Author Topic: PChAD legislation in Alberta  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
PChAD legislation in Alberta
« on: April 04, 2009, 08:59:04 PM »
Under the PChAD legislation, which took effect in Alberta on July 1, 2006, your child can be confined to a protective safe house for a maximum of five days.

In order to place your child in the PChAD program:

You must file an application with the Provincial Court of Alberta, Family Court. To learn how, call the Provincial Court Services or contact your lawyer.
You must notify AADAC of the application to the court by calling the phone number that appears on the Guide for Applicants Seeking Orders under the Protection of Children Abusing Drugs Act.
You must then advise AADAC if the court order was granted. At that time, we will inform you of the location of the protective safe house where your child should be taken.

If your child is confined in a protective safe house under a PChAD court order, he/she will be advised:

that he/she has the right to contact Legal Aid or a lawyer;
why he/she has been confined;
how long his/her confinement will last;
that he/she has the right to ask the court for a review of the confinement order and will be given a Request for Review form; and
that if a Request for Review is filed with the court, it will be reviewed within a day.
It is important to note that your child has a right to appeal the confinement and apprehension order at any time. If he/she makes a request for review and it is heard, the court may make an order confirming, varying or terminating the original order. The court cannot extend the period of confinement set by the original order.

... I guess some people are just above the law.  :deal:

http://www.aadac.com/565_532.asp
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: PChAD legislation in Alberta
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 10:30:40 PM »
i'll never forget my first day in aarc, when they told me that i would be there for one year. i couldn't believe it. i'd never committed a crime and i knew that i wasn't addicted. All i could think for the first few weeks was "this can't be happening, this can't be happening..." Now i know that it should never have happened at all.
At first i thought that their methods were weird (other kids in charge of me who ridiculed me, laughed at me when I said i wasn't an addict or didnt' understand their aarc mumbo jumbo) and cruel (calling us losers, sluts, failures, etc). But I thought that aarc staff were professionals and that must just be how you treat addiction. Now I know that they weren't professionals and they didn't know what they were doing, which explains why aarc turned me into a social moron who was terrified of anyone who had never been through aarc. But after 19 months of brainwashing, i believed that all of the pain and anxiety i felt was because of my disease, and i just needed to work my program better.
When aarc grads say that aarc gave them life skills that most adults don't have, i wonder if any of them really believe that. Life skills.. like social skills, critical thinking skills, a healthy sense of self??? No way. I was a social moron, an A.A. robot, who's entire sense of self was based on a disease i never had.  
Even if kids weren't violated, raped, physically abused (and they are) it's still a destructive program run by untrained staff.

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 01:32:22 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
i'll never forget my first day in aarc, when they told me that i would be there for one year. i couldn't believe it. i'd never committed a crime and i knew that i wasn't addicted. All i could think for the first few weeks was "this can't be happening, this can't be happening..." Now i know that it should never have happened at all.
At first i thought that their methods were weird (other kids in charge of me who ridiculed me, laughed at me when I said i wasn't an addict or didnt' understand their aarc mumbo jumbo) and cruel (calling us losers, sluts, failures, etc). But I thought that aarc staff were professionals and that must just be how you treat addiction. Now I know that they weren't professionals and they didn't know what they were doing, which explains why aarc turned me into a social moron who was terrified of anyone who had never been through aarc. But after 19 months of brainwashing, i believed that all of the pain and anxiety i felt was because of my disease, and i just needed to work my program better.
When aarc grads say that aarc gave them life skills that most adults don't have, i wonder if any of them really believe that. Life skills.. like social skills, critical thinking skills, a healthy sense of self??? No way. I was a social moron, an A.A. robot, who's entire sense of self was based on a disease i never had.  
Even if kids weren't violated, raped, physically abused (and they are) it's still a destructive program run by untrained staff.

Well said.
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 02:01:58 AM »
Quote from: "wdtony"
Quote from: "Guest"

Well said.

Indeed, and the same is true for many other programs. Many program parents think just because their kid wasn't physically tortured that they weren't abused but that is so far from the truth. Psychological abuse may not leave bruises or cuts, but it does leave scars. Scars that survivors live with forever.

I just don't understand why the fact that these programs are illegally imprisoning kids, "treating" them with "Tough Love" methods completely void of any medical or psychological background and hire untrained staff to do so, isn't enough to realize that this is NOT an alternative to proper parenting.

:soapbox:    WAKE UP PEOPLE!
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline anonAARCgrad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 10:22:48 AM »
Even if PCHAD legislation is not used, coercion is certainly present. Most "clients" are threatened with abandonment, unable to see family members. They are young, have no work experience, little schooling etc. A staff member will stand in front of the door and refuse to move, provoking an "assault" so the "client" can then be charged - I did it myself while on staff. If the "client" manages to leave, the family is welcomed to stay and testify to the disease stealing their child.

PCHAD just enshrines the process AARC pioneered in Alberta.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 11:19:18 AM »
You must file an application with the Provincial Court of Alberta, Family Court. To learn how, call the Provincial Court Services or contact your lawyer.
You must notify AADAC of the application to the court by calling the phone number that appears on the Guide for Applicants Seeking Orders under the Protection of Children Abusing Drugs Act.
You must then advise AADAC if the court order was granted. At that time, we will inform you of the location of the protective safe house where your child should be taken.

5 days = Free but a lengthy process

OR

You can ambush or abduct your child and make it to the AARC parking lot, AARC graduates will "Take it from there"

You can either pay for these services yourself $50,000 or ask Child Welfare to pay for you. If you want to put their brothers and sisters through too, all the better.

1 year = $50,000 and your soul

Take your pick