Author Topic: turning kids into drug addicts, suicide victims  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: turning kids into drug addicts, suicide victims
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 08:36:12 PM »
I am still really frustrated with this documentary, but happy to see the many aarc graduates who are NOT afraid to speak out the TRUTH.
Do you ever wonder why the clients in AARC need to be locked up?
As horrible as it sounds, the other option is worse.
When i was in AARC, ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS GET HIGH. i would have used bathroom cleaner, or anything i could get my hands on, i even dreamed of downing bleach, because if i couldn't get out, i might as well die.

With that in mind, if i wasn't secured in a host homes bedroom at night, i most likely would have found my way to the kitchen to find a knife and cut, BECAUSE THAT WHAT I DID BEFORE I FOUND RELIEF FROM DRUGS and ALCOHOL.

Sure life was not pretty for the beginning of the nine months i spent in AARC. i tried to run, i even tried climbing through the roof to escape. And i witnessed a few people who did get away. guess what, some even returned because they knew inside that life was better in aarc than ANY day getting high.

The last posting I wrote cut out the sentence i wrote. I know deep inside that if my parents had not intervened when they did, i would have fulfilled my only life ambition, to die by the age of 17 with a needle in my arm. thats the honest truth of the matter, I was so sick and twisted that this is the only thing that brought me happiness.

Today i live a life of freedom, when i look back at aarc, i do remember the hard time in the first months. But i can also understand and acknowledge that those difficulites served a greater purpose. today i am clean from drugs and alcohol. but that is not the only thing AARC did for me. I have a relationship with my family that i will never let go of again. i have a freedom i could not imagine during those months i sat on newcomer chair, and really i OWE IT ALL TO AARC,

so to the fifth-estate i say shame on you! how many testimonies is it going to take from aarc clients and their familys?
this episode most likely will prevent a few families from getting their children help, and that is a shame!
but the desperation that caused my family to consider aarc will still allow familys to find the help they need.

thanks Dr V. and to everyone there who saved my life. words can not express.

oh and jen mcrea please look me up i miss you!

Lucette | | Posted February 18, 2009 12:56 PM
##########################################################################

"my ambition was to die at 17 with a needle in my arm" Seriously, do these cults have one visual they pass around? Why is it always im going to die with "a needs in my arm"?

And where did the term "druggie" originate?

Are these direct terms from Charles Deidrich, failed stand up comedian, child murderer, and supposed heroin addict curer?
I really find the "druggie" term bizzare and its very weird that it seems to have endured at least from straight, 40 years ago.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 08:42:20 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/discussion/2009/02/powerless.html

Victims remain silent not because they are afraid of being sued but because they are too traumatized, shamed, and marginalized to stand up for themselves
(ya know.....after they've been successfully "broken"), and because, even when they are not the govt is so corrupt it denies the them the platform usually afforded to afforded victims of crime.

Bingo.  Blue emphasis mine.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 09:06:19 PM »
It isn't easy being a parent and Canadian society needs to step up to the plate! As a parent of one adult daughter and my 15 year old son, I'm consistently amazed at the abdication of responsibility. I struggle constantly with parenting my son, and its OH SO easy to think someone else can do it better.

If parents can feel safe opening up to health and education professionals, as well as each other, we can find all kinds of FREE support, research and coping skills. When heads of government can't control alcohol and drug abuse, why should our children try? Agencies like AARC exist because children are vulnerable, and have few rights.

If someone offered me $50,000 to look after their child for one year, I'd say yes...its more then I get for child support.

Lorraine

Lorraine Y. Pawlivsky
#####################################################################

Wow, the AARC costs 50,000 a year? Is that right? How can that be? Where does all that money go? I dont mean that rhetorically. A good way to get DV is through taxes. Wonder who else is in on the swindle? Maybe those mystery beneficiaries are why AARC manages to stay open and DV w/o charges

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2009, 10:55:48 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Quote from: "Guest"
My daughter and I graduated from the AARC program 14 months after we entered, 17 years ago. As a parent alcoholic/addict I needed my brain washed,

At least you admit that's what goes on in there.

Yes, but they mean something else by it.  I heard the same at Benchmark.  They take apart the word "brainwashing" and say "i needed my brain washed"...  implying it was dirty and needed to somehow be cleansed. People who say this kind of thing never realize what brainwashing actually entails and how it works.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2009, 11:22:19 AM »
Wow! Let me first say that I'm truly glad to see some AARC supporters step up and speak your peace. But please don't discard your other AARC family members who disagree with your view. They are also graduates, families and loved ones.

To the parent who lost a son, I'm deeply sorry to hear of it again. I'm also a little taken aback. I shouldn't be. This happens a LOT and, once in awhile, the parents are so thoroughly immersed in Program beliefs and community that they unsee the most obvious things in order to maintain a euphemistic view.

Look at the original post. This guy was executive staff at one time.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes