Author Topic: blog of a program parent  (Read 28095 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: blog of a program parent
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2009, 12:18:01 PM »
Quote from: "Mike Carter"
Diane and I were given a great gift in the adult seminars, graduating Discovery, Focus, and the Keys to Success to become Keyholders, though because the actual 'keys' are now given out only at PC IV we will never receive ours. Giving her brothers the opportunity to go to Discovery, and Focus for the younger ones (coming up next month at the Youth Leadership Camp they will be attending) will, I hope, help them as they get older.
Quote from: "Guest"
btw, is "discovery" a wwasp lgat or aspen? I don’t know.
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
BTW yes Discovery is a WWASP LGAT seminar.

David Gilcrease, a former Lifespring facilitator and current Founder/CEO of Resource Realizations aka Premier Educational Systems, would be the source for the Discovery seminar. Whether he is the original source, I don't know.

Resource Realizations facilitates the parent seminars for WWASP, and Gilcrease himself used to be involved in some of the student seminars there as well. Do a search on this forum for Gilcrease Discovery, and you should come up with a number of posts.

Hyde School also has a seminar called Discovery Group, which they have been holding for about 40 years. Although they didn't used to call it Discovery Group back in my time, it is still the same seminar. It could be described as similar to, but not the same as, that put on by WWASP. For one thing, it's shorter, and it takes place every week. Plus, Joe Gauld dispensed with some of the props and some of the role-playing.

The version which takes place over Family Weekends and FLCs is different, however; that is a three-day affair with bells and whistles. And recently, Hyde has chosen to introduce the "Hyde-Hoffman Process." What form that will take is anybody's guess. The Hoffman Quadrinity Process is an LGAT with its roots in both Lifespring and est, along with some psycho-babble about reuniting with your inner child.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2009, 12:30:08 PM »
Quote from: "psy"

Look.  They're WWASP parents, which immediately says something (i.e. not exactly brightest bulbs in the pack... or just plum incredibly naive).

Hear this Miss Antsy Pam? This is what people really think about you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2009, 12:43:08 PM »
^^^  :guesswho:

LOLOLOL

Sidetracking, obfuscation, circular reasoning, attempts to pit survivors against one another, etc.

IGNORE him.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2009, 12:51:02 PM »

Look.  They're WWASP parents, which immediately says something (i.e. not exactly brightest bulbs in the pack... or just plum incredibly naive).

If you asked her, I think you'd hear a similar opinion from her regarding parents who kept their kids in the program.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2009, 01:18:55 PM »
Quote from: "Michael C Carter and diane carter torture their daughter, Katie Carter, and want to make money by tortuing your kid"
DEC
"COME CLEAN IN ORANGE"
Katie is back in orange. She got a Cat 4, then several more, and did a "Come Clean", where she basically gets caught up on all the cats she should have written herself up on. So she still has some 85 tape credits yet to go since this weekend.

Translation:

She must have broken a rule like... cussing or it could be a "self inflicted injury" (which could be popping a zit) and then when she got caught for this act they interrogated her (most likely 3 upperlevels and a staff member) and forced her to admit to things in the past she may or may not have done that could have resulted in consequences. (if we are going on the zit popping injury they probably forced her to admit that she pops her zits all the time, and also pulls her arm hairs out) I dunno that's really just a guess, but its very possible that it could be a super un-dramatic thing that has been deemed to fit into a cat 4 category. For all I know though, she could be trying to kill herself or run away but they are obviously making her admit she did many other things besides that. I do think however that if it was something as serious as that the parents would mention it as such instead of just calling whatever she may have done a cat 4, that's what makes me suspicious that it wasn't a big deal, but it was dramatized to them to make it seem like it was.

I knew a girl who got a cat 4 for telling her mom the truth about what happened in R&R (restriction room) and I have seen cat 4's given out for stealing extra food, writing phone numbers or lists of clothes (deemed to be runaway plans) I've also seen kids get cat 4's for "blatant rule violation" which could literally be anything.

