Author Topic: HELP for my high school dropout  (Read 4295 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: HELP for my high school dropout
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2009, 02:51:45 AM »
From the other thread

There are thousands of parents out there, myself one, who got suckered into the whole TBS thing and regret it mightily. So how do we get past it and help our kids now if the only responses we get are condemnations. It's ya'll that don't have these kids well-being at heart---you just want to bash away at Mom and Dad. Well, Mom and Dad are painfully aware of the mistakes they made.

I'm in the same boat wonder woman. I recently got suckered into this whole industry myself.

Alberta Adolescent Recovery Center, AARC, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

My son has been out for a number of months now. Biggest mistake of my life. If he ever forgives me, I know I won't forgive myself.

These places are like vampires, sucking the life, love and trust out of your family, all while lining their pockets. Interesting how we parents find fornits AFTER the industry has a grip on our lives! I would have ran as fast as possible in the opposite direction had I seen this info prior to making that phone call!

In hindsight, all I can really say is, you can't find your daughter's path, you can't "Help" her find her path. She needs to find her OWN path. Try to rebuild the trust in your relationship, be there to support her and listen to her. Personally, I think if they need to drift for a bit while they sort it all out, that's ok! Like someone else said, they're young, and it's a time to make and learn from mistakes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2009, 12:54:44 PM »
Quote from: "A mom"
Interesting how we parents find fornits AFTER the industry has a grip on our lives! I would have ran as fast as possible in the opposite direction had I seen this info prior to making that phone call!

Not all parents. Wonderwoman was here asking about programs in 2007. I can only assume that she sent her kid to a program anyways, based on the information in this thread and wonderwoman's older posts. Click on her username and then find users posts and you can see for yourself, this particular parent was not duped. Wonderwoman found fornits before using a program, and looks like fornits was right because now she's back saying the program didn't work.

Offline wonderwoman2112

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2009, 07:40:13 PM »
"Not all parents. Wonderwoman was here asking about programs in 2007. I can only assume that she sent her kid to a program anyways, based on the information in this thread and wonderwoman's older posts. Click on her username and then find users posts and you can see for yourself, this particular parent was not duped. Wonderwoman found fornits before using a program, and looks like fornits was right because now she's back saying the program didn't work."

Wrong again, guest.  I found fornits AFTER she started the TBS, when I started to become disenfranchised and skeptical with the program and started searching the web for answers.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2009, 08:04:49 PM »
You never answered if you paid to have someone kidnapp your daughter to compel her to particpate in forced march therapy (wilderness) or incarceration therapy(TBS)
Will you be so kind as to do so? Just curious

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2009, 08:49:58 PM »
If you are here for answers why don't you utilize the PM function and PM those with screen names who seem inclined to give you useful advice? I could care less myself as you probably have already seen my suggestions in the CAN forum.

let her go..