Author Topic: PLEASE HELP!  (Read 4431 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
PLEASE HELP!
« on: January 17, 2009, 11:30:46 PM »
Im a mother of a 15yr old boy...and he is slowly loosing his future...he is ditching classes, failing the ones he does attend and is smoking pot.  Ive had the zero tolerance conversations, but I cant be with my son 24hrs a day to monitor what he is doing.  Ive informed the school that he is buying drugs on campus, wont allow friends at our house, or him at theirs, but he still finds a way. Ive tried looking up any resources on line, but they consist of schools out of state and thousands of dollars.  I believe my son is at the beginning of a very bad path and Im quite sure if I can find a "scared straight" program that will steer him onto a better path...unfortunately I cant find one...I saw one on the Maricopa Sherrif's website to SHARE tents but that program has been gone for over a year.  Does anyone have any ideas or know of a place that I can refer my son to?  PLEASE HELP!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 11:48:34 PM »
YOU ARE A HORRIBLE PARENT FOR EVEN ASKING SUCH A QUESTION.

YOU SHOULD OF NEVER HAD KIDS!

BAD KIDS COME FROM BAD PARENTING. I SUGGEST YOU TAKE A LONG HARD LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND COME TO TERMS WITH WHAT A LAME PARENT YOU TURNED OUT TO BE. GO ASK YOUR KID FORGIVENESS FOR BEING SUCH A SHITTY PARENT.

YOU ARE LUCKY YOUR KID IS ONLY SMOKING POT. IF I WAS YOUR KID I WOULD HAVE PROBABLY ALREADY KILLED MYSELF BY NOW. I DONT KNOW HOW YOUR KID CAN PUT UP WITH YOU WITH JUST A POT HIGH. THEY ARE PROBABLY DOING SOME SERIOUS DRUGS JUST TO COVER UP THE PAIN FROM BEING WHELPED OUT OF YOUR SORRY ASS LAME PARENTING RAGGEDY WRINKLED SMELLY OLD CUNT.

SOLUTION? KILL YOURSELF NOW AND LEAVE YOUR ESTATE TO YOUR SON ALONG WITH AN APOLOGY LETTER HOPING HIM TO HAVE A BETTER LIFE WITHOUT YOUR PRESENCE.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 05:10:18 AM »
Quote from: "Martha"
Im a mother of a 15yr old boy...and he is slowly loosing his future...he is ditching classes, failing the ones he does attend and is smoking pot.  Ive had the zero tolerance conversations, but I cant be with my son 24hrs a day to monitor what he is doing.  Ive informed the school that he is buying drugs on campus, wont allow friends at our house, or him at theirs, but he still finds a way. Ive tried looking up any resources on line, but they consist of schools out of state and thousands of dollars.  I believe my son is at the beginning of a very bad path and Im quite sure if I can find a "scared straight" program that will steer him onto a better path...unfortunately I cant find one...I saw one on the Maricopa Sherrif's website to SHARE tents but that program has been gone for over a year.  Does anyone have any ideas or know of a place that I can refer my son to?  PLEASE HELP!

Smells like troll but i will respond anyway.

Smoking pot is not the problem. Most times kids who have a hard time in school and who turn to a habitual usage of drugs are self medicating underlying issues and or mental disorders. A "scared straight" program is really the last place he will get adequate help for these problems. Have you noticed depression, isolation, social anxiety and or self esteem issues with your son in the past? These are all signs of underlying problems. Drugs don't do people, people do drugs and there is a reason why they start. Try addressing these possible mental health issues BEFORE you consider any further steps especially about placement in a treatment facility. Get him to see a youth therapist maybe even a psychiatrist if there is a diagnosis, but I STRONGLY recommend FAMILY COUNSELING. because your son is only a small part of the problem here, from what I can tell it is mostly how you relate to him.

