Author Topic: blog of a program parent  (Read 28718 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: blog of a program parent
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2009, 03:11:27 AM »
http://parents-of-a-troubled-teen.blogs ... results=34

Diane and I have also signed up for Discovery - this is the first of several seminars for parents, that means I have to sell my Trans-Siberian Orchestra tickets that I got for my birthday
Katie managed to screw up my birthday last year too. It may be childish, but I am feeling a bit resentful of her for it....

her letter are all in crayon. Must be because she is in staff buddy - the lowest level at the school where she has to be with a staff member at all times, but her letters are in crayon. I got one this weekend. She is already learning a lot of the program language - but she is obviously not following it, as she is still not out of her orange jumpsuit yet. ...

I have been a bit shocked at the amount of demerits that she is getting - 1400 in one week...

It is funny, she is complaining about all the drama in her group - yet she is the queen of drama....

I had tickets to go see TransSiberian Orchestra on Sunday, and it still bothers me that I can't go this year....

WOW!!!! again - WOW!!!! Well, we are Discovery graduates. I don't know fully how to describe this - it is simply amazing....

Well, a big disappointment. I talked to our family rep tonight for our bi-weekly call, and Katie "choose out" of her Orientation seminar this past weekend
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2009, 03:13:00 AM »
http://mcarter.parentshelpingteens.com/
Help For Troubled Teens  

Call Toll Free: 1-800-355-8336
Ask For Glenda
Referred By: Michael Carter

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2009, 03:24:41 AM »
http://parents-of-a-troubled-teen.blogs ... results=50

Michael C Carter and diane carte, Moraine, Ohio, Dayton OHIO "I work at Reynolds and Reynolds where I've been (and continue to be) a computer programmer for 16 years. I am the treasurer and webmaster for the West Carrollton Band Boosters "
2006:

DEC
We talked with Katie, and her brothers  had a chance to say hi as well. That was pretty much all that was in the call, just a chance for everyone to say Merry Christmas.

My frustration level is running high . I got a letter saying how she was going to work at being accountable, and 'honestly' answering some of my questions about what she wanted in her life, as well as another confession letter describing how she had gotten into some personal items of Diane's and mine.

DEC
"COME CLEAN IN ORANGE"
Katie is back in orange. She got a Cat 4, then several more, and did a "Come Clean", where she basically gets caught up on all the cats she should have written herself up on. So she still has some 85 tape credits yet to go since this weekend.
[can a WWASP survivor translate this cultic loaded language?]

DEC
katie's therapist is frustrated with her, and has given her an ultimatum - either she starts working the program or he is transferring her. This means that in two weeks (12/26) she has to have 60% support on her goals (meaning that she has to have 60% of the requirements met as judged by the other girls in the group) or she is going to be moved.

Her first response was to just move her now. For the fourteen months she has been there, she has yet to be accountable for anything. Whenever anyone calls her on anything, she wants to argue, rather than admitting it and being accountable for it.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2009, 03:56:11 AM »
Quote from: "Michael C Carter and diane carter torture their daughter, Katie Carter, and want to make money by tortuing your kid"
Help For Troubled Teens  

Ask For Glenda

Looks like they're playing the referral game too... sigh.. it's how Sue Scheff got into the business.

I wonder if they tell other parents how they get kickbacks for every kid they refer.  It's illegal for a judge to do it, but parents?  nobody bats an eye.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2009, 04:01:44 AM »
Quote from: "psy"
Quote from: "Michael C Carter and diane carter torture their daughter, Katie Carter, and want to make money by tortuing your kid"
Help For Troubled Teens  

Ask For Glenda

Looks like they're playing the referral game too... sigh.. it's how Sue Scheff got into the business.

I wonder if they tell other parents how they get kickbacks for every kid they refer.  It's illegal for a judge to do it, but parents?  nobody bats an eye.

Psy, why don't you leave some messages on their blog for them.  I don't have all the right links...

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2009, 04:13:42 AM »
Quote from: "Michael C Carter and diane carter tortured their daughter, Katie Carter. Why?"
Psy, why don't you leave some messages on their blog for them.  I don't have all the right links...
I might try a bit later.

