Author Topic: Feminism, The New Hormone Therapy  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Feminism, The New Hormone Therapy
« on: January 28, 2009, 02:55:13 PM »
Why on earth would I want to be a man, when I can be a woman? ( Excluding all Trans-Gender issues here, this is a personal statement)

I dont like Feminism.  That may seem odd coming from a female, however I think feminism has decidedly weakend women on the whole, not strengthened them.  I dont want to be like a man, I dont want to be treated equal to a man, I dont want the same pay or ability to play sports as a man.  I want to be a WOMAN.  I want to be respected for what I am naturally, not how well I compare to the male model, cause let me tell ya folks....thats just not possible.  Not any more possible than a man giving birth. (And the guy who just gave birth wasnt a guy completely he still had his woman parts).

I am soft and thoughtful and nurturing, I am intelligent and respectful and supportive, I admire nature and balance and beauty and the incredibly important biological role bestowed upon me in this life.  Ill tear the eyes out of anyone or anything that threatens my family or my children or my freshly baked blueberry mufins.  I am a healer and a mystic and a scholar and I can change a tire when I need to but I prefer not to, thanks.

Women need to start finding out how to gain respect for what they are intristically, not what they can match above and beyond their gender.  Women are one half of the equation, one with two parts....the equation is useless if the two parts are the same.

:flip:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Feminism, The New Hormone Therapy
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 03:31:31 PM »
Like this Israeli/Palestinian thread.  I predict this one will not end either.  A fairly provocative  start, and  I can't say I agree with most of the OP either (though my mom probably would).

Take the "tire changing" thing.  Personally, I don't' believe males are any more inclined towards the mechanical than females.  I believe most of it is "nurture" by society and it's roles/expectations rather than any inherent strengths or weaknesses in either sex.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 03:56:01 PM »
Of course society plays a part, the whole darn thing is pretty complex....I just think there are things women are really good at and that should be admired and respected, just as there are things men are really good at....its the admiration and respect that should be equal and complimentary...not the specifics of roles.  

I mean on a VERY fundamental level, its extremely important that men and women function opposingly, thats the entire concept behind balance.  I just fail to see anything wrong with that.  And it seems to me that Feminists in particular just have it all wrong, they all seem to hate men and while they are at it they seem to hate themselves too......they make it look like a big ass pity party rather than a female renaissance.  

I want to know why a vast majority of women who are lesbians try to dress, speak and behave like men.  Seriously, Im not being offensive, I am genuinely curious, because that seems all sorts of strange to me.  Like loving women but hating being one....I dont see what balance can come from that.  I think lesbians should be women AND lesbians.  Not pseudo-men.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 04:19:44 PM »
Quote from: "Carmel"
I want to know why a vast majority of women who are lesbians try to dress, speak and behave like men.  Seriously, Im not being offensive, I am genuinely curious, because that seems all sorts of strange to me.  Like loving women but hating being one....I dont see what balance can come from that.  I think lesbians should be women AND lesbians.  Not pseudo-men.

OK.  But who defines "man-like" and "woman-like"?
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 05:03:03 PM »
Im not trying to dissect the issue....I dont think its that complicated, I also dont think its un-PC to state that men and women are vastly different in many ways, i.e "man-like" and "women-like" regardless of who dictates the definition...there can be many definitions.  The fact is that regardless of the source of the stereotype, if a woman chooses to act like a man or the societal definition of a man, yet shuns men in general...I personally find that to be unbalanced...just like when I see men who behave like women and yet they treat them with disgust.  It has nothing to do with being gay either, so dont jump on me about that....I take zero issue with being gay.  

I just dont think its necessary to try and blur up the lines between our differences in order to accomodate people. Its like saying what is "hippo-like" and "bird-like", just because birds like to sit on the backs of hippos and pick bugs doesnt mean they are going to function well if they grow tusks...its sort of cop-out, to me anyways.