Author Topic: why isnt vause arrested?  (Read 7736 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: why isnt vause arrested?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2009, 07:30:31 PM »
Quote from: "ajax13"
Absolute moronic drivel. Show of hands, who gives a fuck what this retard's IP is? Whether you're just stupid, an AARColyte, a nutcase, or some combination of the three, here's a piece of advice: If you are aware of specific crimes committed in AARC, file a police report. If everyone had done that from the beginning, the Wiz would have been performing his excorcisms in Saskatchewan long ago.

Lol. YOU said I'm an AARColyte. Since my IP disproves that, why do you “not give a fuck” when that was your alleged motivation for your entire line of responses, up until now?
 As for me being “stupid” a "retard" and a “nutcase,” I see you are something like the AARC followers, and unprovokedly, verbally attack people. Nice.

"Don't stay silent about red tape?"
What the fuck does that mean?.

As I explained, "red tape" are technicalities that supposedly keep officials from doing their jobs. For instance, the A.G. refused to investigate WWASPS supposedly because it's privately owned. In asking is there "red tape," I am trying to highlight any technicalities that “prevent” prosecution or investigation.

There is no secret about how AARC operates and who performs what task.  .

It's not a secret? Does the AARC  outline its hierarchy and policies clearly, for accountability purposes?
And, do you really think the names of the politicians/groups protecting the AARC, and how they do it, is common public knowledge? I’d say it is not.

Why are you outraged I ask to draw attention to, and specify that corruption?  You do so in ALL your posts but suddenly declare an antipathy for doing that… seemingly only for an excuse to bitch at a internet stranger. Double eye-roll and a bag of chips, my friend.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2009, 10:41:16 PM »
If the corruption protecting AARC has already been laid out, then why ask why Vause hasn't been arrested?  Trust me, I am not nice.  Take your double eye rolls, and your bag of chips, and shove them as far up your ass as your arm can reach.  Exhale, and give it one last stretch.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2009, 11:05:25 PM »
If the corruption protecting AARC has already been laid out, then why ask why Vause hasn't been arrested?  .

:wall:  This is like talking to thewho.

Trust me, I am not nice.  Take your double eye rolls, and your bag of chips, and shove them as far up your ass as your arm can reach.  Exhale, and give it one last stretch.[/quote]

Sure, maybe i am a rape surivor and you can make fun of that as well? What's the internet for if not to cowardly vent our anger at innocent people, for no reason ? Have fun.lol

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2009, 12:12:46 AM »
Big stretch!
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2009, 07:48:45 AM »
If you are aware of specific crimes committed in AARC, file a police report. If everyone had done that from the beginning, the Wiz would have been performing his excorcisms in Saskatchewan long ago.

My understanding is that the Calgary police have been just as tight with AARC as Florida police were with The Seed and Straight, Inc. They would probably not even take a report of abuse at AARC, far less take it seriously and investigate. I know that, after 15 years of my family having been associated with The Seed and Straight, Inc., I would never have thought to go to the police. I'd expect them to dismiss and maybe even harass me if I tried.

**HOWEVER** With all this public scrutiny due to recent media exposure they might be just a tad disinclined to take this little problem of theirs so lightly. So now is the time to go to the police and to follow up on their response. If they don't give your complaint due attention then complain to whatever authorities monitor police misconduct in Alberta.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline anonAARCgrad

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2009, 09:18:46 AM »
Quote from: "Antigen"
If you are aware of specific crimes committed in AARC, file a police report. If everyone had done that from the beginning, the Wiz would have been performing his excorcisms in Saskatchewan long ago.

My understanding is that the Calgary police have been just as tight with AARC as Florida police were with The Seed and Straight, Inc. They would probably not even take a report of abuse at AARC, far less take it seriously and investigate. I know that, after 15 years of my family having been associated with The Seed and Straight, Inc., I would never have thought to go to the police. I'd expect them to dismiss and maybe even harass me if I tried.

**HOWEVER** With all this public scrutiny due to recent media exposure they might be just a tad disinclined to take this little problem of theirs so lightly. So now is the time to go to the police and to follow up on their response. If they don't give your complaint due attention then complain to whatever authorities monitor police misconduct in Alberta.

The calgary Police Service have changed their tune with AARC - at least the Major Crimes unit has. AARC obsrtucted their investigation regarding Woods and Bates. They are not happy with this at all.  Way to go AARC.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2009, 11:38:01 AM »
Not the only investigation obstructed. I heard there was a recent side tracking of weapons charges (guns) for someone in the program. I heard the police were turned away at the door when they arrived with warrants for one of the clients.

