Author Topic: What R some of the worst disco groups U ever sat thru?  (Read 10956 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What R some of the worst disco groups U ever sat thru?
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2007, 04:44:45 PM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Sad it is, when you describe more of the whole picture...  That kid has some serious self-esteem and self-acceptance issues.  I might go so far as to call it self-hatred.  Can't say I'm surprised to see that kind of thing not dealt with appropriately at Hyde; at a  bona fide school he would have definitely qualified for some long term therapy (but that would have gone against Hyde's premise for being, so no go).
The dude really doesn't like himself.  And that's the really fucked up part.  Whatever does Hyde do for him?  Hyde just feeds into that and exploits his bad feelings about himself in the worst possible way.  This guy's a tragedy in the making.

You totally got it. It's really sad that his issues won't be confronted because he's an asset that's being exploited.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2008, 06:35:28 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Sad it is, when you describe more of the whole picture...  That kid has some serious self-esteem and self-acceptance issues.  I might go so far as to call it self-hatred.  Can't say I'm surprised to see that kind of thing not dealt with appropriately at Hyde; at a  bona fide school he would have definitely qualified for some long term therapy (but that would have gone against Hyde's premise for being, so no go).
The dude really doesn't like himself.  And that's the really fucked up part.  Whatever does Hyde do for him?  Hyde just feeds into that and exploits his bad feelings about himself in the worst possible way.  This guy's a tragedy in the making.

You totally got it. It's really sad that his issues won't be confronted because he's an asset that's being exploited.

Yeah but how do you fell about being part of that?

Offline Dove

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2008, 03:41:03 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Yeah but how do you fell about being part of that?

I did everything I could for him. I tried to talk to him, but it was not effective. I was not in a position to help the boy. I suppose the people who possibly could have helped him weren't doing all they could do, but in all fairness a boy like that is very difficult to help.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: What R some of the worst disco groups U ever sat thru?
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2009, 04:26:43 PM »
Speaking of Discovery Groups, what the heck is a "Discovery Attorney/Consultant?" Is this a person who is a "Discovery Group Consultant," and also an attorney?

Does Hyde School now give out diplomas to Hyde parents as well? Boy, the Kool-Aid is gettin' really thick up there...

Here's a somewhat recent review of Joe Gauld's Character First: The Hyde School Way and Why It Works; publisher Prima Lifestyles, 1995. (Current best price: 37¢)

—•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•—

0 of 1 people found the following review helpful:

5.0 out of 5 stars
Hyde Saved My Daughter's Life, October 13, 2008
By Carol A. Fritz "Discovery Attorney/Consultant" (Philadelphia)

I am the parent of a Hyde School graduate and, having successfully completed the mandatory Family Education program, a proud graduate as well.

When I found out about the Hyde program in an online chat room for parents of teens in trouble, I bought this book. It was like a lifeline to me. I was so fed up with the superficiality of contemporary American culture. Here was someone willing to say that high values and effort are important in life. In my heart, I knew that the easy A's my daughter got at public school were more indicative of a failure of the schools to hold her to a high standard of scholarship than a sign of her accomplishment.

She went off the rails in her early teens. She calls those her "terminal years" as she's realized she was taking huge risks. I didn't expect her to live to eighteen.

Hyde School was the first place where she was challenged academically. They give an effort grade as well as an achievement grade. The effort grade is expected to exceed the achievement grade. With much struggle, she gained insight, compassion, and confidence in her abilities. She was well-prepared for college as she had great tools and study habits.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2009, 10:17:50 AM »
Discovery is the process of posing interrogatories in written form to the opposing council prior to a Civil matter being hear before a Judge.  A Discovery Attorney would be one that specializes in that piece of Civil Law.  IANAL, YMMV, always wear safety equipment , statements made here in should not be considered as legal advise.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2009, 11:02:38 AM »
Quote from: "Discovery Channel"
Discovery is the process of posing interrogatories in written form to the opposing council prior to a Civil matter being hear before a Judge.  A Discovery Attorney would be one that specializes in that piece of Civil Law.  IANAL, YMMV, always wear safety equipment , statements made here in should not be considered as legal advise.

Yep; I guess my socially retarded attempt at humor, by making a play on words, fell completely flat!  :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_(law)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2009, 11:42:22 AM »
The term "mental retardation" has itself now acquired some pejorative and shameful connotations over the last few decades due to the use of "retarded" as an insult.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retarded

That would be socially inept.  Using the term "retarded" to describe a substandard ability is like totally gay.

PS I would like the link to those Laurie Hurd photos you have please.  She is totally hot.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2009, 11:54:47 AM »
:roflmao:  :roflmao:
Nah, I think in my case the the descriptive "socially retarded" is far more apt. Being socially inept is a direct result of that. Being neurologically atypical is not an insult, except at Hyde, where one's social performance is expected to fall within strict parameters.

I have no pics of Laurie Hurd. Please don't make me be explicit as to what I think of her. I don't want to hurt your feelings. I've always been partial to mice.

- Charlie