Honestly lady, you need to realize that smoking pot in this day and age is NORMAL TEENAGE BEHAVIOR!! and weed is not this scary gateway drug that it was made out to be in the 70's, and I can bet you that this is not a bad habit he is most likely experimenting or using socially. You MUST realize that just smoking weed does not automatically mean he is headed down a "very bad path" honestly this hysteria that today's parents get caught up in is so maddening to me. I can't even tell you how many people I know who have smoked weed as a teen and turned out just fine. Weed is not "dope" anymore grandma, its a pretty typical thing these days and its well on its way to being legalized. Weed has no harmful side effects and serves a positive medicinal purpose. Think of it as an herbal approach to medicating many painful and depressive disorders. Odds actually are that it is helping him to improve his self esteem, relate to his peers and develop a harmonious self image. If the school work has become a problem because he prefers to socialize (and smoking weed is part of that) well, that's when the good ol parenting comes in. Sit down with him, have a talk... tell him you are concerned for his future and there could be life long consequences if he doesn't start making his education a priority. Talk to him about his dreams and hopes for the future basically "what he wants to be when he grows up" Talk to him about college and the economy and what its like to live on your own and support yourself, tell him he has to pay attention now and learn these skills or he will be left in the dust and stuck struggling to survive for the rest of his life. You need to parent your child not punish him and no they are not the same thing, earn his trust and give him some trust in return. Talk to him about his drug use, do not punish him for it, just talk to him about it, as to why he does it and how it makes him feel when he uses and if he uses with friends or alone... basically find out if hes self medicating and offer him to get help the legal way through a doctor and medication. I will say tho, if you are afraid of gateway drugs often the pharmaceutical drugs are FAR worse depending on the diagnosis. Most times some people are much better off smoking weed. There are more than plenty of adults who have learned how to use marijuana responsibly, and most others use a few times during their life and quit. Weed is not the devil, stop making it such a big deal and just keep an eye on how he chooses to handle this life lesson. STOP punishing him for such insignificant issues, you are only driving him away. I don't know how many teen years you have left with your son but believe me if you don't lighten up and start letting him live his life and make the mistakes he needs to make in order to learn his life lessons you will only find raising him to be much MUCH harder. The harder you push the more he will pull away from you and lose trust and love for you. These are your fears, misconceptions and control issues here it has nothing to do with his ability to grow through this phase in his life, and YOU are the one that needs to deal with that. DON'T screw up his whole life because you apparently don't know how to be a parent. and just a tid bit, NO, I don't do drugs not even weed. Yes, I have smoked weed as a teen and learned the lesson I was supposed to learn. Being a kid is exactly what he needs in order to get to the point where he chooses on his own not to use, and the more you try to force him to quit and especially if you send him to a program the more issues he will develop giving him MORE reason to want to smoke weed when hes 18.

You have NO reason to send your kid to a program, and futhermore coming here to ask us if there are any good programs is like going to a slaughterhouse looking for tofu. Don't expect a nicer response than this one either. :flame:
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 09:46:07 AM »
Has the sheriff closed SMART tents (link to our datasheet)?

The website is still up. Don't worry. In a country where one out of 100 are in prison and 1 of 8 has been in prison at one point in his or her life if the present strategy is kept, he doesn't need a program to learn him about prison. He will be there in due time.

Another thing. I suspect that you are a troll, if it isn't so then let me inform you.

Even parents on parent message boards know that a person, who don't acknowledge his or her addiction should be allowed to hit rock bottom. Using even a cent on rehab without this acknowledgment is waste of money. From a thread on one of these message boards:

Quite honestly, all the rehab in the world won't help until he hits bottom and admits he has a problem. I am sorry.

Second he needs to accept that he has a problem or your money is wasted. No human can fix a problem they are not acknowledging.

Rehab will only work if your son wants it to work. If not, he will return to the same area and might begin using again.

There is only one thing you can help him with. You can avoid being an enabler! Give him your love, food and a place to feed but nothing else. No money, nothing else. Let him know that he can talk to you and you know.  Addiction is something many people struggle with. In some businesses like the media business it seems that you cannot succeed without having at least one stint in rehab under your belt.

Back to your son: What if he continues to use regardless of the fact that you have outlined some household rules?