Look.  They're WWASP parents, which immediately says something (i.e. not exactly brightest bulbs in the pack... or just plum incredibly naive).  Secondly, they're already spouting loaded seminar speak, meaning they've swallowed that human potential bullshit hook line and sinker.  Thirdly, they're in the referral program, meaning chances are they're desperate and/or poor and/or greedy enough to participate in a kids for cash scheme...

In short; some parents are a lot easier to talk into taking their kids out than others.  On a scale of one to ten... this would be an 8, with probably the most difficult hurdle in getting them to listen at all.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2009, 04:47:34 AM »
Quote from: "Michael C Carter and diane carter tortured their daughter, Katie Carter. Why?"
I might try a bit later.

Look.  They're WWASP parents, which immediately says something (i.e. not exactly brightest bulbs in the pack... or just plum incredibly naive).  Secondly, they're already spouting loaded seminar speak, meaning they've swallowed that human potential bullshit hook line and sinker.  Thirdly, they're in the referral program, meaning chances are they're desperate and/or poor and/or greedy enough to participate in a kids for cash scheme...

In short; some parents are a lot easier to talk into taking their kids out than others.  On a scale of one to ten... this would be an 8, with probably the most difficult hurdle in getting them to listen at all.

I really must agree, as much as I feel I might be doing a good thing but reaching out to them I can really only sense it would be ill fated. They are just to far along the program bandwagon... their feet are probably glued, and their child is still the enemy in their eyes. I might have better luck if I could get a hold of Katie Carter. At least she would be able to tell us about what happened in the program, and after shes sorted some stuff out we could help with the confrontation.

but please help me clarify something did I seriously read that these parents are actually restraining this girl at home? because she "melts down"? I'm a bit confused to know if this was before or after the program and if that excerpt implies that they are sending her back to the program.

IMO The parents who decide to send their kids back are 100% entitled to the term "abusive parent". Not only do they see first hand that the "treatment" at the program is a sham and DID NOT help their daughter change, but they should know by now that their daughter was abused.... how could they not? with all her melt downs did she not tell them that she was abused.... or did they just chalk it up to her manipulating? Parents like this send their kids to the programs for one reason and one reason only.... they resent their teens and want them to suffer and be punished, but they dont want to have to deal with it anymore. ugh I'm seriously sick to my stomach. If this girl goes back, even for a year, that's her entire high school years spent in a program, she will have missed her entire adolescence! If shes not fucked in the head by now, than she most definitely will be once she hits 18 and her family abandons her like the program requires them to if she takes the exit plan. Can you believe that? A program that claims to "help" children, requiring that the families abuse, unnecessarily control and abandon their own children. The saddest thing is tho, that these parents are willing to do such a thing.

Honestly at this point I wouldn't mind emailing them if only to flood their inbox with flame.
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2009, 05:08:17 AM »
DEC
"COME CLEAN IN ORANGE"
Katie is back in orange. She got a Cat 4, then several more, and did a "Come Clean", where she basically gets caught up on all the cats she should have written herself up on. So she still has some 85 tape credits yet to go since this weekend.

Translation:

She must have broken a rule like... cussing or it could be a "self inflicted injury" (which could be popping a zit) and then when she got caught for this act they interrogated her (most likely 3 upperlevels and a staff member) and forced her to admit to things in the past she may or may not have done that could have resulted in consequences. (if we are going on the zit popping injury they probably forced her to admit that she pops her zits all the time, and also pulls her arm hairs out) I dunno that's really just a guess, but its very possible that it could be a super un-dramatic thing that has been deemed to fit into a cat 4 category. For all I know though, she could be trying to kill herself or run away but they are obviously making her admit she did many other things besides that. I do think however that if it was something as serious as that the parents would mention it as such instead of just calling whatever she may have done a cat 4, that's what makes me suspicious that it wasn't a big deal, but it was dramatized to them to make it seem like it was.

I knew a girl who got a cat 4 for telling her mom the truth about what happened in R&R (restriction room) and I have seen cat 4's given out for stealing extra food, writing phone numbers or lists of clothes (deemed to be runaway plans) I've also seen kids get cat 4's for "blatant rule violation" which could literally be anything.
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2009, 05:14:54 AM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
I might try a bit later.

