Author Topic: Christine Lunn, I'm starting to think...  (Read 2670 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Christine Lunn, I'm starting to think...
« on: March 11, 2009, 10:35:10 AM »
That your boyfriend is a little bit bad for you.... he's probably bad for Rachel as well...

You know, he did after all convince you to tell a story that got you both sued... :rofl:

You know how I know when to stop hanging around someone? (hint: Probably when you're served with papers accusing you of libel/slander).. I hope he's got the money for a good lawyer I guess.. it would be a shame if he dumped you right now LOL

I find it funny that the 5th Estate episode didn't even grow legs. The place has been inundated with calls and emails of support from thousands of people across Canada.

Was this some sort of reverse-psychology-marketing ploy on your end? Is this crew a bunch of closet AARC supporters?

This day has come MUCH sooner than I ever thought it would, and I am delighted. I hope your mortgage is up to date  (bankruptcy won't help you in this situation)

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Christine Lunn, I'm starting to think...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 11:42:35 AM »
Quote from: "Nousername"
(hint: Probably when you're served with papers accusing you of libel/slander).. I hope he's got the money for a good lawyer I guess..

Hey... If AARC wants it to blow up in their faces like it did for Benchmark...  If I were a smart program director I would handle it outside of the courts.  More deniability that way. You never know what comes out in a court case or what a judge/jury might decide.  It's a lot of risk.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 12:59:17 PM »
"Was this some sort of reverse-psychology-marketing ploy on your end? Is this crew a bunch of closet AARC supporters?"
I think that's true.  I understand that Ajax13 is Josh Penner.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 04:51:48 PM »
Quote from: "cletus"
"Was this some sort of reverse-psychology-marketing ploy on your end? Is this crew a bunch of closet AARC supporters?"
I thought it was Greg Elliot?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 04:57:21 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "cletus"
I thought it was Greg Elliot?
Like as in Christine Lunns fiance Greg Elliot..

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 09:59:22 PM »
You guys do understand that, in the real world, there are fact checkers, journalistic standards and network and news department level legal departments, right? Just cause you file suit doesn't mean you win, far less that you were right. Ask Jayne Longnecker.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 10:19:49 PM »
Quote from: "Antigen"
You guys do understand that, in the real world, there are fact checkers, journalistic standards and network and news department level legal departments, right? Just cause you file suit doesn't mean you win, far less that you were right. Ask Jayne Longnecker.

Are they really getting sued and CBC(?) theyve been pretty quite all of a sudden

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 10:29:30 PM »
AARC is betting on having more intestinal fortitude for playing dirty and slinging slime, not to mention having deeper pockets, than the Defendants. This is an age old shutting-up or saving-face strategy.

Unfortunately for AARC, whether or not they are able to succeed in their intimidation tactics, the logistics of the numbers are not exactly in their favor (they are suing two young women, yes? Or is it three?). Regardless of whether you knew anything at all about the situation, to the average person, one "slanderer" might be believable, but two? Three? And then to delve deeper into the facts of what happened to these women there...whew!! Doesn't paint AARC in a very sympathetic light!

Even were AARC to prevail from a legal standpoint, due to a corrupt court system or due to some technicality that for the life of me I can't think of, the court of public opinion is not likely to let this go so easily. That latter judgment might ultimately prove to be fatal for them.

:poison:  :eek:  :poison:
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Rachael

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 02:16:21 AM »
I haven't been served yet. It is of course a possibility that AARC has the intention of launching a suit against myself and the other women mentioned, but they haven't made the move yet. I haven't heard anything about it in RL.

I'll keep y'all posted.
Justice, Justice shall you pursue.

Deuteronomy 16:20

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 04:23:34 PM »
Quote from: "Rachael"
I haven't been served yet. It is of course a possibility that AARC has the intention of launching a suit against myself and the other women mentioned, but they haven't made the move yet. I haven't heard anything about it in RL.

I'll keep y'all posted.

I’m guessing leader and the faithful frothed out the possibility of suing the blasphemers, but leader nixes the idea as lawsuits uncover the truth which is bad for leader, leader's henchmen, and their bags of money.

So, he stokes the faithful with this notion of lawsuit but ultimately leader mewls something along the lines of: ‘well, freedom of speech statues being what they are, not much we can do.’