You cannot just have kids running around breaking all the rules no matter how silly of a rule they are.  I remember not being able to chew gum in school or talk in the hallways, how silly is that?  But them were the rules, if we broke them we paid the price.  If they dont want you to write a "clothes list" then dont write one!!  Its not the end of the world.  Maybe she likes "Orange" who knows.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2009, 03:23:28 PM »

If you asked her, I think you'd hear a similar opinion from her regarding parents who kept their kids in the program.

So if you keep your kid in a WWASP program for three months, that makes you different from the rest? What is the timeline a parent must cross to make them part of your WWASP parent generalization? 4 months? 12 months?

You had it right the first time. Any parent who even considers WWASP being a good idea for their kid, is not exactly the brightest bulb in the pack, and that is putting it very generously. A more accurate description might be selfish, stupid, abusive, self pitying, nincompoop of a parent with more money than sense.

My own personal timeline is 5 minutes. If you drop your kid off at a WWASP facility and can't figure out how horrible it is, then your description, and mine definitely apply. If you didn't drop your kid off, and utilized the services of paid kidnappers, well then you automatically lose the game of parenthood.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2009, 03:59:09 PM »
We need to also remember that any kid who is dumb enough to push their parents to the point of spending the childs inheritance to send them away deserves what they get.  We all know they had plenty of warning of what was coming down the tracks.  Most these kids aren’t exactly future CEO material, but they should have been smart enough to avoid the placement.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2009, 04:01:21 PM »
Quote from: "DontForget"
We need to also remember that any kid who is dumb enough to push their parents to the point of spending the childs inheritance to send them away deserves what they get.  We all know they had plenty of warning of what was coming down the tracks.  Most these kids aren’t exactly future CEO material, but they should have been smart enough to avoid the placement.

TheWho, you really need to get some new material.  :beat:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2009, 04:03:12 PM »
lol. Look how  staff and program parents really think of the kids they are "helping"/"punishing": The kids are dumb

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2009, 04:06:26 PM »
lol. Look how  staff and program parents really think of the kids they are "helping"/"punishing": The kids are dumb

TheWho, you went kind of overboard on the attempt to switch your grammar. A little more subtle next time, and people might bite.  ^-^

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2009, 04:24:41 PM »

psy, femanon, did you call these people yet? iTS IMPORTANT to get in touch with katie. she's been out only months and she can easily sue or press criminal charges at this point..if she's empowered. So get crackin, you!

not computer literate so dont know how to pull up immediate home addresses, but i assume you do. here's work phone:
http://www.bighillgmac.com/dcarter

Diane Carter
Sales Associate
Your Friendly Neighborhood Agent

Office:  937-435-2267 ext. 134
Cell:  (937) 307-5406
Fax:  (937) 435-2790
Voice Mail:  (937) 435-1177 x134

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2009, 04:26:45 PM »

Whats even funnier is that the kids are told the rules and the consequences yet they bitch when they are put into Orange jump suits... "Duh, why I am forced to wear this I wonder?  This is abusive, I look terrible in orange! I only broke a few silly rules."

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2009, 04:38:22 PM »
Quote from: "NeilW"
Quote from: "Michael C Carter and diane carter torture their daughter, Katie Carter, and want to make money by tortuing your kid"
DEC
"COME CLEAN IN ORANGE"
Katie is back in orange. She got a Cat 4, then several more, and did a "Come Clean", where she basically gets caught up on all the cats she should have written herself up on. So she still has some 85 tape credits yet to go since this weekend.

Translation:

She must have broken a rule like... cussing or it could be a "self inflicted injury" (which could be popping a zit) and then when she got caught for this act they interrogated her (most likely 3 upperlevels and a staff member) and forced her to admit to things in the past she may or may not have done that could have resulted in consequences. (if we are going on the zit popping injury they probably forced her to admit that she pops her zits all the time, and also pulls her arm hairs out) I dunno that's really just a guess, but its very possible that it could be a super un-dramatic thing that has been deemed to fit into a cat 4 category. For all I know though, she could be trying to kill herself or run away but they are obviously making her admit she did many other things besides that. I do think however that if it was something as serious as that the parents would mention it as such instead of just calling whatever she may have done a cat 4, that's what makes me suspicious that it wasn't a big deal, but it was dramatized to them to make it seem like it was.

