Author Topic: Are there any of the original ASR students here?  (Read 1626 times)

Offline telephant

• View Profile
Are there any of the original ASR students here?
« on: April 22, 2009, 12:42:28 AM »
Im from peer group 1, also known as Project 1.  The title is misleading, because there were originally (approx) 20-25 students.  That is, until they were all kicked out, except for 6 of them.  I was one of the six.  Thats when Rudy took over.  This was also when the program length was much longer.  I want to say 18 - 24 months.  I was there for almost 17.  February 5th, 1998 to June 21 (or 29th?), 1999.   Project 1 was the first group sent to Costa Rica.  Which lasted for 8 weeks instead of the 3 or 4 that was common after.

Im looking to reconnect with the P1.  Are there any of you here?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 01:01:03 AM by telephant »

Offline telephant

• View Profile
Re: Are there any of the original ASR students here?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 12:49:56 AM »
Funny story about this piece of shit:

So after everyone was kicked out, and the wilderness intake program was just created (none of us went through it), peer groups 2-7 sprang out of nowhere.  So we were the "senior" peer group and we were sometimes allowed to listen to music.  One evening, I remember asking Rudy if we could listen to Dark Side of The Moon, and he goes, "What?  Do you think Im stupid?  You don't think I know what Pink Floyd is about?"  And then he puts his fingers to his lips like he's hitting a joint and says, "Is there anybody in there?"

I remember thinking, "That's The Wall, dumbass."  :twofinger:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 10:38:42 PM »
I was in peer group 1 with Shea, Ryan , Chris, Emily and others who didn't finish at ASR.  Just thinking of ASR, its been 10 years. So I typed peer group 1 into google and this came up.  Crazyiness.  The school was a mess, but looking back it was an experience that I think has helped me, but I could see how others were a little messed up.  If ANna, Kristen, Walter, Emily, Shea, Ryan, Tyler, Matt N., Matt B,  Chris or others who I am forgetting, ever see this I hope to talk to you again at somepoint.   This is Tim.  Chris Locke, Mark Pananos and Amy and Jay were the best.  Scott, Jeremy and the nurse, I cant remember her name.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 09:20:08 AM »
Do any of you guys know a student who went there from Lowell, Mass.?  I'm, looking for information about a parent 'who' posts here by the name of 'TheWho'.  If you have some time, take a look at the thread called 'TheWho' from the first few pages and give a shout if you recognize who 'TheWho' is.  His kid was allegedly there during Bentz' tenure and he says Bentz was a great guy.  Thanks in advance!
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 11:15:34 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Do any of you guys know a student who went there from Lowell, Mass.?  I'm, looking for information about a parent 'who' posts here by the name of 'TheWho'.  If you have some time, take a look at the thread called 'TheWho' from the first few pages and give a shout if you recognize who 'TheWho' is.  His kid was allegedly there during Bentz' tenure and he says Bentz was a great guy.  Thanks in advance!

Hey, nevermind this request.  I'm all set!
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 07:57:57 PM »
Quote from: "Tim Mosher"
I was in peer group 1 with Shea, Ryan , Chris, Emily and others who didn't finish at ASR.  Just thinking of ASR, its been 10 years. So I typed peer group 1 into google and this came up.  Crazyiness.  The school was a mess, but looking back it was an experience that I think has helped me, but I could see how others were a little messed up.  If ANna, Kristen, Walter, Emily, Shea, Ryan, Tyler, Matt N., Matt B,  Chris or others who I am forgetting, ever see this I hope to talk to you again at somepoint.   This is Tim.  Chris Locke, Mark Pananos and Amy and Jay were the best.  Scott, Jeremy and the nurse, I cant remember her name.

sheaboy Says:
April 18th, 2009 at 2:14 am
I had the displeasure of being in peer group 1 at ASR. Also known as Project One. The emotional abuse/torture was brutal, but eye opening. I want desperately to reconnect with my brothers Ryan, Chris, and especially Tim Mosher. If you can help please email me at [email protected]

Saw this on the web and recognized your name, Tim.  Hope you guys reconnect if you haven't already.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control