Author Topic: Katies Story  (Read 13542 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Katies Story
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2009, 01:23:47 PM »
Quote from: "NeilW"
Geez Louise! Somehow, I just can't wrap my brain around Michael Carter saying this about his daughter, especially given his predilection for advertising his identity on the internet and disdain for "cowardly anonymous" guest posters. Plus, he has posted his avowed desire to stay out of this thread out of deference to Katie (given that this thread is her story).

Yet this person "guest2" seems to have a certain unmistakable "parental" take on this particular situation. Hmmm. This really leaves very few possible candidates... Gee, who could it be?

I'm sorry you think that. This is not Mr. Carter, nor do I know of him. I'm just responding as a parent would who has grown up being taught of right and wrong and yes a little healthy fear of my folks. And respect for others views. I don't want to sign my name as I don't want to get into a pissing match with those of you who think you need to spew venom at someone who doesn't think the way you do.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2009, 01:53:53 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Quote from: "guest2"
Femanon (and everyone), I would caution against trying to create good guys and bad guys here.  The fathers anger at seeing his daughter harmed was a natural response and he felt powerless to fix it because the person hurting his daughter was his daughter.  There are also many layers that need to be considered inwhich we don’t know about.  Adults don’t always just fall in love with someone elses children and then decide to marry the parent hoping someday they will love them too and be loved the same in return.  Most of the time it works the other way around, the adults fall in love with each other first and then hopfully learn to love the others children.  A preteen or teen having their biological mother out of the picture is hard enough but when you add a replacement it takes on a whole new set of dynamics and problems.  As you read thru the fathers blog you can see that he loves his daughter very much and would never want to see her hurt.  This is a family that has been harmed not just one individual.  If we have learned anything from reading here on fornits expending your energy on anger, spewing venom and blaming parents, staff and programs in general does not lead to recovery or healing.

The best we can hope for is that Katie can learn to understand what happened to her and her family so that she can define it, make it tangible, hold it in her hand and begin to make sense of it all and not until then can she be able to set it down and move forward.

I think we should encourage Katie to stay open minded and write her story without a predefined antagonist set upon her.

-----
Wow Neil, I thank you for a well thought out and non-venomous response. I feel like a lot of the angry responses here are from those people without children, that hopefully from their responses will NEVER procreate, and have never had tough choices other than what time to wake in the afternoon so they can sit in their parents basement on their computer and get their jollys by telling people to just kill themselves.

Maybe I've just stooped to their level here by saying that, but as a parent that has had to make tough choices, I get so tired of these people.

Geez Louise! Somehow, I just can't wrap my brain around Michael Carter saying this about his daughter, especially given his predilection for advertising his identity on the internet and disdain for "cowardly anonymous" guest posters. Plus, he has posted his avowed desire to stay out of this thread out of deference to Katie (given that this thread is her story).

Yet this person "guest2" seems to have a certain unmistakable "parental" take on this particular situation. Hmmm. This really leaves very few possible candidates... Gee, who could it be?
I'm sorry you think that. This is not Mr. Carter, nor do I know of him. I'm just responding as a parent would who has grown up being taught of right and wrong and yes a little healthy fear of my folks. And respect for others views. I don't want to sign my name as I don't want to get into a pissing match with those of you who think you need to spew venom at someone who doesn't think the way you do.

I have re-quoted the exchange since you saw fit to mis-attribute portions thereof. I most certainly wasn't implying that you were Mr. Carter.  :D

I was responding to the the specificity of the following description:

...so they can sit in their parents basement on their computer and get their jollys by telling people to just kill themselves...[/list]

Gee, now... how would you know that? Am I missing something? Did Katie ever describe the computer as being in the basement?
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline psy

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
    « Reply #32 on: April 10, 2009, 02:16:37 PM »

look.  Anybody can and does post here.  Please don't blame the whole forum for the views of a single person's suggestion.

Ps: Katie: this portion of the forum is unmoderated.  If you find it too harsh, feel free to continue this topic in the CAN forum which is moderated:
    viewforum.php?f=59
    Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
    Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
    "Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: April 10, 2009, 02:38:06 PM »
    Quote from: "Ursus"

Just fixed the quotes.  That wasnt me that posted that.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: April 10, 2009, 02:52:17 PM »
    Just fixed the quotes.  That wasnt me that posted that.