10$ I’m right.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 04:38:21 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "Rachael"

I'll keep y'all posted.
I’m guessing leader and the faithful frothed out the possibility of suing the blasphemers, but leader nixes the idea as lawsuits uncover the truth which is bad for leader, leader's henchmen, and their bags of money.

So, he stokes the faithful with this notion of lawsuit but ultimately leader mewls something along the lines of: ‘well, freedom of speech statues being what they are, not much we can do.’

10$ I’m right.

Oh, I'd never bet ya on that one, lol. I think you'll probably turn out to be right on the money. It's called "saving face," "strategic posturing," what have you...

But it's a gamble for them. If AARC drags it out too long, the public will remember it longer as well. And it looks R-E-A-L-L-Y bad for an organization to sue rape and sexual assault survivors for talking out about their rape and sexual assault. It's despicable.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 01:08:23 AM »
Actually...

AARC is going to sue.  Yes, they have been quiet --- for now.  And by design.  As soon as the police take statements and don't do anything about it (which is anticipated to be within the week), AARC will have the green light (and a clean bill of health from the CPS) to start filing lawsuits.  They will sue Ajax (who is NOT Josh Penner) and the CBC for defamation.  (Anyone else curious why they would anticipate an answer so soon?  Apparently the CPS is anxious to close this case...)

Tricky thing is that in Alberta, the Defamation Act states they only have 3 months from the broadcast airing to file a suit so time is ticking... It's imperative that no one further comes forward.  

Good thing they have lots of really influential people behind them like NHL stars, judges, politicians in at least 2 provinces, lawyers, corporate CEOs, etc.  I'm sure they aren't worried about a suit since the judges that would hear the case have either donated money or have likely put a kid or two through the program and are 'ripe for the picking'.  

The PCs of Alberta are also determined to hush the opposition and make any calls for investigation go away.  The governing provincial party has a vested interest (reputation to uphold) in making sure these allegations are silenced, (a.k.a. swept under the rug) as many of them either have been through the program themselves or have invested a lot of money in AARC's success.  Damned opposition anyways...  To appease the masses and shut the opposition up, AARC has started a campaign to 'schmooze' (for lack of a better word) the opposition as well by inviting certain opposing MLAs for staged visits to the centre.  They are closely monitoring all activities in the legislature as well and are employing their vast network of 'supporters' to act as spies and document/investigate any online activity against them.

99% (ish) of their staff are either graduates working as 'peer counsellors' or are parents who have gone through the program.  The clinical staff are also ex-clients.  Some of them have received or are are pursuing their degrees from Union Institute -- the same Cracker-Jack school that Vause got his 'degree' from.  Others graduated from places like Loma Linda or other similarly non-accredited institutions.

I could go on, but I think you all get my point...

Just because they aren't vehemently denying these claims does not mean that the dragon is slain.  He is merely regrouping.  

These people have a lot to lose.  They will fight back.  But will they win?  In defamation suits, the plaintiff has to first prove there is no merit to any allegations made.  Beyond a reasonable doubt???

Hmmm....  I'm not so sure.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 03:23:55 PM »
How could gingerbreadman have been so prescient?  While this particular tactic did not in fact appear within the week, it did by late Spring.  After Alberta Health Minister Ron Leipert did nothing to address the array of allegations about the facility that taxpayers have dumped millions into since 1989, he assured the people of Alberta that Dean Vause would go to police to get to the bottom of the allegations about AARC.  
CPS did mention that they were going to monitor the internet in furtherance of their dedication to protecting AARC from harm, so if you guys are reading this, I'd just like to say keep up the good work.  With AARC's expansion, you'll have your hands full with a whole bunch of new Andy Evans, Andrew Mazurs, Marcel Landrys, Devon Newsons, Jon Nelsons, Mitch Tildens, Jason Woods's, Cody Bates's, and the rest of the AARColytes turned violent offenders.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 10:21:31 PM »
Who was the AARC graduate who beat his own mother with a baseball bat post graduation?  ::poke::

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 02:53:05 PM »
Why don't you tell us which AARC graduate beat up his mother with a bat post-graduation?  The number of people who leave AARC and commit violent crimes is high, so you have to be specific.  Tilden was doing time in Grande Cache with another AARColyte in '07, but I have not confirmed the fellow's identity.  At least 1% of those who have gone into AARC are dead by their own hand.  The suicide rate for Alberta males is somwhere between 35 and 40 per 100 000.  It is at least 1000 per 100 000 for those leaving AARC.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992