Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > CAN ~ Collective Action Network

Anti-Program Marketing Materials

(1/4) > >>

FemanonFatal2.0:
So we have all seen how the marketing materials of the programs have a way of convincing desperate parents that these facilities offer some sort of "treatment" to teens in order to cure them of their adolescent behavior.

So what if we made our own marketing materials ie: pamphlets and testimony videos, (even if only passed on through email) to directly mimic the way the programs market themselves in order to counter these things with the truth. these pamphlets could be passed out at different events, but also be sent to parents who are considering sending their child to the programs.

Psy had the idea to create websites that parents would stumble upon when researching the schools, parents can submit their email or PO boxes to these sites and we can send them our TTI pamphlet (or email) and any other information (testimony, articles, known associates, research) that is known about the particular school they are looking into. I assume most of this information will be available on the website, but sometimes having the information in hand to compare to the marketing materials they received for the school helps them to consider both sides before making the decision.

I would be willing to design this pamphlet, if others here would be willing to donate some research, writing and quotes from your personal testimony. I know that it is difficult to devote yourself to projects like this, we are all very busy with work and family and the rest of our lives but I think this is a project small enough for us to handle if we can all donate some free time to it.

Any and all suggestions welcome of course.

Deprogrammed:

--- Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0" ---So we have all seen how the marketing materials of the programs have a way of convincing desperate parents that these facilities offer some sort of "treatment" to teens in order to cure them of their adolescent behavior.

So what if we made our own marketing materials ie: pamphlets and testimony videos, (even if only passed on through email) to directly mimic the way the programs market themselves in order to counter these things with the truth. these pamphlets could be passed out at different events, but also be sent to parents who are considering sending their child to the programs.

Psy had the idea to create websites that parents would stumble upon when researching the schools, parents can submit their email or PO boxes to these sites and we can send them our TTI pamphlet (or email) and any other information (testimony, articles, known associates, research) that is known about the particular school they are looking into. I assume most of this information will be available on the website, but sometimes having the information in hand to compare to the marketing materials they received for the school helps them to consider both sides before making the decision.

I would be willing to design this pamphlet, if others here would be willing to donate some research, writing and quotes from your personal testimony. I know that it is difficult to devote yourself to projects like this, we are all very busy with work and family and the rest of our lives but I think this is a project small enough for us to handle if we can all donate some free time to it.

Any and all suggestions welcome of course.
--- End quote ---

This is of course, and excellent idea,although not a new one.
This concept has been successful at protests I have organized and attended.
If ye need some ideas or templates let me know, as I can send ye some, no problem.
Really the dilemmna always ends up being financial etc....and thenthe marketing halts.

hit me back
-DP

FemanonFatal2.0:
Yea I've seen it done at events as well and I think its a good tactic. But I do think we should first make it available to be sent in emails in order to reach a bigger audience. I do hope that more extensive information will be available on the TTI website, but I do think as a way to break the ice about the information available about the TTI.

Che Gookin:
Advertise in Playboy magazine. You'll be sure to reach millions of men that way.

Deprogrammed:
My thing is this: There is all of this talk about what we should be doing. Well, instead of talking why don't we just do? Ye know like actually take action.
The only way to shut these places down for good is to be visible and present in the community that each particular program resides and pratices in.
This is the method that has been successful so far. No one has shut anything down without any footwork.
This comment is aimed at all of the people, including survivors that do not get out and talk to people about this issue in person. How is the public supposed to be outraged about this topic if they are not educated about it. Why is the public supposed to care unless someone touches their life with this topic?
Food for thought.
ACTION is the way.
-DP
TTI or no TTI....regardless...it has and will be taking actually pulling ones ass off of the internet, getting out in your community and actually educating the public.
-DP

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version