Maybe it should be AARC, Avoiding Accountability Regarding Charges?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2009, 06:25:20 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that the vast majority of fervent AARC supporters are parents, siblings, cousins, etc...? I'm so tired of these people saying how "hurt they were by the LIES and BAD journalism" on the fifth estate. To me, this just proves that AARC is a brainwashing cult.
Open your eyes... you hear a few people say that they were abused in AARC and all you can think about is yourself and how that makes YOU feel hurt? What kind of people bash victims for coming out about being abused? And it's like adding insult to injury when they end off by saying "AARC turned us into better, more compassionate people, so shut up you liars and whiners!" But of course, you're sure that those clients are lying, based solely on the fact that your cult leader labeled them liars.
And when an AARC supporter IS a former client (someone who would have actually seen or experienced the abuse) they usually say things like "yeah, AARC is a pretty f-ed up place, but it saved my life."  :eek:
As for the non-former clients, I don't care if you adore AARC unconditionally for the rest of your lives. Even after it gets shut down I'm sure you'll protest about how unjust it was to close a place that "does NOTHING but saves lives." How a mother could say that after watching the fifth estate is beyond me.
But to all of the former clients out there who know deep down that being in AARC was damaging for you, that you probably aren't an alcoholic, that they had no right to lock you up for 1-2 years, strip you of your identity, or perhaps abuse you on a deeper level... I hope that you're able to snap out of the brainwashing and understand that you didn't deserve to be abused because of your supposed "disease." We all deserve answers as to why a bunch of unqualified people were able to hold us against our will and perform mind control techniques on us. And that's something that you parents - who only remember sitting in a circle, holding hands and listening to Sarah Mclaughlin- will never understand.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2009, 08:05:19 PM »
And when an AARC supporter IS a former client (someone who would have actually seen or experienced the abuse) they usually say things like "yeah, AARC is a pretty f-ed up place, but it saved my life."  

Look at it like waterboarding.  Almost everyone signed up for this when it was first proposed... now 10 years later all the democrats are distancing themselves from it.  But at the time it provided information that saved many lives, maybe 10’s of thousands.  So can this be justified?  Don’t know......  If the kid that had to endure a tough time at AARC but in the end he realized that it turned his life around and saved him was it worth it?  Maybe

If you tie a junky to his bed for a couple of days to get him past the physical addiction is it considered cruel?  If he comes thru it and says “Thank you man you saved my life, I owe you big time, my friend”  is that worth it to both of you?  Should you go to jail for restraining someone? Kidnapping? Torture?

Think about it, I don’t think survivors who are pro AARC are all necessarily out to discredit the ones who claim they were abused.  Look at the attitude of the survivors here on fornits ... many have a difficult time understanding those survivors who benefitted from a program so it is understandable that those who benefitted may have a hard time understanding how someone could say they were abused.
Its all in the individuals perspective.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2009, 08:24:49 PM »
I disagree with your claim that pro AARCers aren't out to discredit the ones who claim they were abused. First of all, I've yet to see an AARC supporter suggest that the victims of abuse are entitled to justice and accountability. It would be impossible to acknowledge the negative impact that AARC has had on people and continue to support it. Every kid in AARC is degraded and emotionally abused. Some have been beaten and raped. While it's not AARC's policy to rape clients, they sure do a good job of covering it up. There's a law here in Canada called Duty to Report. If someone knows of or suspects that a child is being abused, that person has a legal obligation to report the known or suspected abuse to the authorities. AARC hasn't done that. Instead, they further abuse the client by making them believe it's their fault or calling them a liar. Show me one person who acknowledges that, yet continues to support the place.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2009, 09:40:15 PM »
Let me guess, guest, you are the same person who came up with that ridiculous analogy about dentists. What was that argument again? 'If one dentist molested someone, should we shut down the whole industry?' Please think your analogies through before posting them. There is a big difference between a licensed professional forcing someone through detox, and some guy posing as a doctor, holding teens (many non-addicted) against their will for as long as two years. There's also a big difference between restraining someone for their own good, and restraining someone and calling them a useless unlovable druggie loser repeatedly until they have a nervous breakdown.
I'll give you an analogy on the other end of the extreme... Imagine a Jewish Holocaust survivor supporting the Nazis because their experience in a concentration camp helped him/her beat their addiction to food and lose that stubborn excess weight. So they told their fellow survivors, "Come on guys - let's take the positive out of this experience!" I'm pretty sure a lot of people would be sickened at the thought.. and that's pretty much how I feel whenever I hear AARC supporters say it.
 ::puke::

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2009, 10:10:02 PM »
Quote from: "mk"
I disagree with your claim that pro AARCers aren't out to discredit the ones who claim they were abused. First of all, I've yet to see an AARC supporter suggest that the victims of abuse are entitled to justice and accountability. It would be impossible to acknowledge the negative impact that AARC has had on people and continue to support it. Every kid in AARC is degraded and emotionally abused. Some have been beaten and raped. While it's not AARC's policy to rape clients, they sure do a good job of covering it up. There's a law here in Canada called Duty to Report. If someone knows of or suspects that a child is being abused, that person has a legal obligation to report the known or suspected abuse to the authorities. AARC hasn't done that. Instead, they further abuse the client by making them believe it's their fault or calling them a liar. Show me one person who acknowledges that, yet continues to support the place.

