Author Topic: Victims list update  (Read 5584 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Victims list update
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2009, 07:50:55 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"

Its easy to say why someone killed themself if they were in a Gulag like CEDU or Elan. It would be harder to determine why kids commit suicide when they are not in these institutions. Abusive parents rarely say that they were abusive, and even kid's suicide notes aren't always reliable because they are often reflections of their induced self-hatred and appeals for love based on what they think people want to hear
I see what you are saying and there lies the problem.  How do we compare the number of suicides in and out of program?  We cant rely on staff, parents or kids notes to understand why because they may be lying or not have a clear understanding of the child so the results would be unclear.

YES but you have some illustrative hard data. When it's shown  program victims commit suicide at rates 3000 times higher than non-program alumni, there's an indication programs caused the massive suicide rates, especially couples with victims testimony of the "treatment" alloted in Cultic-Gulags.

There have been studies on this on Canadian victims of brainwashing (govt. testing). Their damage was so severe a large percentage became permanently grossly disabled, "childlike."

So, high suicide rates in states-site victims of brainwashing(cedu, elan, desisto victims) would be in in accordance with their prognosis. Especially kids in a long time, from an early age who weren't granted a lot post-program support (and considering the sort of "parents" who lock their kids up, that's most of them) and who couldn't "manipulate" the system (save themselves from attack by forming self-serving alliences)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2009, 08:02:31 PM »
I think long periods of being in a program do a lot of damage. Especially when you are talking about several years. I also think some programs target specific students for more abuse, and when the others get a lot less, the singled out one is apt to go more crazy than he might have had the abuse been more "democratic." There is less chance of ever getting any validation for one's suffering later on down the road. The others would very much prefer to think that he or she had it coming to them and that they, the less targeted ones, are "better."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2009, 08:45:09 PM »
I think long periods of being in a program do a lot of damage. Especially when you are talking about several years. I also think some programs target specific students for more abuse, and when the others get a lot less, the singled out one is apt to go more crazy than he might have had the abuse been more "democratic." There is less chance of ever getting any validation for one's suffering later on down the road. The others would very much prefer to think that he or she had it coming to them and that they, the less targeted ones, are "better."

Yes, what's not addressed often here is how kids in cultic gulags are targeted more than others, not just by staff but by other teenage detainees. Scapegoating is inevitable because of the methodology of thought reform tactics . I wonder if the inevitability of scapegoating and singling out of particular children is intentionally "built" into the system

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2009, 10:27:09 PM »
Yes, what's not addressed often here is how kids in cultic gulags are targeted more than others, not just by staff but by other teenage detainees. Scapegoating is inevitable because of the methodology of thought reform tactics . I wonder if the inevitability of scapegoating and singling out of particular children is intentionally "built" into the system

What better way to keep them all in line than by encouraging them to turn on one another. It makes the disparity of power between the adults and the kids yet all that more pronounced.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2009, 08:59:26 AM »
Oscar, that link doesn't really work. Could you please try to repost it? I couldn't figure it out.