Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 3458 times)

Offline MCL27

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/srfbrass
Introduction
« on: January 12, 2009, 04:07:01 PM »
Hello my name is Matt, I recently graduated from college and served four years in the United States Army; during my last year I was deployed to Iraq.   I want to take the time to say a few words about something that I believe spits in the face of the principles of the country I helped serve and protect.
Over the past several months I have been doing a lot of research on behavior modification schools; for those of you who are not familiar with behavior modification it is simply another term for brainwashing.  I started my research after I came across an internet forum called Anti-WWASP, after visiting the forum I learned that WWASP is an acronym for World Wide Specialty Schools which is a company based out of Utah that owns and operates behavior modification schools across the United States and in other countries.  I also learned that WWASP is not the only organization that uses behavior modification techniques in their schools and programs.  For the most part behavior modification schools are marketed towards parents of troubled children between the ages of twelve and eighteen; most of these children have mental illnesses ranging from bipolar disorder to depression.  Although some have been ordered to attend by the courts most of these children have never been in trouble with the law.  What makes these schools and programs so horrible are the techniques that they use to “treat” the children attending.  In any behavior modification program children are told whom, when and how often they can communicate with anyone in and outside the school or program; this can also include banning of television, newspapers and any other form of outside information.  Perhaps the most heinous technique used on many of these children is blaming them for circumstances beyond their control; a common example is blaming a child for being molested or raped.  
If you are reading this I am sure you have already read many personal accounts of former students and even former staff members corroborating the use of such abusive techniques.  
I was fortunate to have never attended any school or program that utilized behavior modification.  I nonetheless feel compelled to do what I can to raise awareness about such programs in an effort to put a stop to them.  The more research I have done the more abuses I have uncovered; the former students and staff to whom I have spoken to have nothing to gain by fabricating such information.  I hope that new laws will be made or old ones changed to give children the same legal protection as adults so that they are no longer treated as sub-citizens.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:46:44 PM by MCL27 »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 05:00:26 PM »
I'll give you some free advice. Don't believe everything you read on the internet, a lot of it is hype. Wasp is one of the larger programs, that serves thousands of youth each year. You might notice that anti-wasp has about a half dozen regular posters. You also might have taken note at how slow the wasp forum is on this forum. There is a reason for this, and if you think about it, you just might figure it out.

The truth is, wasp helps kids and families through a troubled time. There will always be bitter people who did not want to learn new skills. Go into any bar and you can hear people complaining about this or that, parents and family. It's no different with wasp, it's an easy target for people to blame when their lives don't work out the way they planned. I suggest you call a wasp school near you, and ask for a free tour. They are very open to the press, and if you explain who you are they will be helpful in showing you the truth. Good luck on your journey to figuring out the truth about wasp, it has just begun.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline MCL27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 06:54:20 PM »
This is an article was written while Ivy Ridge was affiliated with WWASP.  Also go to the Anti-WWASP link and read the post from First Responder.

http://www.antiwwasp.com/forum/lounge/1 ... ntrol.html

http://nospank.net/n-q11r.htm

Offline Miss Antsy Pam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 10:21:55 PM »
Hey MCL,

Nice to see you on Fornits.  This is a much different environment than antiwwasp and people here can be brutal.  Kudos for posting in the "free for all" forum; I got slaughtered in the WWASP forum!   I find it interesting to see other people that are not directly tied in some way to these programs post on these boards.  Most are survivors, friends of survivors, former employees, parents (me) and ...pssst...program staff/parents ^^^as seen in post right after your OP.

Of course you should not believe everything  you read on the Internet, no one is saying you do.  However, you cannot dismiss the MASSIVE amount of negative effects these programs has had on families.  If you do your research you might, just might, find 20,000 anti-program posts, or negative report, for every 1 positive post or media report, other than through the program specific sites.  Are ALL these people telling the same tale lying?   Sure, we are...LOL!!

I commend you in your quest to be a part of this community and to feel the outrage and disgust we all feel. I hope I live long enough to see the end to this entire industry!

