Author Topic: Rudy Bentz Video  (Read 2276 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Rudy Bentz Video
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 11:22:24 PM »
http://fornits.com/WWASP/TranquilityBayDocumentary.mp4

i disagree. The documentry linked above helps you understand the horror. Not so this CEDU doc. I think its possible. I dont think its being done well. Maybe it will be different when its spliced together. I think it would help to have less talking head, more consice background info, and at least one cohesive start to finish narrative, along with background on the fact that "troubled parents" that send their kids to this hell hole.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 01:52:16 AM »
I just want to say I <3 heather and I think she is really brave to do a documentary.
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2009, 07:22:14 AM »
I agree Femanon. I really like the interaction between heather and Laura. Heather is brave to show the photos of herself immediately post cedu & to tell her story. They have a sort of wry cynicism about them that possibly helped them survive. To the person who wants to see more of the "horrors" I am not sure that sensationalism always is the way to go. Though this approach worked for the wwasp doco because it got the truth out. I know a lot of kids who went to schools similar to cedu who say that it just was not physically brutal in the same way as waasp and that the food and lodgings were fine. Even with this in mind it was emotionally brutal and physically exhausting and it really screwed them up & a lot of very inappropriate things happened. So maybe this doco will strike a chord with some of the people who attended similar places.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2009, 11:07:14 AM »
The way I see it, the only way someone could make a film that could *really* give the viewer some sense of how things go down would be to have a fictionalized version of the 70s or 80s schools and have it directed by David Lynch.

I swear to fucking god, Lynch would be the only guy who could do it justice.