Author Topic: I was in Cross Creek in 2008  (Read 3482 times)

Offline anythinganyone

• View Profile
I was in Cross Creek in 2008
« on: April 13, 2009, 05:12:03 AM »
If anyone wants info about it feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: I was in Cross Creek in 2008
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 05:59:44 AM »
Wow, hello.
Do you know katie Carter?
She posts on this forum. check out Katies blog and blog of a program parent in NEWs
Welcome!
Have you thought about joining or participating in the lawsuit against CC?

Would you submit testimony of abuse to HEAL http://www.heal-online.org/
or ISAC? http://www.isaccorp.org/

You would be allowed to not go into detail--i beleive you didn't want to detail things from what i read at anitwwasp...

thank you for posting here..I hope youre here later. I'd love to ask you some questions

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 01:43:43 PM »
OK. HOPE YOU'RE STILL HERE

My first group of questions is about the organized sexual abuse at WWASP's Cross Creek Programs, Cross Creek Center for Boys, and Cross Creek Manor for Girls:

1)
A. Who performed the infamous "underwear and bra checks" at Cross Creek? Staff or detainees?
B.How many times a day did these "checks" occur?
C.What would happen if your refused to take off your clothes or show your body after receiving the order for a "check"?
Would you be forecefully "checked"? How would that violation progress?

2))
A.Who performed the "strip searches" Staff or detainees?
B. how often did these occur?
C.What would happen if your refused to take off your clothes or show your body after receiving the order to submit to search?
Would you be forecefully "searched." How would that violation progress?

3)
A.When going to the bathroom did someone simply enter the bathroom area with you, or did you have to keep the door open so someone could "watch" you during your process of eliminations?
B.Who "watched" you, staff or detainees?

4) If detainees who were expected to particpate in sexually abusive acts like "watching" other detainees go to the bathroom refused to, what would happen to them?

5)
 What would they do if you did not want to wear a particular outfit they wanted you to? Would it be forcefully put onto you?
B. Who would do so, staff or detainees?

6)
Were there any other instances where detainees were forced to engage in  public nudity, or "show themselves," or remove their clothes, or threatened with having them removed forcefully removed by staff or fellow detainees? Were you given privacy when you bathed? etc?

7)
Were you blamed for being sexually abused by the Cross Creek operation? That is to say, was not having to get your underwear "checked" considered a "privelege" you had to "earn."  
b. What were the justifications given for sexually abusing you at WWASP's Cross Creek? Was it that you were dangerous, selfish, bad or mentally ill,etc?
c. How did you "earn" the right to not be forced to particpate in public nudity
d. On what "levels" (orange? yellow? whatever they call them)did you have to engage in forced public nudity

What you may not have realized at the time of your detention, is that Cross Creek's organized sexual abuse was not incedental. That was yet another way to "break" you, like detainees at Abu Gharib endured organized sexually abuse to "break" them.
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/08/world ... wanted=all

Offline anythinganyone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 11:12:39 PM »
A. Who performed the infamous "underwear and bra checks" at Cross Creek? Staff or detainees?

No idea, that was a girl's side only thing.  I know some girls from Cross Creek that were there when I was, and I could ask them and get you that information, and will respond with whatever they reply.

2))

Staff.

When you did an intake you got a strip search, but I didn't get one . . . I guess because I had no history of drug use, but I heard some kids say they did strip searches while I was there when they first came.
I was on suicide watch, and as a suicide watch before I got dressed after staff buddy showers, I had to put on some underwear or a towel and twirl and show off my arms and legs so they could see if I cut myself or anything.  Once it was commented that because I wore boxers, that I did not have to take them off since I could just raise them up for staff to see my thighs.  Hygiene watches had to watched while showering by staff.

C.What would happen if your refused to take off your clothes or show your body after receiving the order to submit to search?

No idea.

3)
A.When going to the bathroom did someone simply enter the bathroom area with you, or did you have to keep the door open so someone could "watch" you during your process of eliminations?

On suicide watch, you had to leave the door cracked or it was a 507 self-inflict, and if you weren't a suicide watch it could be a 504 serious misconduct to leave it open in any way.  No student that was watching you could enter the bathoom while you were in it.

