Author Topic: SAFE Orlando Fundraiser!  (Read 2356 times)

Offline schazam

• View Profile
SAFE Orlando Fundraiser!
« on: August 11, 2003, 04:14:00 PM »
Very appropriately, the terrorists are throwing a huge fundraiser for SAFE,Inc. and other similar Nazi camps on 9/11.  It will be in Orlando at the TD Waterhouse Center. 3500+ supporters are expected to attend, including Gov. Jeb Bush and Orlando Governor Buddy Dyer.  I plan on making the trip from Fort Lauderdale to try and do some damage-control and prevent the destructive spread of mass-bullshit!  I think as many of you survivors and opponents of this abuse should be there as well to voice your opinions and give moral support to the crusade against this evil tyranny which has destroyed and continues to destroy so many lives.  Please contact ISAC for more updates on this upcoming event.  I expect to hear from many of you soon!

Fresh beauty opens one's eyes wherever it is really seen, but the very abundance and completeness of the common beauty that besets our steps prevents its being absorbed and appreciated. It is a good thing, therefore, to make short excursions now and then to the bottom of the sea among dulse and coral, or up among the clouds on mountain-tops, or in balloons, or even to creep like worms into dark holes and caverns underground, not only to learn something of what is going on in those out-of-the-way places, but to see better what the sun sees on our return to common everyday beauty.
-- John Muir

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
very dog has its day!

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
SAFE Orlando Fundraiser!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2003, 10:35:00 AM »
Sound familiar?  Duh!  This was posted by me less than 3 weeks ago.  Unless you guys have a fully decked out ISAC Americruiser Bus to whisk us all up to these wonderful events, I fail to see the "newsworthiness" of this post.  I still have a class B passenger license and will donate my Motor Coach driving skills if and when you purchase the "Magic Bus."  Otherwise I don't think anyone really cares, seeing how my post only recieved a mere 6 replies back when the news was "fresh" and "Late Breaking."  I am not knocking you guys, don't get me wrong, I think your research skills are top notch.  Maybe you guys can find out more about why the Rahalls backed out of Straight in the early days, or the shady tax breaks that were afforded the parents from 1979 to 1981, or how the former Principal of Pinellas Park High School wound up on the Board of Directors.  Uncovering stuff like that can get people to take notice, because the general public obviously does'nt seem to give a damn.  They have enough on their minds with paying bills and getting by in yet another Republican backed recession, and that's just the way the big dogs want things to be.
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
SAFE Orlando Fundraiser!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2003, 11:34:00 AM »
Did you know the rahall boy J****?  Him and I went to high school together, and we hung out a bit after I got out of the Seed and before he got thrown into straight.

Also, the older brother, Randy, dated my oldest sister when I was a youngster.

Small world....

Guard with jealous attention the public Liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that Jewel. Unfortunately, Nothing will Preserve it but downright Force. Whenever you Give Up that Force, you are ruined.....The Great Object is that every man be armed.....Everyone who is able may have a gun.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1888952229/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>- Patrick Henry

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SAFE Orlando Fundraiser!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2003, 12:25:00 PM »
Is that the same Rahall family that was rich as shit and lived on the Southside of St. Pete in really rich neighborhood just of 34th Street - Broadwater Estates or something like that?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SAFE Orlando Fundraiser!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2003, 11:20:00 PM »
yes. Pop owned channel 10 under the name "rahall communications" and also wlcy radio.  The owned a big chunk of land on the water which has since been subdivided.

Any idea what happened to the son?

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
SAFE Orlando Fundraiser!
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2003, 01:55:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: 85 Day Jerk on 2003-08-25 19:52 ]
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
SAFE Orlando Fundraiser!
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2003, 09:19:00 AM »
Thanks, but we have been working together for about five years now. The fighting has all been done by the same individuals and many of us refuse to acknowledge or take part in it.

:grin:

...to disarm the people (is) the best and most effective way to enslave them...
-- George Mason

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SAFE Orlando Fundraiser!
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2003, 08:24:00 PM »
Word has it that ISAC is going to help provide transportation , see their news page, I think they are footing the bill for the flyers for the protest at the SAFE fundraiser.

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
SAFE Orlando Fundraiser!
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2003, 08:50:00 AM »
I noticed that only one or two of those charities had anything to do with drug abuse treatment. Most of them had to do with elderly and CHILDREN with incredibly bad illnesses. SAFE's there, yes, but so are a lot of other organizations that I'll bet are a lot more deserving that SAFE.

CL

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
SAFE Orlando Fundraiser!
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2003, 12:38:00 PM »
CLay, and all you others who are concerned out here.
Dont't be fooled!
At least some of the information on that website is a FRONT! Call that number for the "Senior Foundation" and your call is answered at SAFE INC.

THIS EVENT MUST BE STOPPED!!!!!!