To be fair, many posters here on fornits meet AARC (people who say that they were helped by AARC) with names like AARColytes and say they are brain washed and basically make fun of them.  You don’t see many kids who had  a positive experience with AARC coming onto fornits to just make fun of people here who had different experiences without first being provoked.  

If someone who was truly helped by AARC reads posts here saying that all ARCOlytes are brainwashed and all programs are abusive and not one person has ever been helped by AARC (or any program ever) since the beginning.  And then the same posters say they were abused and raped.  What part of that would you believe?  If they know you were lying about the fact that no one was ever helped how can they believe you that you were abused and raped.  Why shouldn’t they take it as another lie?

If you guys could accept each others stories..... I think it would go a long way.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2009, 10:30:44 PM »
Quote from: "mk"

If someone was sitting next to you at Mcdonalds and says they wont eat the Big Macs anymore because they got food poisoning.  You would think yeah I could understand that.  But then they went on to say that “all” Big Macs cause food poisoning ……and you say to him that you eat them all the time and never have a problem and he responds to you that you must be brainwashed and calls you a Mcdonalds bitch child because everyone knows that everyone gets food poisoning and if you don’t then it is proof that you are brainwashed.  Then he goes on to say that he was abused and raped by the staff…. How much of what he told you would you believe at this point?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2009, 10:42:16 PM »
I know I can speak for most of us when we say that we understand that some people believe that AARC helped them. At one point in time, pretty much all of us praised AARC for "saving our lives," so when we hear other people claim that AARC saved their lives, we can't help but remember how delusional and brainwashed we were when we felt that way.
We also understand that some kids who go into AARC are addicted to drugs and leave AARC sober. It's understandable that someone would think that a life of sobriety would be better than a life hooked on meth. However, the "tools" that AARC gives clients - teaching them that they are forever dependent on AARC and A.A. members because they have a lifelong disease (even if they barely drank but were addicted to meth for a short time?), that they should not think because "look where your thinking got you," that tough love and abandoning people who leave A.A. is the only way to help them, that anyone who disputes AARCs methods or teachings is in denial.... AARC is a cult by any definition, so when we hear people proclaiming their love for the place, it's hard to take them seriously. And yes, there are a lack of options for drug addicted teens, but maybe the reason there's so little available is because everyone thought that AARC was working so well. I sincerely hope that when AARC gets shut down, more attention will be brought to the issue and a licensed and monitored facility, run by professionals with real qualifications will replace it.
If there are any AARC supporters out there who really see our side of the story, but just think that unqualified scam artists should be allowed to carry on abusing children because "it works" then I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2009, 10:50:57 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
I know I can speak for most of us when we say that we understand that some people believe that AARC helped them. At one point in time, pretty much all of us praised AARC for "saving our lives," so when we hear other people claim that AARC saved their lives, we can't help but remember how delusional and brainwashed we were when we felt that way.
We also understand that some kids who go into AARC are addicted to drugs and leave AARC sober. It's understandable that someone would think that a life of sobriety would be better than a life hooked on meth. However, the "tools" that AARC gives clients - teaching them that they are forever dependent on AARC and A.A. members because they have a lifelong disease (even if they barely drank but were addicted to meth for a short time?), that they should not think because "look where your thinking got you," that tough love and abandoning people who leave A.A. is the only way to help them, that anyone who disputes AARCs methods or teachings is in denial.... AARC is a cult by any definition, so when we hear people proclaiming their love for the place, it's hard to take them seriously. And yes, there are a lack of options for drug addicted teens, but maybe the reason there's so little available is because everyone thought that AARC was working so well. I sincerely hope that when AARC gets shut down, more attention will be brought to the issue and a licensed and monitored facility, run by professionals with real qualifications will replace it.
If there are any AARC supporters out there who really see our side of the story, but just think that unqualified scam artists should be allowed to carry on abusing children because "it works" then I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Well, thats a pretty fair argument.  I dont agree with bashing AARColytes and then expecting them to believe you were abused.  But you make a strong case for why you feel the way you do.  
I will try to learn more about AARC before taking sides.