If you were on staff buddy or suicide watch, staff, if not, another student.

4) If detainees who were expected to particpate in sexually abusive acts like "watching" other detainees go to the bathroom refused to, what would happen to them?

This didn't happen (at least not that I'm aware of, it might have in SN but I never went to SN), so I can't answer it.

5)
 What would they do if you did not want to wear a particular outfit they wanted you to? Would it be forcefully put onto you?

They'd probably force you to put you on, since it was considered imperative to wear the shirt you needed ti to indicate if you were on staff buddy or suicide watch or whatever.  Staff would as far as I'm aware.

6)
Were there any other instances where detainees were forced to engage in  public nudity, or "show themselves," or remove their clothes, or threatened with having them removed forcefully removed by staff or fellow detainees? Were you given privacy when you bathed? etc?

Staff told us stories about how they'd drag people out of the showers "butt naked" if they were too late or refused to get out.  Hygiene watches were supervised when bathing by staff, and as far as I'm aware, staff seen them naked.  I was not on hygiene watch.

7)
Were you blamed for being sexually abused by the Cross Creek operation? That is to say, was not having to get your underwear "checked" considered a "privelege" you had to "earn."

Since I was a boy there, I didn't have to.  They told us that "we created the rules" by our actions, so yes.

b. What were the justifications given for sexually abusing you at WWASP's Cross Creek? Was it that you were dangerous, selfish, bad or mentally ill,etc?

Hygiene watches needed to be watched while bathed in order to make sure they were actually rubbing soap on their bodies and enough at that.  Suicide watches needed to be checked to make sure they didn't cut.  Strip searches were to check for contraband or drugs.  The bra and underwear checks were to prevent run away plans, since wearing more than one pair of anything was a 413 Layering of Clothing and was considered run plans.

You got off whatever watch you were on and working the program, I guess.  Being compliant and doing as they say when they tell you to change your clothes and such.  I don't know about the girls' bra checks and if all girls had to do that.  I also forgot to mention that girl staff buddies showered in the locker room, and the doors of the locker room were blurry so you could still see blurry shapes of the girls when they were showering (at least I'd assume so, since I only went there to use the bathroom)

d. On what "levels" (orange? yellow? whatever they call them)did you have to engage in forced public nudity

Yellow was when you were a new student, if you were a suicide watch or run risk you also went into yellow.

Orange was staff buddies.

What you may not have realized at the time of your detention, is that Cross Creek's organized sexual abuse was not incedental. That was yet another way to "break" you, like detainees at Abu Gharib endured organized sexually abuse to "break" them.
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/08/world ... wanted=all[/quote]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 11:26:43 PM by anythinganyone »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 09:00:52 PM »
Quote from: "guest"

No idea, that was a girl's side only thing.  I know some girls from Cross Creek that were there when I was, and I could ask them and get you that information, and will respond with whatever they reply.

2))

Staff.

When you did an intake you got a strip search, but I didn't get one . . . I guess because I had no history of drug use, but I heard some kids say they did strip searches while I was there when they first came.
I was on suicide watch, and as a suicide watch before I got dressed after staff buddy showers, I had to put on some underwear or a towel and twirl and show off my arms and legs so they could see if I cut myself or anything.  Once it was commented that because I wore boxers, that I did not have to take them off since I could just raise them up for staff to see my thighs.  Hygiene watches had to watched while showering by staff.

No idea.

3)

On suicide watch, you had to leave the door cracked or it was a 507 self-inflict, and if you weren't a suicide watch it could be a 504 serious misconduct to leave it open in any way.  No student that was watching you could enter the bathoom while you were in it.

If you were on staff buddy or suicide watch, staff, if not, another student.

This didn't happen (at least not that I'm aware of, it might have in SN but I never went to SN), so I can't answer it.

They'd probably force you to put you on, since it was considered imperative to wear the shirt you needed ti to indicate if you were on staff buddy or suicide watch or whatever.  Staff would as far as I'm aware.

]6)

Staff told us stories about how they'd drag people out of the showers "butt naked" if they were too late or refused to get out.  Hygiene watches were supervised when bathing by staff, and as far as I'm aware, staff seen them naked.  I was not on hygiene watch.

