their lives due to the effects of being in a program.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
      « Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 01:05:03 PM »
      Quote from: "Guest"

It is, yes,if someone tries to attribute the deaths to a specific cause without any evidence.  Maybe the kid just found out his girlfriend was cheating, maybe the kid suffers from depression.  Maybe the kid would have taken his life earlier on if he/she didn’t enter a program.  Maybe the kid just ate at McDonalds.  Maybe the tire of his car blew out or he fell asleep.  Maybe he was texting at the time or pissed at a response and turned the wheel spiraling the car out of control……..

To try to pretend to know it is linked to a specific cause and add him to the list just weakens the validity of that list and is unfair to the kids who did take their lives due to the effects of being in a program.

I ran away from Mount Bachelor Academy in April and successfully started my life upon return home. I have a job, I am getting off of probation next week (I would've been off if I stayed at MBA until next March, I'd rather be on probation than in that hell of a "school"), and I will have my GED in 2 weeks. I am not a loser or a druggie, I smoke the ganja occasionally and drink at parties sometimes. Still, I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from that fucking place. Some days, I grow so depressed about my life from the point of programs on that I can't do anything, I can't even smoke weed. A couple of days ago, I bordered upon suicide (I won't say exactly what) but my girlfriend stopped me. This is July, I left in April. This shit does affect you negatively even after you leave. And don't get me started on being there. While I was at MBA, I spent whole weeks at a time sometimes in a depressed vegetative state, not going to classes, lying around doing nothing, not talking to anybody, because I just wasn't able to. I didn't have it in me. A friend and I even considered taking each others lives at one point.

Personally, I don't think Aaron's death was a complete "accident." The predisposing mindset can present with something along these lines: you feel depressed and completely frustrated, you cannot deal with things as they are for another moment. You do something that will either result in death or, by divine intervention, you will escape. It is a plea for a sign from one's "Higher Power." And this is, to my mind at least, a kind of thinking that is encouraged if not inculcated by most, if not all, of these programs.
      I agree with you Ursus. While I was at MBA, they try to impress upon your brain these crazy ideas of divine intervention and higher powers that simply do not exist. If they existed, we would not need programs. This kind of thinking is dangerous, especially for kids who, for the most part, are recovering addicts from hard drugs. They are in a delicate state of mind which must be treated with care, but the staff take advantage of it and bombard our senses with propagandist spew.  All in all, these types of programs are not only a useless waste of life, but they are actually dangerous to the people who attend them.