Author Topic: Diamond Ranch Academy  (Read 11355 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Diamond Ranch Academy
« on: August 04, 2003, 08:12:00 PM »
There's a fairly new program in Hurricane Utah called Diamond Ranch Academy.  Interesting that the link:
http://www.teenranch.org redirects to:
http://www.strugglingteens.us/

Isn't this the same place that moved from Idaho to Utah.  I do know they encourage dating between the boys/girls??  :???:

I sent away for their info and lo and behold, they talked about how bad wwasp programs are.  Didn't ask them why they are wanting to provide the same kind of "treatment" (they added the benefit of dating) at a much higher cost.

Anyone else know about this place and the reason they moved from Idaho to Utah?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
Diamond Ranch Academy
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2003, 11:25:00 PM »
What is the "Real Life Transition Program TM"? Something a parent would order for their child?

First visit with child after 6 or 7 months?

Hmm, no calls for 3 weeks?

Well, I am going to have to read some more about this. BBL....

MG8 :smokin:

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Diamond Ranch Academy
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2003, 11:37:00 PM »
Trainers & Staff Leaders
Greg Leavitt - Staff Director
Sean Young - Head Staff
Brandon WARDLE - Head Staff
(Any relation to the Skyline Journey Wardles?)

Check out Brandon Wardle's resume:
http://www.strugglingteens.us/staff_bios/b_wardle.lasso

And the Operations Dir- a curious looking fellow:
http://www.strugglingteens.us/staff_bios/m_hendry.lasso

Like a good politician, they certainly know what parents are needing to hear:

We have a unique setting wherein our students are not ?institutionalized?. We have ?family units?.

Our staff are extensively trained in de-escalating situations.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Diamond Ranch Academy
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 12:00:00 AM »
I don't trust these programs no matter how much they claim to be kinder than wwasp and stuff.

But as for the time before kids can call home. I went to a summer camp which did not allow calls home for the first 10 days. Mostly so the kids would get over homesickness before calling.
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
Diamond Ranch Academy
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2003, 12:42:00 AM »
I remember camp where there was NO phone at all. LOL... That was the idea, send your kid off for a week or two during the summer and have no contact at all. Of course, that was actually a fun thing and I was only about 8 at the time anyway spending fun filled days with my friends from church or something.

I doubt if this D R A is anything like a summer camp. I noticed the tuition is a call in situation and not like the others where they say how much it will cost. Also, 24 hour assistance, but nobody in the contact area, hmm, well, more reading now, BBL...

MG8 :smokin:

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Diamond Ranch Academy
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2003, 01:23:00 AM »
Maybe they look up a persons phone number and run their credit history to determine the tuition, how progressive of them. :smile:

I almost want to start a program that claims all this toughlove nonsense but is really just an awesome summer camp to get kids away from their abusive parents.
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Diamond Ranch Academy
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2003, 02:20:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Diamond Ranch Academy
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2003, 10:50:00 PM »
Has anyone found out why they moved from the NW to Utah?? :???:

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Diamond Ranch Academy
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2003, 11:17:00 PM »
Joe Dias -friend of Donny(Donny & Marie) http://www.joelando.org/dandm.html

In an interview with Joe Lando :
Marie: Now you really enjoy -- the show Higher Ground -- what is it based on?

Joe: It?s based on schools that really exist all around the world, um kind of an outward bound program. My character?s name is Peter Scarbrow, he?s a recovering addict, seven years sober and the show picks up seven years into his sobriety while he?s running the school of 150 kids, all high risk teens, kids who have had quite a few problems, incest, and it?s set in the Pacific Northwest, beautiful scenery ...

Marie: And like you say, there are camps like this all over ...

Joe: All over - we visited ---

Marie: We have a clip from the show.

Joe: Great.

Marie: Do you need to set it up or shall we just watch it?

Joe: I think the clip will explain it.

Donny: Okay here we go.

(Shows clip of Peter telling Scott the rules of Mt. Horizon from the first episode ?no drugs, no sex, no inappropriate touching and there?s no violence.?)

Donny: That?s a very interesting concept.

Joe: These girls are going to love that actor in that scene too, Hayden Christensen, he?s just a wonderful actor and a really good guy and I think he?s going to be somebody, somebody big.

Donny: A good buddy of mine, Rob Dias, does this very thing that you?re doing. He has a school for troubled teens, there?s quite a few of them around the country.

Joe: We visited a few in Northern Idaho and a few around here in Southern California.

Marie: Do you base your stories off of true stories?

Joe: All the kids are real stories and we?ve taken a license with what goes on from day to day obviously, but they are all based on real people. My character?s just a collection of people who we met.

Marie: So you have characters come and go and all that kind of thing?

Joe: Well, there?s 150 students and we really center our stories on 6 or 7 of them, Cliffhangers they're called, that?s the group.
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Diamond Ranch Academy
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2003, 01:37:00 AM »
So you're saying Donnie and Marie run this place?  Or is it that Utah is one of the more pro-family States and that's why so many "programs" operate there?  We all know in most states the kids have to agree to go, and that happens only 1 out of a 1000 times.  This is one place I wouldn't send my kid, unless of course, they provide the birth control too!!  Does Melaleuca sell them in a natural form??

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Diamond Ranch Academy
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2003, 01:40:00 AM »
Oh, I get it!  They are prescribing their own products to treat depression, ADD, etc., That way the $$ stays in house!  Smart, very smart.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Diamond Ranch Academy
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2003, 07:36:00 AM »
Anon wrote:
So you're saying Donnie and Marie run this place?

No Einstein. You anon posters would be doing everyone a favor if you actually read a message before responding.

AND
Or is it that Utah is one of the more pro-family States and that's why so many "programs" operate there?

PRO-family. Hardly. Unless you consider a program to be the teen's family. More like ANTI-teen. Utah leads the Industry in deaths. Licensing Director that has a history of "overlooking" violations.
Deborah

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Diamond Ranch Academy
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2003, 01:31:00 PM »
Deborah - What is your affiliation with PURE?

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Diamond Ranch Academy
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2003, 01:52:00 PM »
Absolutely no association or affiliation. I am not a supporter of any program or any Ed Con. The world is not divided into WWASP or PURE camps. I am not part of the ongoing fued.
Deborah

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Diamond Ranch Academy
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2009, 06:36:32 AM »
bump