Thanks, NeilWho!  ;)
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: April 10, 2009, 02:55:36 PM »
    So what if I am a parent, does that make me bad? I come to fornits for good reasons. When a kid posts their story of what they claim happened in a program, someone needs to play devils advocate and question their story. I do this through direct confrontation, or humor. If a kid says they were sexually abused, I might make a joke about it. I know for a fact sexual abuse doesn't happen in programs, so I don't see the issue with making it into a humurous situation.
    If some kid decides to list the abuses directed against them, I might copy the list then point out which individual actions of abuse amuse me the most, and which one's are my favorites. You have to remember, abuse doesn't happen in programs. When some of you claim that it does, I know you are lying and I know pointing it out will make you upset. Then I can point out how venemous you are, and go to bed feeling like I made a difference in the world for good.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: April 10, 2009, 03:13:38 PM »
    at first i was gonna get angry then i realised thsiw as a treoll :(

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
      • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
    « Reply #37 on: April 10, 2009, 03:20:11 PM »
    So what if I am a parent, does that make me bad? I come to fornits for good reasons. When a kid posts their story of what they claim happened in a program, someone needs to play devils advocate and question their story. I do this through direct confrontation, or humor. If a kid says they were sexually abused, I might make a joke about it. I know for a fact sexual abuse doesn't happen in programs, so I don't see the issue with making it into a humurous situation.
    If some kid decides to list the abuses directed against them, I might copy the list then point out which individual actions of abuse amuse me the most, and which one's are my favorites. You have to remember, abuse doesn't happen in programs. When some of you claim that it does, I know you are lying and I know pointing it out will make you upset. Then I can point out how venemous you are, and go to bed feeling like I made a difference in the world for good.

I'm not going to get upset or angry either. In fact I am going to remain incredibly calm while I tell you Mr. Dearest Neil, that you are a sick, sick, sick fuck.
    That is all.
    -DP
    "So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
    Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
    « Reply #38 on: April 10, 2009, 03:23:09 PM »
    Quote from: "Deprogrammed"

I'm not going to get upset or angry either. In fact I am going to remain incredibly calm while I tell you Mr. Dearest Neil, that you are a sick, sick, sick fuck.
    That is all.
    -DP

Sorry everyone, a troll hijacked my name and making some havoc.  Guess thats what I get for not opening up an account.

NeilW

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    « Reply #39 on: April 10, 2009, 05:53:39 PM »
    ^^^thats what theWHO says when he realizes he crossed a line and what he says isn't going over as well as he thought.  :roflmao:

Offline psy

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #40 on: April 10, 2009, 07:39:59 PM »
    Out of respect for Katie, perhaps we can wait stay on-topic...  Just a kind request.
    "Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    « Reply #41 on: April 10, 2009, 07:49:22 PM »
    Quote from: "psy"
    Out of respect for Katie, perhaps we can wait stay on-topic...  Just a kind request.

Yes, ignore Who.

Ugh.

I don't know….Whos bad enough…But I really cannot understand how her own parents could be so abusive, and so immaturely self-interested.

It’s interesting that Castle mentioned being brainwashed into idolizing his dad.

I believe these programs tend to generate a ‘Stockholm syndrome’ style connection to program-parents.

Worse, the kids get out of these organizations so debilitated they become dependant on their parents to an unnatural extent, sometimes trapping them in dependence and therefore a Stockholm syndrome like attachment to their parents for years (Jackie Walters)

Katie, I really recommend joining the lawsuit to help with your independence, something you should be further along with now—and would have been had you not been incarcerated and tortured/brainwashed throughout your entire adolescence—I can promise you, justice  is the best cure for depression and ptsd!

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
    « Reply #42 on: April 10, 2009, 08:06:30 PM »
    Thanks psy, just a thought, What may serve two purposes is to have a thread opened on the CAN (moderated thread) and post Katies installments there as well as on this one (un-moderated thread).  This way her story would not be buried within pages of reaction to each of her installments and would make it easier for first time readers to catch up and follow.  If Katie agrees to it.

NeilW

Offline psy

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #43 on: April 10, 2009, 08:08:17 PM »
    I'll let her start a thread in CAN if she feels it necessary.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    « Reply #44 on: April 10, 2009, 08:17:07 PM »
    Quote from: "Guest"
    Quote from: "psy"

Katie, I really recommend joining the lawsuit to help with your independence, something you should be further along with now—and would have been had you not been incarcerated and tortured/brainwashed throughout your entire adolescence—I can promise you, justice  is the best cure for depression and ptsd!
    http://www.turleylaw.com/