They are seeking $1 Million out of this event!
IT is not being advertised by the Hosting Venue there in Orlando either. Jeb Bush is supposed to attend, eventhough SAFE is being investigated. Stay tuned for more info about this developing situation.

MG8 :smokin:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SAFE Orlando Fundraiser!
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2003, 04:15:00 PM »
"At least some of the information on that website is a FRONT! Call that number for the "Senior Foundation" and your call is answered at SAFE INC." -the statement by Metal God is incorrect (go figure)....I called the number and it is NOT answered by SAFE (dont know where he got that information.  Maybe he called SAFE and then yeah, it would be answered by SAFE staff).  Lots of these charities appear to do really good things for the community.  I personally think that while SAFE is a lame ass place and is highly abusive, that they in no way are a front for this charity event.  How it was explained to me is that the Senior Education Foundation initially came up with the event and is now partnering with all the other charities.  SAFE is just one of the many "charities" involved in the event.   The money raised will be split between the organizations based on a formula determined by the collective partnering organizations.  I for one am not going to "protest" this organization and I recommend that no one else do it as well.   Protesting at SAFE is another matter, I'm up for that...go do what want, but don't be misled by MetalGod (who won't be there) or the ISAC crowd.  They have no idea what they are talking about.

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
SAFE Orlando Fundraiser!
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2003, 05:32:00 PM »
OK, you want to discredit what I have said, that's fine with me. Meanwhile, The lady (Barbara) at the other end of the phone line that rang after I, Metalgod8, personally called for directions... said that the charity for charities phone had been SWITCHED to the SAFE office there in Orlando, FL the city where this event is taking place.
I am assuming at this point that this anonymous person has NOT called that number and asked for directions.
In the meantime, we can have up to 99 people there at the place without a permit. We can have signs, but the people holding the signs have to stay on the sidewalk. People handing out flyers, info, etc... can assemble peacefully at the steps there in front of the Waterhouse building.

Please do not take what I said lightly. I know for a FACT that I called that number at the bottom of that website called charityforcharities.com which is the contact number for the event. The actual physical phone that rang was INSIDE the SAFE building. Call them and ask them where is the phone located, you will see. If they switched it, it is because of impending negative attention from survivors who will choose to make the trip up/down there. Do you all really want SAFE to benefit from this event? The goal is 1 MILLION Dollars.

MG8 :smokin:

PS, I have 3 comin so far from up here, anyone down there up for a PROTEST? I spoke with the management there at TD Waterhouse, so he knows we are coming.  :eek:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SAFE Orlando Fundraiser!
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2003, 05:58:00 PM »
oh, wow - thanks for clearing that up.  Now I really believe you, and yes, i did call the phone at the bottom of the webpage and yes, I did ask if they were affilitated with SAFE and yes, I asked who came up with the idea and it wasn't SAFE.  So go ahead and protest the event.  I will not be there (don't live in florida anyway), but I would trudge my ass to Florida for a protest at SAFE.

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
SAFE Orlando Fundraiser!
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2003, 07:43:00 PM »
Right, If you are familiar with SAFE's history, and the Anchor Foundation, who is another benefactor of the event there, and couple that with the fact that they are expecting 5,000 people, what better way to spread the word?
 I am hoping people will see what is really happening, you know, like the WHOLE PICTURE, and will venture up there to help hand out some info and be willing to explain to the people who want to listen that SAFE is only part of it. There are several other programs just like it still out there. I'll miss you, glad to know you'd go to SAFE anyway, but, this will be a much bigger audience. Maybe, with enough pressure from survivors and the legitimate participants, the SAFE and Anchor people will decline their invitation.

MG8 :smokin:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
SAFE Orlando Fundraiser!
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2003, 08:28:00 PM »
On 2003-08-14 14:58:00, Anonymous wrote:

"oh, wow - thanks for clearing that up.  Now I really believe you, and yes, i did call the phone at the bottom of the webpage and yes, I did ask if they were affilitated with SAFE and yes, I asked who came up with the idea and it wasn't SAFE.  So go ahead and protest the event.  I will not be there (don't live in florida anyway), but I would trudge my ass to Florida for a protest at SAFE."

If you want to get a handle on this, please understand that Straight, SAFE, Kids, PFC, KHK, The Seed, Growing Together, Turnabout and all the descendants of Synaonon and CEDU were never the whole picture. They were all just little bits of a much bigger picture.

Would you knowingly support a charity that benefited someone like Jim Jones? Likely, most of the folks who contribute to these causes are no more guilty or ill intended than folks who give money to feed starving children in Indonesea but wind up contributing to Al Qeda. So wtf is wrong with giving these folks a heads up to the fact that their sincere contributions might be going to a cause they would not support if they only knew?

Life may have no meaning.  Or even worse, it may have a meaning of which I disapprove.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0912800909/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Ashleigh Brilliant

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes