Author Topic: Tranquility Bay CLOSED!  (Read 5904 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Re: Tranquility Bay CLOSED!
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2009, 03:38:45 AM »
For their system to work, they need a place for youth violating their zero-tolerance policy. Some needs to obtain the latest version of one of their contracts. Then the answer is given.

Gulf Coast Academy turned out to be too expensive to repair if they want to stop the youth from escaping the facility.

I see Oceanside as a finishing school for Ivy Ridge, which cannot issue papers from their normal diploma mill due to laws in the state of New York. It is too small and placed in the middle of Rosarito where the authorities can see what is going on very easy. Wouldn't the neighbors react to the screams?

I think that they learned their lesson so off-shore camps need to be for youth, they have broken.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 09:50:58 AM by Oscar »

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2009, 06:36:15 AM »
Quote from: "psy"
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
many schools have dropped out and become independent

LOL.  That's not quite true.  They claim to be independent, but they're not really.  Still got the same billing address for ALL the schools.  I have up to date contracts for all of them.

WWASP is changing, but all they're doing is diversifying into more complex front groups.

I do think, however, that negative criticism has had a LOT to do with the decline of their business and is exactly what is making these changes necessary for them (why else would they be doing that).  What's needed now is to target the schools individually by those names and make sure to tie them back to wwasp with proof (which we have).

Right on the money Psy.

Programs only change because they have to. It costs money to change locations, names, etc. I see this as a defensive move on their part. No matter what they do, we need to follow them and let them know we will not stop watching them closely.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2009, 06:45:41 AM »
The key to remember is that parents considering such schools will no longer be searching for "WWASP" to research such schools, and they may just buy the bullshit that the schools have cut off ties with the less savory organzation (implies they've cleaned up their act, which history says does not happen)

So.  In a sense, I think we're one step of the game targeting individual WWASP schools with websites, but we need to work on those fast before they get a foothold.  They watch these sites, absolutely, and the race is on.  Its time we got off our duffs with the Darrington, Midwest, SCLA, etc, sites.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 07:21:11 AM »
Yep, and however long this recession lasts will be the best time to strike. This next year will be a very interesting time.

When I was a kid, I taught myself how to catch fish with my hands one summer. At first, it didn't work and they would always slip out of my grasp or I would get a sharp barb in my hand. I thought I would never be able to catch them but I was stubborn. As time passed, I didn't give up and I found different techniques to fool the fish and I altered the way I would hunt them. I learned about speed, planning, mudding the water and corraling them into a shallow section where they were cornered. I learned a lot more than that, but the end result was that by the end of the summer, I could catch a fish with my hands every time. I learned this because I was patient and paid close attention to my techniques and what I was doing wrong.

These programs are slippery and smart, but we can hunt them. And we can stop them.
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2009, 08:03:09 AM »
I like that analogy.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Miss Antsy Pam

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2009, 11:21:54 AM »
OMG!!  Nothing would make me happier than to be able to confirm that TB is really closed.  I will keep checking this thread.  The mere fact that this particular school has stayed open with parents still CHOOSING to send their kid to a program rife with negative media attention has been a motivator in keeping myself involved in this cause!
United we stand....divided....we fail!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2009, 02:45:46 AM »
Actually given the choice I would close Majestic Ranch next. it is easy to forget that this place keeps 10 year olds.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2009, 04:20:37 AM »
Quote from: "psy"
Quote from: "wdtony"
Yep, and however long this recession lasts will be the best time to strike. This next year will be a very interesting time.

When I was a kid, I taught myself how to catch fish with my hands one summer. At first, it didn't work and they would always slip out of my grasp or I would get a sharp barb in my hand. I thought I would never be able to catch them but I was stubborn. As time passed, I didn't give up and I found different techniques to fool the fish and I altered the way I would hunt them. I learned about speed, planning, mudding the water and corraling them into a shallow section where they were cornered. I learned a lot more than that, but the end result was that by the end of the summer, I could catch a fish with my hands every time. I learned this because I was patient and paid close attention to my techniques and what I was doing wrong.

These programs are slippery and smart, but we can hunt them. And we can stop them.

I like that analogy.

:agree:
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 04:31:40 PM »
yes im so happy it is closed. the worst exp of my life

Offline firstresponder

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 05:24:19 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Actually given the choice I would close Majestic Ranch next. it is easy to forget that this place keeps 10 year olds.

my money would be on Pillars of Hope, located in Costa Rica.

still away from the American laws.

