Author Topic: My English is bad, but .....  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
My English is bad, but .....
« on: April 03, 2009, 04:19:13 PM »
I simply dont understand this testimonial page:

"With ABC CPA Inc. as our accountants, we simply do not have to take care of business or accounting aspects of our practice. They do it all!" -- Dr. John Doe

"Wonderful location, immaculately prepared food, a warm and gracious welcome - perfect!"

Mary Johnson, Anytown

"Andy at S&A Auto Services took care of our car when I needed a quick service and he found that we needed another service. He called me first before starting work and didn't over charge me!"

S.Jones, New York

Is it just me or did they "loan" the source-code for the webpage from a firm outside the industry and are still struggling to understand what they have got in their hand?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: My English is bad, but .....
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 05:54:45 AM »
It's like a default lorem ipsum, but they never bothered to change it.  The same "testimonials" are on all sorts of pages all over the web.  One example:
http://www.helluvahunt.com/contactus.html

just google one of those phrases in quotes and you get quite a few hits.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 01:14:38 AM »
According to B.U.Y.A.'s homepage, "community service" is listed as one of the activities used to "change the destructive behavior" of at-risk youth. Perhaps those organizations quoted above are manned almost entirely by B.U.Y.A. kids?

;D  :D  LOL, I'm pulling your leg.

Actually, as Psy says, it would appear to be some sort of website template (if I understand it correctly). See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

Check out THIS page for an exact and complete replicate of the "testimonials" page quoted above in the OP, or do a search for "ABC CPA Inc"... you'll find quite a few more. Judging by the CACHED versus CURRENT version of said testimonial page for Wanda's Easy Music, I seem to have caught Wanda in the process of replacing the dummy testimonials with real ones.

I'm sure that B.U.Y.A. will be replacing those "testimonials" with real ones too, once they get some.

Their current homepage (still needs a little proofreading):

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

B.U.Y.A. Youth Intervention Program
BUILDING UNIQUE YOUTH ALTERNATIVES - A NON PROFIT FOUNDATION

The BUYA program is an intense ten week youth intervention program designed to change the destructive behavior of strong-willed, out of control or at-risk youth. The program is about choices and consequences and focuses on the development of: integrity positive discipline, responsibility, self-respect and self-esteem.

The program is delivered by retired, active and reserve Police Officers, Members of the Armed Forces and Volunteers. This is accomplished through classroom lectures, guest speakers, physical training, community service and mentoring.

What is a Stong Willed, Out of Control or At-Risk Youth?
A child is involved in truancy, graffiti, gang activity or is a runaway. Uses or experiments with drugs. Disrespectful to their parents, teachers, family members or other authorities.

Truancy: A child who is not attending the required amount of school days set forth by the individual school district, county or state standard. This activity keeps the child from moving to the next grade or graduation.

Graffiti: A child who is causing physical damage to property belonging to another, which in turn will cost the property owner thousands of dollars in repairs. This will also cost the parents hundreds of dollars in court costs and restitution to the property owner.

Runaway: A child who is leaving the home environment without the parent's permission or knowledge. This activity creates a large amount of paperwork and many man-hours for law enforcement and the juvenile courts.

Drugs: A child who is causing harm to themselves, by experimenting with or using any controlled substance. When a child uses or experiments with drugs it creates an easy path for the child to be truant, get involved in Graffiti, Gangs or become a Runaway.

Gangs: A child who is either in a gang or associates with gang members. This type of activity leads to many contacts with the Police or possible arrests. It also creates a false sense of security for the child. In many cases a child joins or hangs out with a gang to have a sense of belonging and in some cases a sense of love.

B.U.Y.A.
Building Unique Youth Alternatives

A Non-Profit Foundation
755 Ardilla Ave.
La Puente, CA 91746

Phone: 626.931.2813 Phone: 626.931.2837 Fax: 626.931.2855
Copyright 2008 - All Rights Reserved
e-mail: [email protected]

Offline Jasmine Velazquez

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 10:14:43 PM »
BUYA is an unlicensed, abusive program. They have no therapeutic staff, or anyone properly trained to help these kids..in fact, their staff consists of people posing as marines and medics. They claim to be a "day" camp, but they take children to Camp Pendleton for a week. I know they abuse the teens because I was one of those teens. Thankfully, I contacted CAFETY and they removed me from the program and started an investigation. Many other victims have reached out for help, especially recently..

Check out CAFETY.org or find them on myspace or facebook.

Care, not coercion.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 12:13:35 AM »
Quote from: "Jasmine Velazquez"
BUYA is an unlicensed, abusive program. They have no therapeutic staff, or anyone properly trained to help these kids..in fact, their staff consists of people posing as marines and medics. They claim to be a "day" camp, but they take children to Camp Pendleton for a week. I know they abuse the teens because I was one of those teens. Thankfully, I contacted CAFETY and they removed me from the program and started an investigation. Many other victims have reached out for help, especially recently..

Check out CAFETY.org or find them on myspace or facebook.

Care, not coercion.
Thanks for updating the thread, Jasmine!

Can you tell us a bit more about what you considered abusive? What do you mean when you say "their staff consists of people posing as marines and medics?" Are these people, in fact, not marines nor medics yet claim to be?

What happens on the visit to Camp Pendleton? What was your daily schedule like?