Author Topic: Welfare Wiz  (Read 1559 times)

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
Welfare Wiz
« on: March 08, 2009, 02:02:15 PM »
"Mr. Liepert: Mr. Speaker, I’ll answer that question. The Department
of Health and Wellness through the former AADAC agency
does provide funding to AARC. It receives about $300,000
annually."
http://www.assembly.ab.ca/Documents/isy ... /doc/#hit1

Here's Liepert the dancing monkey copping to the fact that AARC takes tax-payer's money in spite of the fact that the Government of Alberta has no oversight of AARC whatsoever.  So Health and Wellness gives the Wiz $300k, but what about the rest of AARC's welfare money?

They received several million from Government coffers for their expansion.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: Welfare Wiz
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 02:24:51 PM »
AARC is funded through a combination of family treatment fees (20%), private and corporate donations (70%), and government grants (10%). No one in need of AARC’s intensive treatment is turned away because they are unable to pay the full cost of treatment.

Link

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 02:51:09 PM »
I've posted links to AARC's own website many times.  We all know that AARC is stealing from the taxpayers, AARColyte.  What we'd like to know is how does the government explain giving millions to an organization with zero government oversight.

Remember AARColytes, when the CP is overrun the only thing you can do is call in artillery or an airstrike on your own position.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

Canadian West."

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 02:56:11 PM »
Quote from: "ajax13"
What we'd like to know is how does the government explain giving millions to an organization with zero government oversight.

More power to them, Ask the government.  There are millions of people and organizations who get welfare money from the governement without oversight on how it is spent.  I could use an extra $300,000 myself, if the governemnt would give it to me I would take it too!!  I would put it to good use also, no need to regulate me!!  I am an honest looking guy!!

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 03:06:51 PM »
Silly pedophile, one of our elected representatives did ask the government.  Health Minister dancing monkey Leipert simply refused to answer why they were handing slush to AARC with no oversight.  The government cannot reply, since the answer is an example of corruption and deceit.  Paddy Meade started the money moving.  She's just one actor in a sordid little play.
Here's how it works.  A vocal minority of parents who want someone else to deal with their children's problems lobby their MLA.  It's been going on since the Province paid for Albertans to be sent to Straight and Kids, and has carried on to AARC.
In the specific case of AARC, Jim Dinning arranged for the original rip-off when AARC was still Kids.  Diane Mirosh carried on, pushing for more money for Kids of the Canadian West, and then AARC.  Denis Herard carried on, as did Ron Stevens once he took over for Mirosh.  Heather Forsythe has gone so far as to tell the Feds that the Alberta Governmen will pa for the legions of street kids shooting coke into their feet to go into AARC.  That didn't quite materielize yet.  Leipert is now heavily involved, openly acknowledging that he is personal communication with the Wiz.  
Meade is a lifer bureaucrat, living off the tax-payer's back her whole life, and has been rewarded for her obedient work with a fantastic and highly lucrative sinecure as boss of the Health Superboard.  AADAC, Meade's former roost, has been rolled into the Superboard, so Meade still controls the doling out of AARC's welfare.
Simple.  I know about it, and now so do you.  Most of the tax-payers being robbed to support a little cult do not.

Canadian West."

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 03:19:14 PM »
Look, as long as the checks keep clearing who cares?  How many welfare recipients do you think are getting more than their share or are capable of working if they wanted to.  Where is the oversight there?  The government could save more money by taking a closer look there than AARC.  At least AARC produces studies, submits reports on where the money is going.  Try getting that from these welfare families.
Think about it

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 03:27:49 PM »
That's a really stupid question to ask.  Obviously I care, or I wouldn't have written the post.  Obviously the MLA who asked the question in the legislature cares.  Obviously the constituents who went to their MLA with the same question care.   It's a particularly disingenuous manner of attempting to sway an argument.  

AARColytes, keep in mind the fate of 7 Cavalry.  They were led by a particularly silly man, as are you, and they ended up fleeing at a dead run before being scalped.  When there's only a few hundred parents and former clients allied with a few corrupt politicians, arrayed against everyone else who is not an AARColyte, your odds don't look very good.

