Author Topic: how many of you went ot the police?  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
how many of you went ot the police?
« on: February 20, 2009, 03:13:21 AM »
i have trouble understanding how kids could have been abducted, imprisoned and tortured by cults since the 50s.
How many of you went to the police?

I feel very guilty about how I never put the person who totured/ brain damaged myself and my sister in prison. Is there something wrong with me? Is there something wrong with us? Did we not go to the police enough? What is the explanation

please help me understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(  :'(  :'(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: how many of you went ot the police?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 10:45:28 PM »
OK. So who went the police here?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 05:03:18 AM »
The police would have returned me to the facility and I would have been tormented worse. I think we already went over this. I have no guilt. It was survival and self preservation.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 05:54:09 AM »
Quote from: "Just Me"
The police would have returned me to the facility and I would have been tormented worse. I think we already went over this. I have no guilt. It was survival and self preservation.

but how bout AFTER you turned 18?

We have not been over this enough. I think an explanation for why they get away with is not enough of us go to the police.

Offline Rachael

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 01:12:18 PM »
I went to the police. The investigation is still open.
Justice, Justice shall you pursue.

Deuteronomy 16:20

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 07:51:27 PM »
Quote from: "Rachael"
I went to the police. The investigation is still open.

i'm so happy for you. I watched cbc documentary and cried for, like, a half hour. You should recognize you come accross as just about the most fantatsic person possible.

I didn't start this thread to be accusatory. I know for me---I never fought. My expereince was particularly difficult  ....I was very trapped.
I do think that's part of the problem that in general..we assume the police won't help us (and yes, they won't, for the most part) but after we turn 18 we don't realize we are now in a position to be "beleived" or, at least, of not being retaliated against in some way and we still don't do what we should.

I am curious to knoethe percentage of survivors who report the crimes against themselves. Not reporting these crimes is part of the legacy of the psychological problems induced by our abuse, imo.

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 05:04:18 PM »
As I understand it, one problem with reporting abuse is the short statute of limitations: You must file a complaint within 2 years of the abuse taking place. Another is details: You must be able to name a specific person who committed a specific crime on a specific date in a specific location. A third, and sadly huge, difficulty is credibility: When survivors say they were harmed, the program can say they are liars and manipulators and were defective when they came to the program.

It is an extremely frustrating situation.

On the other hand, whenever a program can be successfully prosecuted or sued, it is a huge victory and builds a body of case law that will help the next person.

One area in which programs have successfully been sued is in malpractice: The child did not have the condition the program diagnosed, or the treatment did not match accepted practice for the treatment of the condition (such as the case of the parents being told a no-sugar diet and fresh air/sunshine would treat a child's bipolar disorder and depression--as documented by the GAO report).

Auntie Em
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 10:11:29 AM »
I went to a psychiatrist after CEDU (probably talked to him around 1982). He seemed sort of shocked as to what was going on, I don't know if he understood all of the mumbo jumbo that I told him about it. I guess if he tried he wasn't able to do much since it seemed to be business as usual there through the 80's.