Welcome to Fornits   :cheers:
United we stand....divided....we fail!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
fornits welcomes you
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 10:53:30 AM »
"Brutal"?  ::)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 02:48:25 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
I'll give you some free advice.

Please don't.  Nobody asked you and nobody gives a shit what you think.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 04:27:53 PM »
Quote from: "univiuan;"
I'll give you some free advice.

Please don't.  Nobody asked you and nobody gives a shit what you think.
Actually I'd like to hear more from this idiot, just for laughs.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: fornits welcomes you
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 10:21:30 PM »
Quote from: "Miss Ant C. Spam"

Lay off Pam, she's got enough problems.

He said that I am just an addict and a “Xan head”…meaning I am wasted on Xanax all the time. As I told him…am I taking Xanax?…yes! Have my docs been weaning me off…yes! I was very upfront with Stettner and the rest of my doctors about my attempts to self-medicate when my depression is not under control.
Basically...a few phone calls with Dylan being nasty and hanging up on me…then calling me back because he wants something or he forgot some insult he needed to hurl at me. I can’t control Dylan or the hurtful things that get said. He is angry and is just going to need to work things out on his own this time. His mother needs to look out for herself.

I have an appointment with Stettner tomorrow so I will be out most of the day. On a scale of 1-10, I would give myself a 7 for today!

I give myself an 8 for today!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 11:50:25 PM »
Mcl, what got your attention?

Pam, me too! It restores my faith in the human race when someone who's ox has not bee gored takes a broad view and sincere interest in this topic. It's really what I initially set out to do.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline MCL27

• View Profile
Attention
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 01:34:13 PM »
What got my attention was the detail of the stories I read on Anti-WWASP back in early August.  There was a great contrast between those and the corporate sound bytes of the students on the WWASP school websites; the testimonials had words in them but they did not say anything about the person.  They had a vibe of A Clock Works Orange, Body Snatchers, "One of us".  There have also been numerous abuses in both private and state run facilities and I do have to admit that the only religion that I am more prejudice of being abusive in general (especially sexually) more than Catholicism is Mormonism.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Attention
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 01:54:58 PM »
Quote from: "MCL27"
What got my attention was the detail of the stories I read on Anti-WWASP back in early August.  There was a great contrast between those and the corporate sound bytes of the students on the WWASP school websites; the testimonials had words in them but they did not say anything about the person.  They had a vibe of A Clock Works Orange, Body Snatchers, "One of us".  There have also been numerous abuses in both private and state run facilities and I do have to admit that the only religion that I am more prejudice of being abusive in general (especially sexually) more than Catholicism is Mormonism.

Hehe.  That's a favorite amongst many survivors I know, for good reason.

Glad to have you here MCL.  Interest from someone with no connection to the industry is a rarity.  It's good to see.

Offline Miss Antsy Pam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 07:31:56 AM »

Lay off Pam, she's got enough problems.

He said that I am just an addict and a “Xan head”…meaning I am wasted on Xanax all the time. As I told him…am I taking Xanax?…yes! Have my docs been weaning me off…yes! I was very upfront with Stettner and the rest of my doctors about my attempts to self-medicate when my depression is not under control.
Basically...a few phone calls with Dylan being nasty and hanging up on me…then calling me back because he wants something or he forgot some insult he needed to hurl at me. I can’t control Dylan or the hurtful things that get said. He is angry and is just going to need to work things out on his own this time. His mother needs to look out for herself.

I have an appointment with Stettner tomorrow so I will be out most of the day. On a scale of 1-10, I would give myself a 7 for today!

I give myself an 8 for today!

Kev..grow the fuck up already.  FYI..I no longer take Xanax.  Please update your records accordingly. :beat:

Offline Miss Antsy Pam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 07:39:18 AM »
Quote from: "Antigen"
Mcl, what got your attention?

Pam, me too! It restores my faith in the human race when someone who's ox has not bee gored takes a broad view and sincere interest in this topic. It's really what I initially set out to do.

I feel the same way Antigen - :peace:  you have my eternal thanks and gratitude for setting up these forums and for what you initially set out to do!  I bet it has turned out to be more than you might have expected!