I would recommend that you leave some articles about the Nebraska laws lying around for him to discover. He needs to understand there are other places to live by his rules if he doesn't accept your rules. You don't need to waste your money to tell him that and a waste it would be until you are honest with him.

I guess that if you phoned an RTC tomorrow they will offer to transport him into their program sooner than yesterday, but remember they are in the business for profit. If you ran a businees you would properly recommed your services also.

I pray that you find the courage to level with your son and be a strong parent.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 10:19:29 AM »
Statistically, out of the kids who abuse drugs or alcohol during the teenage or early adult years (this is very common), the VAST majority will grow out of it.  Here is an article by stanton peele intitled "don't panic - a parent's guide"

http://www.peele.net/lib/panic.html

He provides alternatives to treatment and warns against it: "Children need to be a part of the decision to seek treatment. Otherwise, parents are in a position of coercing their children. This kind of "tough love" can be a highly risky business: It strips children of their identities and attacks their insecure egos."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 10:21:06 AM »
He also write in the article:
"Inpatient treatment programs are rarely justified for children's healthy development.10 They can even harm children by giving them identities as alcoholics or substance abusers, and setting them up for relapse.11 The programs also foster relapse by isolating children in a setting that's very different from the setting they'll face outside treatment. This is the case for a parent who says, "My child does very well in treatment, but the second he comes home he heads right over to the local marijuana dealer's home.""

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 10:37:59 AM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
You have NO reason to send your kid to a program, and futhermore coming here to ask us if there are any good programs is like going to a slaughterhouse looking for tofu.

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :tup:
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 11:47:13 AM »
Get and Read:  "Help At Any Cost:  How the Troubled-Teen Industry Cons Parents and Hurts Kids" Riverhead, 2006

http://www.helpatanycost.com/

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 11:54:28 AM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
NO, I don't do drugs not even weed.

Don't you know that weed isn't a drug? It's just an herb, like parsley or mint.

On fornits you are required to give a quotation to prove you are right, so here is one that proves ME right:

Quote from: "Thurgood Jenkins"
I don't do drugs, though. Just weed.

Quote from: "Bob Saget or Kev August"
Marijuana is not a drug. I used to suck dick for coke. Now that's an addiction. You ever suck some dick for marijuana?

There you have it. WEED IS MOST Definitely NOT A DRUG!

The allowable term is " herbal supplement ".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 12:21:32 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
SOLUTION? KILL YOURSELF NOW AND LEAVE YOUR ESTATE TO YOUR SON ALONG WITH AN APOLOGY LETTER HOPING HIM TO HAVE A BETTER LIFE WITHOUT YOUR PRESENCE.

I have a strong suspicion that the first two posts were written by the same person, but rofl anyway.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 12:32:01 PM »

I have a strong suspicion that the first two posts were written by the same person, but rofl anyway.
I'd have to agree.  The timing of the two would seem to indicate as much.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 12:32:23 PM »
Or you could take a look at the book thewho use to push "What it takes to pull me through".  This gives insight into the inside of the program day to day.
Its a little easier read.

http://http://www.davemarcus.com/

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 01:15:04 PM »

I'd have to agree. The timing of the two would seem to indicate as much.

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!  :beat:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 07:41:05 PM »
Martha is a DIRTY WHORE!

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 08:09:36 PM »
Yea, that's sad. Who really comes to an anti-program site looking for a recommendation and insists on placing a child in a program. You would think that there is enough information on these forums and on the internet as a whole that would be able to lead even the stupidest parents away from this decision. This really pisses me off, just the reasoning she has to send him away, coupled with her ignorance being as it obvious she is landing in the right place for information yet STILL decides to do it. I'd just like to put it out there that this woman COMPLETELY proves my theory that the epic hysteria of today's parents is the only reason these programs still exist. If it weren't for this woman's psychotic control issues this kid would have never been doomed to endure the massive amount of psychological damage that is headed his way right now. I can only hope that by some miracle this ?Ben Franklin A?cademy is a far cry from the programs we all know to be abusive.

My heart goes out to her son, but hes probably better off in a program than growing up around this psycho bitch. ::unhappy::
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]