Rather than dying on a hill, I would say that the fate of the French at Dien Bien Phu is a more apropos analogy.  You're at the bottom of a valley, with nowhere to go.

Canadian West."

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 05:35:45 PM »
Quote from: "ajax13"
That's a really stupid question to ask.  Obviously I care, or I wouldn't have written the post.  Obviously the MLA who asked the question in the legislature cares.  Obviously the constituents who went to their MLA with the same question care.   It's a particularly disingenuous manner of attempting to sway an argument.  

AARColytes, keep in mind the fate of 7 Cavalry.  They were led by a particularly silly man, as are you, and they ended up fleeing at a dead run before being scalped.  When there's only a few hundred parents and former clients allied with a few corrupt politicians, arrayed against everyone else who is not an AARColyte, your odds don't look very good.

Rather than dying on a hill, I would say that the fate of the French at Dien Bien Phu is a more apropos analogy.  You're at the bottom of a valley, with nowhere to go.

and then you woke up and had breakfast, ahhhhh, what a nice dream for you, ajax and with the calvary too, how secure you must feel today.  Thank you for the concern.  Lets revisit this in say a year,  Relook at the balance sheet and see which one of us has been given a hair cut..... LOL.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 07:16:28 PM »
A man I consider a very good friend told me a story about his son recently that reinforced my opinion about most athletes.

Dr. Vause is the executive director of the Alberta Adolescent Recovery Centre (AARC) here in Calgary. The centre does an amazing job of getting adolescent kids with very serious addiction problems well again.

This is very hard and challenging work so Dr. Vause and his staff should be very proud for saving lives and families.

I’ve known Dr. Vause and his family for around 10 years now and have watched their son Taylor grow up and become a top young hockey prospect, now with the Swift Current Broncos of the Western Hockey League.

Unexpected diagnosis

Well not long ago, while on a road trip, Taylor confided to his parents, Dean and Joanne, that he was feeling overwhelmed and really lethargic. He attributed that to being a rookie in the WHL.

A doctor’s examination was scheduled and young Taylor discovered he will be faced with a life with Type 1 diabetes. This requires four daily shots to manage its effects plus coping strategies for the stress which accompanies a disease of this nature.

The support shown by the Broncos should not be a surprise to anyone either. I’ve known the general manager/coach Dean Chynoweth for many years and he’s a man of integrity as is the assistant GM Sheldon Ferguson, one of my coaches in Medicine Hat.

Kind words from strangers

As difficult as it must be to learn your child has Type 1 diabetes, Dean and Joanne’s spirits were lifted, when not long after the diagnosis, Taylor received two encouraging phone calls from two members of the National Hockey League who both live with the same affliction.

NHL Hall of Fame inductee Bobby Clarke and Florida Panthers defenceman Nick Boynton both offered words of hope and inspiration to Taylor, a first-year, Bronco centre.

Dr. Vause’s face lit up when he relayed the stories to me and how these two gentlemen will probably never quite know the positive effect their kind words had on Taylor in a time of uncertainty.

Cheers to Bobby and to Nick for coming through for my friend Taylor.

http://http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2009/03/unexpected_diagnosis_heeds_pos.html

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 11:47:20 PM »
Truly pathetic example of the Wiz taking advantage of both his son and the good will of someone who has been duped into supporting him.

Canadian West."

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 07:53:12 AM »
Tough break,  I have a cousin who has Type 1 diabetes and he was depressed for months after he found out.  Its nice to see the other players come out to support him.  I didnt realize Dr. Vause was so well known in the community.  He seems very dedicated to his family

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 07:59:57 AM »
From another forum, thought this was nice, Diabetes is typically associated with a shorter life span:

Taylor:  Just happened to be watching Canada Hockey night and heard that you had been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.  I was 20 when I was diagnosed with the same thing and am now 77, father of 5 wonderful children, still playing golf and working.  Good luck and I hope to hear about you as the next bobby clark.  Tom Belshe  San Rafael, ca

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 08:32:50 AM »
:guesswho:

Offline karate man

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 12:03:53 PM »
mr. vausse seems like he is quite the talented story teller. he also seems like the kind of guy who would do anything to give his familly a comfertable
middle-class lifestyle.