I really must agree, as much as I feel I might be doing a good thing but reaching out to them I can really only sense it would be ill fated. They are just to far along the program bandwagon... their feet are probably glued, and their child is still the enemy in their eyes. I might have better luck if I could get a hold of Katie Carter. At least she would be able to tell us about what happened in the program, and after shes sorted some stuff out we could help with the confrontation.

but please help me clarify something did I seriously read that these parents are actually restraining this girl at home? because she "melts down"? I'm a bit confused to know if this was before or after the program and if that excerpt implies that they are sending her back to the program.

IMO The parents who decide to send their kids back are 100% entitled to the term "abusive parent". Not only do they see first hand that the "treatment" at the program is a sham and DID NOT help their daughter change, but they should know by now that their daughter was abused.... how could they not? with all her melt downs did she not tell them that she was abused.... or did they just chalk it up to her manipulating? Parents like this send their kids to the programs for one reason and one reason only.... they resent their teens and want them to suffer and be punished, but they dont want to have to deal with it anymore. ugh I'm seriously sick to my stomach. If this girl goes back, even for a year, that's her entire high school years spent in a program, she will have missed her entire adolescence! If shes not fucked in the head by now, than she most definitely will be once she hits 18 and her family abandons her like the program requires them to if she takes the exit plan. Can you believe that? A program that claims to "help" children, requiring that the families abuse, unnecessarily control and abandon their own children. The saddest thing is tho, that these parents are willing to do such a thing.

Honestly at this point I wouldn't mind emailing them if only to flood their inbox with flame.

As I understand it, dad was restraining Katie the very  night he sent her to wwasp because of a "meltdown."
"So I asked her to go to bed at the same time as her brothers. She had a meltdown. One of her biggest. I ended up restraining her for well over an hour - it was only because of biology that she finally gave in - so that she could go to the bathroom - though the door must remain open with me outside of it. "

Later that night she was at  wwasp, cross creek.

It sounds like Kaite is back from wwasp after 3 years, is now an adult, and is about to get kicked out of the house. She has already missed her entire adolescance. 3 years.

Look , i am  physically ill and kind of limited in what I can do...so great idea, please call Katie Carter at Micheal and Diane Carters'. Her number shouldnt be hard to track down? they are either in dayton or Moraine, Ohio.

She's out so soon.. maybe even soon enough to realistically press charges against the people who tortured her, cross creek. It will be great for her to learn there's a community of survivors who know that she has expereinced TORTURE, and understand her pain.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2009, 05:34:45 AM »
I might try a bit later.

Mom and dad seem to be a mixture of crazy, uncaring, abusive and not all that smart; Micheal's at least concerned about Katie, even if its in a warped way, Diane Carter is a rank, child abusing bitch who quite clearly simple wanted Katie to disappear.

I doubt Diane Carter will be receptive  but Michael might be. He is not wealthy and the cost of the wwasp gulag per year was more than his income per year. The fact he's been ripped off by a pyramid scheme that's been classified as a cult, and uses cultic manipulations might rankle them. They both sound somewhat culticly enmeshed, though.They're seminar "keyholders"!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2009, 05:42:00 AM »
"http://parents-of-a-troubled-teen.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=47

"Katie has lost 30 lbs, and it has been three years since she was home, so when we cleaned out her room we basically didn't keep ANY of her old clothes (or much of anything else))."
so sad

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2009, 06:01:42 AM »
http://parents-of-a-troubled-teen.blogs ... results=47
I've been very frustrated lately. Katie is still not working like she should, and it has been 32 months as of today. She, of course, doesn't know that she only has three months left there before all our money is gone.

As per usual, kids need the program until their parents money runs out.

She has now decided that she wants to go into music in college, and go to Julliard. It is very hard to be supportive of unrealistic goals.

