Author Topic: HELP for my high school dropout  (Read 4294 times)

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
Re: HELP for my high school dropout
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 04:06:57 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
its easy to focus on projecting our own missed opportunities on this girl, but come on, there is only one sentence of importance in her entire paragraph.

Quote from: "wonderwoman2112"
She moved back home with us 6 months ago, but she has not been able to move forward in any positive direction.  

only solution is to get the heck away from her family. if not, she might end up in a strange dysfunctional relationship like pam and her kid. you know birds, nests.. making them fly and all that.

well maybe shes just not ready for that... considering the economic crisis I'm sure its not easy for an 18 year old to go at it alone. if her mother is willing to send her away to college then this girl should jump at the chance.

we dont know anything about this girl and her mothers relationship, it could be good or it could be bad but that was not the subject of this post... shes looking for advice and asking people she knows have been through what she is going through right now. I intend to tell her what I SHOULD have done when I was at the same juncture. Your thoughts on college might be different but telling this girl to flee the home is really not competent advice.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 04:15:07 PM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
its easy to focus on projecting our own missed opportunities on this girl, but come on, there is only one sentence of importance in her entire paragraph.

She moved back home with us 6 months ago, but she has not been able to move forward in any positive direction.  

only solution is to get the heck away from her family. if not, she might end up in a strange dysfunctional relationship like pam and her kid. you know birds, nests.. making them fly and all that.

well maybe shes just not ready for that... considering the economic crisis I'm sure its not easy for an 18 year old to go at it alone. if her mother is willing to send her away to college then this girl should jump at the chance.

we dont know anything about this girl and her mothers relationship, it could be good or it could be bad but that was not the subject of this post... shes looking for advice and asking people she knows have been through what she is going through right now. I intend to tell her what I SHOULD have done when I was at the same juncture. Your thoughts on college might be different but telling this girl to flee the home is really not competent advice.

thats why she should cut the kid the check. if this parent wants to send her kid to some other city then hey, thats great. the further, the better. but living with your former jailer of a parent? thats just a recipe for problems, take for example those miss auntie pam blog posts in the wasp forum.  or she can remain at home with her busybody mom making posts about her on fornits into her twenties and endure the emotional angst which accompanies that. to me the best antidote to the taking of freedom is to set yourself free.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 04:24:18 PM »

thats why she should cut the kid the check. if this parent wants to send her kid to some other city then hey, thats great. the further, the better. but living with your former jailer of a parent? thats just a recipe for problems, take for example those miss auntie pam blog posts in the wasp forum.  or she can remain at home with her busybody mom making posts about her on fornits into her twenties and endure the emotional angst which accompanies that. to me the best antidote to the taking of freedom is to set yourself free.

while i agree that her time would be better spent living in student housing, that wasn't the question here. I say go to college, better yet send her off to a different city for college, or move out with friends, but you say cut a check and bounce and I just don't see that option as being more appropriate when considering her future.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 04:39:31 PM »
while i agree that her time would be better spent living in student housing, that wasn't the question here. I say go to college, better yet send her off to a different city for college, or move out with friends, but you say cut a check and bounce and I just don't see that option as being more appropriate when considering her future.

well i left my crystal ball in my car so i can't consider what is appropriate for someone's future i never met. i am going on what this mother said.

STRIKE 1-wilderness parent
STRIKE 2- program parent    
STRIKE 3-kids 'problem' returns mysteriously when they live with family
STRIKE 4- coming to fornits for parenting advice
STRIKE 5 - repeats the phrase "non-traditional" so much you want to bash your skull in

most people are better able to figure out their futures for themselves. manipulative, scheming parents are not better equipped to decide what to do with their kid.  we dont know what reasons the kid was sent away, but for whatever reason, wilderness and "TBS" imprisonment are about as wrong of a choice for a solution as you can get. that shows me this parent is adept at picking the wrong  solution, as well as looking for solutions to problems which do not exist. so why keep going back to the well for a drink once it's been poisoned?

the mom might think that art school is what this kid wants. but, im willing to bet this mother doesn't know her daughter really well, or what her priorities are. this mom can keep trying to create a life for a daughter who doesn't exist, based on incorrect assumptions and romantic notions of reconciliation, yet it will only exist in her own head. fakeness, unreal expectations and putting on a show... well at least this kid got plenty of practice.

btw i wonder how much money this mom spent on all her daughters program adventures. probably enough to pay her kids rent and bills for a couple years. oh, but no... it wasnt a waste.  :wall:

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2009, 04:43:47 PM »

well i left my crystal ball in my car so i can't consider what is appropriate for someone's future i never met. i am going on what this mother said.