I knew a girl who got a cat 4 for telling her mom the truth about what happened in R&R (restriction room) and I have seen cat 4's given out for stealing extra food, writing phone numbers or lists of clothes (deemed to be runaway plans) I've also seen kids get cat 4's for "blatant rule violation" which could literally be anything.

You cannot just have kids running around breaking all the rules no matter how silly of a rule they are.  I remember not being able to chew gum in school or talk in the hallways, how silly is that?  But them were the rules, if we broke them we paid the price.  If they dont want you to write a "clothes list" then dont write one!!  Its not the end of the world.  Maybe she likes "Orange" who knows.

Maybe if the rules were clear, precise and specific that wouldn't happen. No one sat down with me and explained the thousands of "rules" that were enforced... you were expected to learn as you go by either watching people get those consequences or getting them yourself. But what I said was that MANY normal things can be CONSIDERED a rule violation or set into a violation category and what was the ever most frustrating is that the things "considered" as rules were really just normal human behavior, you weren't really doing anything wrong. For instance, self injury seems pretty straight forward right? wrong! you could get self injury for any number of things that were realistically not injuring yourself. and don't even get me started on blatant rule violation! I once got one for looking at my reflection in a puddle, where in the rule book did it ever say I was not allowed to look at a puddle? The real problem here is that generation after generation of upper levels have been making up their own rules, if not to save face with the other upperlevels than simply out of spite or sport. The rules in the hand book and the rules you were actually punished for were on two completely different levels. That's what was so frustrating about it all, it really seemed like they were just trigger happy to give out consequences and would take any minimal thing, and twist it around to be a rule violation. Because it was literally the job of the upper level to be "out to get you" this corruption only grew more pronounced until these demi rules became common assumption.

I'm not saying that kids should not follow rules, however I don't think that other kids should be enforcing those rules, it leaves lots of room for things to go wrong. Besides, their parents are not paying the other students to keep their kids in line, they are paying the program, meaning the program staff should keep that responsibility. But we all know this was just another ploy to save money on qualified staff and just force the kids to do it for free.  :bs:

What a program parent doesn't care to understand is that there is SO MUCH under the surface that just cant be fathomed unless seen, and when the parents are in the habit of discrediting anything a child says, and what we say as well, its hard to ever communicate to them about the reality of the broken program system. Even if I did take the time to list off all the many many violations and abuses that still wouldn't even come close to covering the all these little things that added up to make our lives so miserable. It makes me sick how parents just assume that everything is peachy... in some ways I cant blame them because the program really does go above and beyond to entertain that illusion and maintain their loyalty, but you would think some of these warning signs would ring loud and clear. I guess its just difficult for parents to really connect the dots when what they really believe, and as our resident troll has just explained in his own words, their kids deserve to be abused.

::puke::
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 04:48:00 PM by FemanonFatal2.0 »
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2009, 04:40:03 PM »
Hi, Katie, if you manage not to commit suicide before you can google your way to this thread, realize the hilarious guy making asinine comments about how you "deserved" to be tortured, etc, is "thewho."

He's rumored to be Lon Woodbury of struggling teens,http://www.strugglingteens.com
a man who oversaw the sexual, physical and psychological torture of thousands  at CEDU , before becoming an ed con devoted to "helping kids" find suitable "schools"  alternatively a program parent from ASPEN an aspen gulag-cult whose spent about 6 years on this forum posting this very same gibberish, and mocking survivors of torment. In the following he makes fun of a victim of torture: a kid forced to eat "shit piss and cum" at a WWASP gulag.

viewtopic.php?p=255174#255174

So, don't take it personally.

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 03, 2009, 04:50:26 PM »
Talk to me, I can help!