Yes, you shit, by locking your kid up in an institution devoted to torturing kids into insanity you have rendered her life goal unrealistic. If you hadn't financed her incarceration, thereby bankrupting yourself, she would have had an opportunity to develop her musical skills. Congrats on being an abusive parent!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2009, 06:23:02 AM »

We managed to do just about everything on her list for her pass, including all the food all the girls wanted her to eat for them (with pictures for her to show them!). She said that all the girls were so excited to smell the chlorine in her hair when she went back on Saturday night after we had gone swimming!

Then it was over. All to quick, but a very good visit. We can actually see the beautiful young woman that would be welcome back in our home in the future.

I should stop posting but I cant stop reading and posting the disurbing sickness. Yeah, nice you sad, sick freaks for putting your daughter in an environment so deprived that the girls act like starved 3rd world villagers. They want Katie to take "pictures of food" for them and are excited to smell chlorine?

Oh yeah, their daughter isnt welcome in their home because she isn't good enough. Nice Micheal C Carter. Your sick wife
is katies step mom not her "blood daughter" as she explained it and obviously doesn't care about her? But you? What wrong with you?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2009, 06:42:39 AM »

I am very frustrated . I don't know what to say to her to get katie to start working again. It's like she just gave up and is back at square 1. I don't how much my feelings would be different if she were "my blood child" and not just a step child. Maybe if I would have had more dealings with her from a much younger age things would have been different. I'm not saying I'm  perfect,  It's just that things would have been handled differently. But Mike has done a great job with what he was dealt.

A side of me wants to just yell at her and say "WAKE THE HELL UP! Do you realize how good you could have it by just stopping all this stupid shit you continue to do???? STOP playing victim, oh poor you, you've had it SO rough. If you think rules don't apply to you, just go and make your own way in the world since you know everything. You can't live here and disrupt our lives any more. As it is we will never be out of debt. The boys know how much has been wasted on you -- yes WASTED. And they are not happy about it. They don't understand why you continue to make the stupid decisions you do and not just cut the crap and come home."

I see the stress on Mike and the boys. The money that we will never have, the easy retirement we will never have. I want to cry knowing there is nothing we seem to do or say that is making a difference with her.

The Cross Creek school is SO good. They are also frustrated and have done so much to try to make this work. I feel sorry for them to have to deal with her day after day and not being able to make her see the light.

The letters we get just seem to be rambling. I think she is comfortable there and won't do anything until it is time for her to leave...when she turns 18. We don't think we'll be able to continue with student loans for that long, however. So what then? I truly don't want her back here disrupting our lives like she did. And I truly think that is what she will do. She has learned just enough to get her by, to manipulate those enough to get attention but in no way does she want to take responsibility.

I don't know how I can handle having her back home if she doesn't change her ways. And maybe I'm not giving her enough credit as Mike says, but my trust in her was trashed a long time ago and I know myself well enough that it takes a LONG time to build that back up , IF it ever happens. All I see is her manipulation and I'm not willing to play that game any longer.""

-Diane Carter, Dayton Ohio, obese, disgustingly ugly, torturer of her step daughter, katie, who has been involved in scamming other parents into sending their kids to the twisted cultic group, WWASP,that she paid to torture her throw-away kid.

PS Look how ugly she is: She is the morbidly obese one. And she and her useless husband get on Katie's back for being overweight!? Talk about the whale calling the minnow fat.    ::unhappy::  ::unhappy::
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qMLnxkBYkuo/S ... 0_3631.jpg

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2009, 09:14:46 AM »
Reading here it is easy to see that many of the people posting are very superficial and judge programs and parents on the color of their jump suits and parents weight conditions.  You seem to miss the point.  It doesn’t matter if the mother is overweight or underweight. Those issues may be getting addressed by a doctor but you need to keep in mind that the blog is focused on Katie so there would be no reason to discuss if the mother had a thyroid issue or not.  The discussion is focused on how Katie is progressing thru Cross Creek.  Like any other topic there will be discussion supporting both sides.  Some feel for Katies position of being away from home and learning harsh lessons.  Others will sympathize with the parents and how Katies decisions have hurt herself, parents and siblings, their path towards financial crisis.  These are all real issues.  The color of the clothing, paint on the walls or people physical characteristics should not play into this and detracts from what is going on.