STRIKE 1-wilderness parent
STRIKE 2- program parent    
STRIKE 3-kids 'problem' returns mysteriously when they live with family
STRIKE 4- coming to fornits for parenting advice
STRIKE 5 - repeats the phrase "non-traditional" so much you want to bash your skull in

most people are better able to figure out their futures for themselves. manipulative, scheming parents are not better equipped to decide what to do with their kid.  we dont know what reasons the kid was sent away, but for whatever reason, wilderness and "TBS" imprisonment are about as wrong of a choice for a solution as you can get. that shows me this parent is adept at picking the wrong  solution, as well as looking for solutions to problems which do not exist. so why keep going back to the well for a drink once it's been poisoned?

the mom might think that art school is what this kid wants. but, im willing to bet this mother doesn't know her daughter really well, or what her priorities are. this mom can keep trying to create a life for a daughter who doesn't exist, based on incorrect assumptions and romantic notions of reconciliation, yet it will only exist in her own head. fakeness, unreal expectations and putting on a show... well at least this kid got plenty of practice.

btw i wonder how much money this mom spent on all her daughters program adventures. probably enough to pay her kids rent and bills for a couple years. oh, but no... it wasnt a waste.  :wall:

Fair enough. I dont dissagree with your logic. I just think if the mom is willing to pay for art school she should take it. we all know this mom wont just cut a check.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2009, 04:49:38 PM »
we all know this mom wont just cut a check.

of that i have no doubt. i agree with you if you can get free art school then i would too. as long as your parent didnt hold it over your head, which a lot of parents tend to do. but if a kid is willing to play that game to get school paid for who is to blame them.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2009, 04:59:31 PM »
I support the strategy that she needs college, but can she adapt to college without transition?

I doubt it and that's why I suggested that she gets a stressfree period where there is no programs.

She also needs a motivation to take her GED. People up in Frederikssund are down to earth. Send her there or to one one of the other folk high schools some weeks.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2009, 05:03:47 PM »
If we are taking La Europa, we are talking level systems in a kind of downscaled WWASP edition.

She needs a break in a total other environment before she can adapt to all the temptations in college.

Offline wonderwoman2112

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2009, 07:08:32 PM »
Ok---I've had about enough of you people and your bullshit.  You don't know what the f*** you are talking about. You've never met us and you don't know our situation.  Yes, I sent my daughter to wilderness 2yrs ago---an experience that she, to this day, will tell you was one of the highlights of her life.  Yes, I sent my daughter to a TBS. She hated it, we figured out what was really going on there and she came home.  She moved in with her 20 yr old boyfriend and dropped out of high school, against our wishes, but  WITH our knowledge AND our continued support.  We have never stopped talking. She ASKED to move home because SHE wanted to be here.  Since moving home, she is finally free of the abusive boyfriend and has been able to hold down a job, something she couldn't do while living with him and his drama.  We have made absolutely no demands on her while she tries to figure it all out.  She comes and goes as she pleases and we don't ask questions. She has lots of friends and is generally happy, but can't figure out what to do next.  SHE is the one committed to going to art school.  If I had my choice, I would encourage her to do something like Americorps and travel and experience other people and places, but she tells me that is not what SHE wants.  To this day, I remain committed to helping her in any way she asks, and guess what----she asked me to help with finding the right school.  I turned to you because I thought you, of all groups of people, would be dedicated to the cause of helping a kid whose been through hell and back.  How wrong I was!!!!  And what kind of absolute pathetic, parasitic worm goes googling names and looking up videos. You all assert how victimized kids like my daughter have been because of parents like me.  How do you think she would feel about complete strangers playing detective games to figure out who she is.  Pathetic. Nauseatingly pathetic.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2009, 07:26:49 PM »
 And what kind of absolute pathetic, parasitic worm goes googling names and looking up videos. You all assert how victimized kids like my daughter have been because of parents like me.  How do you think she would feel about complete strangers playing detective games to figure out who she is.  Pathetic. Nauseatingly pathetic.

