Author Topic: Who is the new female director at Northwest?  (Read 2182 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Who is the new female director at Northwest?
« on: January 20, 2009, 02:30:11 PM »
According to a worried parent on another board she has a CEDU past.

Who is this woman and what do we know about her?

They have ordered the poor lonely mother off the campus because they think that the son and the mother are too "co-dependent". And the son needs his mom and she needs him too because she is bullied at her work. She cannot quit because she then needs "to save her sons life" and has to go to work every day taking all the dirty words etc. It is a hard time when it comes to money.

So in order to help her a little (Some parents are human) lets digg up what dirty clothes his new director has in her closet. We have infiltrated this parent board, so we can pm the mom secretly.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline cedurs91to93

• View Profile
Re: Who is the new female director at Northwest?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 12:34:28 PM »
From what I could see, her posts were from 2006....not recent at all.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 01:00:04 PM »
Quote from: "cedurs91to93"

Nah...the mother joined that board/forum in 2006. The posts were made yesterday (post date is in upper left corner).

Is the new director Devorah McIntosh? She's been there a while as Academic Director. Many people there have CEDU in their past, according to older staff bios. I seem to remember Steve Rookey was also there for a time as well.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 01:58:07 PM »
Executive Director as of last June 'till at least late 2008 was/is Ian Mclain, formerly Clinical Director at Peninsula Village. I cannot find someone with the title "Executive Director" currently listed on Northwest Academy's website. Do they keep that information private?

—•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•—

Breaking News
Posted: Jun 18, 2008

Northwest Academy
Naples, ID

Greetings From Northwest Academy's Adam Mclain

Adam Mclain
877-882-0980
http://www.nwacademy.net

Message from the Executive Director, Dr. Adam McLain

June 17, 2008

Northwest Academy's mission to provide the highest level of excellence with regard to clinical, programmatic, and academic quality to struggling teens, ages 16 to 18 distinctly coincides with my professional pursuit to create healthy environments where all children flourish and experience success. It is for this reason that I am excited to join the long standing tradition at Northwest Academy and look forward to building upon its strong foundation.

In April, I relocated to the beautiful North Idaho Mountains with my wife and two children to assume the Executive Director position at Northwest Academy. As the Clinical Director at Peninsula Village in Knoxville, Tennessee for the last 5 years, I have grown and developed my clinical and administrative experience and have had many successes with struggling adolescents and their families. In that capacity, I had the pleasure of working with many of you and I look forward to embarking on this journey together.

Known for its specialized attention to juniors and seniors, Northwest Academy provides the older adolescent with age and developmentally appropriate experiences, challenges and support. Individual, group and family therapy are integrated with college preparatory academics and experiential activities which are provided by credentialed, supportive and experienced staff. These young adults are assisted in creating post High School goals and plans that match their potential, challenge their beliefs and assumptions, move beyond past failures and re-ignite dreams.

As a father of two, I understand the love a parent has for their child, particularly when their child is hurting. Please assure the families you work with that I care deeply about the outcomes of the adolescents you entrust in our care. I appreciate your interest in Northwest Academy and with your support I believe it will prosper beyond our expectations.

Copyright © 2009, Woodbury Reports, Inc.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 02:08:42 PM »
Here is what the mother wrote, from the link in Oscar's post above:

~And then I find out Friday that there is a new director at Matt's program, and her past history is as a director for the CEDU of family services (CEDU has at last a dozen or more former lawsuits against it for abuse. These are the programs rotsne talks about incessantly - however this was about 7 years ago - and she was not directly involved in any of the centers with lawsuits.) None the less, panic, fear, this desperate need to control, and make sure Matt is safe.

~In addition no one will call me back from Matt's program except on my one scheduled weekly phone call. Matt and I are still not able to talk without a counselor member present - and only three times a week. On our last phone call Matt apologized for implying to me that there was a problem with transportation there, and that his counselor told him not to tell me such things because if I get "too wound up" I will not be able to have a visit with him in March.

Offline cedurs91to93

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 06:07:57 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"

Nah...the mother joined that board/forum in 2006. The posts were made yesterday (post date is in upper left corner).

Is the new director Devorah McIntosh? She's been there a while as Academic Director. Many people there have CEDU in their past, according to older staff bios. I seem to remember Steve Rookey was also there for a time as well.

sorry about that- my eyes must not be workign right lately.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 08:38:47 PM »
sorry about that- my eyes must not be workign right lately.

Oh, it's not your eyes. I made the exact same mistake the first time I visited that link. It's something about the way that forum is set up... Join-date is in huge script and separated from the poster's details.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 10:19:50 PM »
it must be nothing short of sweet rapture to head to the idaho panhandle and frolic in the CEDU petri dish

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 11:52:25 AM »
There really is only one solution with situations like that...

Get the fuck up to Idaho and demand to see your kid. If they try to cockblock you, get the cops involved. The law is on your side, because you have custody.

Once you are reunited with him, take him off campus, preferably at least as far away as sandpoint, and talk with him about how it's going. The farther away from the campus, the better.

This woman sounds like she has a problem with being put upon, so not sure if she has the backbone to do such a thing. The best would be to PM her and explain this option, and let her know that she is entirely within her rights.

The fact that she has to stay working in this shitty fucking job, in part so her son can go to this shitty fucking school, officially sucks shitty donkey balls.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 02:12:48 PM »
Personally I find it very disturbing. The Victims list we have recorded after a stay such a RTC / TBS is growing too fast.

I fear for the life of this boy. Because it is an open campus he can go into the woods and dissapear. Did they ever find Daniel Yuen?

It is just one of the most dangerous situations you can place a youth in. Did someone every hear of that diagnose or is it just an excuse to drag him further into "therapy"?

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 06:28:30 PM »
I often think about Daniel, and wonder if he is ok. His parents are so fucked up about all of it. They put him in there because the school told them they would help with his studies. He was a little depressed and his grades were falling because of it. I fucking hate admissions people for this industry. I think any parent talking to one should view them with as much suspicion as a used car salesman.