BUT i still feel that untill i SEE PROF that TB is closed it is not closed. you can say anything you want i have heard it a hundred times before and it was wrong. and when i see prof that TB is closed ill be sick for a week due to intoxication.
trained to save you ass not kiss it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 09:30:09 AM »
My fingers are crossed for the confirmation that this hellhole has been closed. All these places do is ruin family trust and create problems for the futures kids. It has to end entirely.

YOu need a license in this country even to catch a fish, people, but not to raise children or it seemed for a while to open a private school. :birthday:

Offline Ryinthesky

• View Profile
    • http://thehub.usairways.com
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »
If it is factual that TB is finally closed I will be quite happy. There wont be much to do in regard to clean up there that is for sure. A few plastic chairs and pencils and we can hit it will a bulldozer and put up the survivor resort!  :seg:  :rocker:  :rasta:
It\'s not the exception, it\'s the rule!

Offline firstresponder

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2009, 03:28:43 PM »
screw the bulldozer im a farmer and know how to get rid of prairie dog holes if you know what i mean.
trained to save you ass not kiss it.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2009, 04:32:49 PM »
Quote from: "firstresponder"
Quote from: "Guest"

my money would be on Pillars of Hope, located in Costa Rica.

still away from the American laws.

BUT i still feel that untill i SEE PROF that TB is closed it is not closed. you can say anything you want i have heard it a hundred times before and it was wrong. and when i see prof that TB is closed ill be sick for a week due to intoxication.

I  believe that they have to search for another place. The court stated that abuse had been done, but the employers managed to flee the country before justice could catch them. As the present sub-contract states:

Pilares de Esperanza Language and Vocational Institute

This agreement is made for the specific intention of transferring a student to Pilares de Esperanza from a similar
school. Students must have achieved Merit Status 2 – Achievement Status with 500 Merits, be enrolled in the
similar school for a minimum of two months, and apply for the Study Abroad option to qualify for transfer to
Pilares de Esperanza. They must have successfully graduated Orientation Seminar. If needed, a passport can be
obtained while the student is qualifying to transfer. Any class work and merits from his/her success program
will transfer with him/her to POHLVI of Costa Rica after meeting the requirements to transfer to Costa Rica. If
at any time students choose by their actions or preference to leave Costa Rica, or are expelled from the school,
parents/sponsors may choose to reenroll their student at their previous school.

Once the student has qualified to transfer and has a passport, s/he will be transferred to Pilares de Esperanza.
There is a one thousand five hundred (1,500) transfer fee that can be split in two equal payments over two
months and paid with the student monthly fee paid at <webpage address>. The transfer fee will cover costs
of round-trip transportation to Costa Rica and passport if needed. After transferring to Costa Rica, sponsors will
be billed for the following tuition and fees schedule starting:

As for Oceanside, which I also don't believe is the new TB, I have more info. The senior staff is:

Program director: Amy Ritchie
Medical director: Dr. Habib Kuri
Parent Coordinator: Christina Kaminski

Maybe some of the names ring a bell. If you want to drive there:

DIRECTIONS FROM THE BORDER TO OCEANSIDE
Close to the border on the U.S. side are stores where you can buy vehicle insurance for the day.

* From the San Diego border crossing (I-5 / I-805) follow the orange construction signs that say Rosarito, Playas de Tijuana (in the middle lane)
* Follow Playas de Tijuana signs toward the left that bring you onto Scenic Road Route 1
* Follow Route 1 about 20 miles until you see signs for Rosarito
* Soon after the 2nd Rosarito exit, Rosarito Centro, slow down and prepare to take the 3rd Rosarito exit. There is a Jersey Leche (milk) plant and a Pemex Gas station on the right of the highway, just off the exit.
* After exiting the highway, take the first right
* The milk plant and gas station will be on your right and a small auto repair garage on your left.
* Oceanside is the orange building on the left just past the auto repair garage.

You may pull into the covered parking.
Free parking!!! Let me sign my kids up at once.

I guess that we have to look at another place for a placement of their zero-tolerance kids. We just have to continue to digg.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2009, 03:41:38 PM »
Does ANYONE have any real, concrete proof that it's closed?
I'm talking about anything *other* than anonymous, unnamed sources.