Offline Miss Antsy Pam

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 07:47:49 AM »

Come on Kev....give it a rest already.  Can't you just go back and die slowly of boredom???

:bs:

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 07:20:13 PM »
WELCOME!

Well Matt I don't think you have to worry about us harmless fornitcators, besides I have a feeling you could handle your own lol.

but please excuse me while I pwn this troll...

I'll give you some free advice. Don't believe everything you read on the internet, a lot of it is hype. Wasp is one of the larger programs, that serves thousands of youth each year. You might notice that anti-wasp has about a half dozen regular posters. You also might have taken note at how slow the wasp forum is on this forum. There is a reason for this, and if you think about it, you just might figure it out.

The truth is, wasp helps kids and families through a troubled time. There will always be bitter people who did not want to learn new skills. Go into any bar and you can hear people complaining about this or that, parents and family. It's no different with wasp, it's an easy target for people to blame when their lives don't work out the way they planned. I suggest you call a wasp school near you, and ask for a free tour. They are very open to the press, and if you explain who you are they will be helpful in showing you the truth. Good luck on your journey to figuring out the truth about wasp, it has just begun.

How much does WWASP pay you to come to an ANTI-Behavior Modification Program site and try to convince us of the lies of WWASP? lol. Don't you realize weve heard all that before, it was bullshit then and its bullshit now. I think it's funny how you assume that those who oppose the program must be bitter because our lives didn't work out because heres the thing, MOST of us have gone on to accomplish the most amazing things with our lives and one of those things is to devote ourselves to this movement. Not out of bitterness or just to complain, but to demand that this industry make the necessary changes to insure the welfare of the children in their care. And if they wont, then we vow to put in the monumentous amount of effort it will take for us to bring them down. I believe what we are doing here is not only an honorable donation of time and effort, but a necessary step toward precuring a safe and healthy future for our forthcoming generations.

You may be convinced that WWASP helps some kids, but my guess is that you are neither a former detainee nor have had contact or experience with more than a few students after they graduated or left the program. My guess is that you are either a program parent or program staff and you have a very limited experience with how survivors come to realize that they were abused and brainwashed to accept that abuse. You most likely have no experience with the long term effects of the psychological damage we have all incurred, many of us have been diagnosed with PTSD and other anxiety disorders only AFTER our incarceration at a WWASP facility. Regardless of the amount of regular posters on any given forum, that has no representation of the multitude of survivors who's lives were and still are negatively effected by WWASP. I have personal contact with hundreds of my peers from CBS who HATE WWASP, but wouldn't know the first thing about signing on to a forum and posting, let alone regularly. As well many of us have chosen to put WWASP behind us and move on with our lives, get an education, build a career and spend time with our families. Devoting the amount of time it takes to be involved with this movement is simply not something all of us can handle, and in many ways, we do this for for them as well.

You are correct that WWASP is one of the most well known program associations however this is NOT because they have "helped kids", in fact most of the publications and google hits on WWASP are either articles about how MANY of the WWASP programs have been shut down siting abuse, survivors (or parent's) stories or one of the MANY sites that stand AGAINST WWASP. Too many people have the same stories to discount them all, and too many of us have been through things you could never even imagine. So I suggest that you start reading some survivor stories before you automatically assume we are only bitter. You can start by reading mine.

If after reading that you can truly say that we are all just making these things up, and we have nothing to be bitter about, then we can all just assume you are simply a heartless, ignorant asshole who endorses the torment of innocent human beings, and believe me I would much rather be a bitter complainer than someone like you.

:nods:  :twofinger:  :nods:  ::poke::  :nods:  ::fullofshit::

Where does kev-troll get off calling Pam a pill head when hes the one who goes psychotic when he cant afford weed or booze?
I'm thinking an anti-anxiety medication that is medically proven to cause PHYSICAL dependence is a far cry from the addictive personality that would NEED any kind of mind altering substance just to act half way rational. Pam you pop those pills all you want you will still never be as pathetic as kev is.
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]