]7)

Since I was a boy there, I didn't have to.  They told us that "we created the rules" by our actions, so yes.

Hygiene watches needed to be watched while bathed in order to make sure they were actually rubbing soap on their bodies and enough at that.  Suicide watches needed to be checked to make sure they didn't cut.  Strip searches were to check for contraband or drugs.  The bra and underwear checks were to prevent run away plans, since wearing more than one pair of anything was a 413 Layering of Clothing and was considered run plans.

You got off whatever watch you were on and working the program, I guess.  Being compliant and doing as they say when they tell you to change your clothes and such.  I don't know about the girls' bra checks and if all girls had to do that.  I also forgot to mention that girl staff buddies showered in the locker room, and the doors of the locker room were blurry so you could still see blurry shapes of the girls when they were showering (at least I'd assume so, since I only went there to use the bathroom)

Yellow was when you were a new student, if you were a suicide watch or run risk you also went into yellow.

Orange was staff buddies.

THANKS SO MUCH. I'd like to ask you some more questions tomorrow. You are very articulate and helpful. Thank you!

Offline anythinganyone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 12:50:47 AM »
Glad to be of service, I won't have internet though until Monday.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 01:20:59 AM »
Quote from: "anythinganyone"
Glad to be of service, I won't have internet though until Monday.

sure thing, I have an illness so it takes me a long time to write these things up anyway. :cheers:  :cheers:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:
i hope you are well and more or less happy and healthy

Offline anythinganyone

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 10:13:24 PM »
(7:03:23 PM) AAA: Did they check the girls for layering undergarments?
(7:03:58 PM) BBB: yes but mosetlychecked to see if we had undergarmets on.. grls would rty to go commando
(7:05:10 PM) AAA: ok thanks
(7:05:35 PM) BBB: yup ne thing else?
(7:05:45 PM) AAA: yea, I'm checking to go see what the other questions were
(7:05:58 PM) AAA: A. Who performed the infamous "underwear and bra checks" at Cross Creek? Staff or detainees?
(7:06:02 PM) AAA: B.How many times a day did these "checks" occur?
(7:06:07 PM) AAA: C.What would happen if your refused to take off your clothes or show your body after receiving the order for a "check"?
Would you be forecefully "checked"? How would that violation progress?
(7:07:06 PM) BBB: if u refused a dress code it was a cat four, if u forgot to dres code its a cat 211 ..
(7:07:19 PM) BBB: the grl staff would check us before we left our rooms

There's your answers for those questions. :)

Offline anythinganyone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 10:04:26 PM »
You still around?

Offline anythinganyone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 12:41:55 AM »
I guess not, oh well :(

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 04:38:36 AM »
I got a question.   What were the seminars like?  What were the disclosures like?
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline anythinganyone

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 09:09:28 PM »
I don't know what you mean by "disclosure".

The seminars were held every two months or so, there were seven seminars at the time I was there (although they get changed a lot, now there's six): Discovery, Focus, Parent-Child I, Principles, Parent-Child II, Keys to Success, Parent-Child III, and Parent-Child IV.  I only went through Discovery.
In the seminar, if your effort was considered inadequate or it "wasn't the right time", you would "choose out".  "Choosing out" meant essentially you were kicked out and would have to redo the seminar within the next two months.  You needed to "graduate" seminars to progress in levels, privileges, and to ultimately get out.  It was called "choosing out" because by your actions, you chose to leave and redo it next time.
 A lot of emphasis was put on the way we phrased our words.  We "choose" to do things, we never "have" to or are forced to.  There was a lot of emphasis on being accountable as opposed to being a "victim" as well.  A victim is someone who blames others for their situation or choices; they make no progress in life.  There was also the "Comfort Zone".  I have the Discovery charts somewhere in the house, and I'll get them out to refresh my memory, sorry, I forgot a lot of this.
Anyways, seminars were co-ed.  Girls sat on one side of the room and boys the  other.  We could not communicate with the opposite sex off-task or it was a cat 4 (loss of two levels with minimum points + 30 worksheet tape credits and staff buddy) and meant "choosing out"
I'll write more later; I'm not in a stellar mood and my chest hurts.