Anne-

You know what's pathetic? The fact you go on the internet and tell any random person all about your daughter, and then blame others for your decision to do so. You are also dumb enough to use the same username for multiple websites, you must have missed basic internets 101. I would like to know how your daughter feels about you coming onto random internet sites and asking for advice about her. YOU posted her information, just because someone googled it doesn't take away from the fact it's 100% your responsibility for any information you post about your family on the internet.

You aren't the first program parent to do this. Program parents could care less about their children's privacy, they only need to fulfill their selfish desire to fix a problem that doesn't exist. I hope your daughter moves far away from you. The negativity of your presence emanates across the internet so deeply I can feel it here.

Since you are 40, you must of had her young. Do you think that has anything to do with it? Is her dad still around? I'm going to guess no. Big surprise there...  :roflmao:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2009, 07:32:33 PM »
Ok---I've had about enough of you people and your bullshit.  You don't know what the f*** you are talking about. You've never met us and you don't know our situation.  Yes, I sent my daughter to wilderness 2yrs ago---an experience that she, to this day, will tell you was one of the highlights of her life.  Yes, I sent my daughter to a TBS. She hated it, we figured out what was really going on there and she came home.  She moved in with her 20 yr old boyfriend and dropped out of high school, against our wishes, but  WITH our knowledge AND our continued support.  We have never stopped talking. She ASKED to move home because SHE wanted to be here.  Since moving home, she is finally free of the abusive boyfriend and has been able to hold down a job, something she couldn't do while living with him and his drama.  We have made absolutely no demands on her while she tries to figure it all out.  She comes and goes as she pleases and we don't ask questions. She has lots of friends and is generally happy, but can't figure out what to do next.  SHE is the one committed to going to art school.  If I had my choice, I would encourage her to do something like Americorps and travel and experience other people and places, but she tells me that is not what SHE wants.  To this day, I remain committed to helping her in any way she asks, and guess what----she asked me to help with finding the right school.  I turned to you because I thought you, of all groups of people, would be dedicated to the cause of helping a kid whose been through hell and back.  How wrong I was!!!!  And what kind of absolute pathetic, parasitic worm goes googling names and looking up videos. You all assert how victimized kids like my daughter have been because of parents like me.  How do you think she would feel about complete strangers playing detective games to figure out who she is.  Pathetic. Nauseatingly pathetic.

Did she go to WT willingly, or was she kidnapped? Did she go to the TBS willingly or was she kidnapped? If she went willingly, i dont think most people will have a problem with you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2009, 07:34:49 PM »
 And what kind of absolute pathetic, parasitic worm goes googling names and looking up videos. You all assert how victimized kids like my daughter have been because of parents like me.  How do you think she would feel about complete strangers playing detective games to figure out who she is.  Pathetic. Nauseatingly pathetic.

Anne-

You know what's pathetic? The fact you go on the internet and tell any random person all about your daughter, and then blame others for your decision to do so. You are also dumb enough to use the same username for multiple websites, you must have missed basic internets 101. I would like to know how your daughter feels about you coming onto random internet sites and asking for advice about her. YOU posted her information, just because someone googled it doesn't take away from the fact it's 100% your responsibility for any information you post about your family on the internet.

You aren't the first program parent to do this. Program parents could care less about their children's privacy, they only need to fulfill their selfish desire to fix a problem that doesn't exist. I hope your daughter moves far away from you. The negativity of your presence emanates across the internet so deeply I can feel it here.

Since you are 40, you must of had her young. Do you think that has anything to do with it? Is her dad still around? I'm going to guess no. Big surprise there...  :roflmao:

i dont think this is ann. Do you mean Ottawa Anne? No, this woman seems pretty different..SANE is the word i might use, a word i would, of course,  never use for anne.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2009, 04:22:55 PM »
Ottawa Anne

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 12:05:40 AM »
BTW. Real artists , you know people who can actually make a living for it, dont need school. School studies them and regurgitates imitators, why do that to yourself? seriously, cut the girl a check and call it a day.

Lol.. Ok. I guess Andy Warhol doesn't count, then. (Carnegie Melon)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009, 01:33:20 AM »
All art is quite useless