Author Topic: Press Release  (Read 3540 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Press Release
« on: January 01, 2009, 10:49:53 AM »
ISAC Corporation reports that a 14 year old boy has been detained against his will in an outpatient drug treatment program in Southfield MI since June 6, 2008. The name of the program is Pathway Family Center. Since that date, this boy has been residing away from his parents in unregulated, locked "host homes" run by the parents of clients in the program. Additionally, this program uses a level system, the first of which prevents clients from having privacy in the bathroom, attending school, reading, using the phone, watching TV, listening to the radio and a host of other restrictions that are consistent with the systematic thought reform methods utilized in its related program called STRAIGHT, Inc. That program was reported to have been closed in 1993, however, Pathway Family Center continued to treat clients from STRAIGHT, Inc. using the same methods and principles. There is at least one staff member from that program currently employed by the Southfield facility. Pathway also operates two other facilities located in Indiana. The facility they operated in Milford Ohio was closed earlier this month.

The mother of this boy has joint legal/physical custody of her son and his father orchestrated his placement against her wishes. They have been divorced for nearly a decade. Pathway Family Center has repeatedly refused the mother's request to speak to her son in private. According to the policies of the program, the client must send complaints through what is known as a "COC" chain of command. If this complaint is deemed viable by the staff, it progresses through the chain to an appropriate level. At no point is the client able to call CPS or DCH to complain. Level one is the most physically and psychologically abusive portion of the program. To be kept on this level for over 6 months is nothing short of pure torture. This boy is being kept from his schooling and away from his mother who is trying to help him get out of this situation.

This boy must be immediately removed from this program. At the very least, he can stay with his grandparents until the parents come to some resolution regarding his future. The mother is willing to speak to someone, as is a psychologist who saw the boy earlier this month who has indicated a willingness to speak to the media regarding this issue.

ISAC Corporation is a 501c3 organization dedicated to exposing and reporting abuse and fraud perpetrated in privately owned drug rehabilitation programs, behavior modification and boarding schools. We retain a substantial amount of documentation that supports allegations of abuse and fraud regarding Pathway Family Center in each state in which it has operated its program. This is the first time a Pathway Family Center client parent, who retains joint physical/legal custody, has come forward to ask for our help. Her rights are being denied, her son is being tortured and Pathway Family Center is getting paid a substantial amount of money in the process.

In reply to this letter, the Sheriff of Porter County, David Lain says:

Mr. Earnshaw:

Thank you for your email regarding Pathway. I am sensitive to your concerns and have forwarded them to the local Pathway office. Please understand that addiction has affected far too many families and we as a society must explore a variety of methods to overcome this scourge. That said, I would never advocate harming someone in order to save them. I am not aware of such being the case at Pathway. Should your allegations be substantiated I of course would have to rethink my position.

Sincerely,

Sheriff David Lain
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Re: Press Release
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 11:22:46 AM »
I wonder if Rich Mullinax would be willing to talk to this sheriff?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 03:51:26 PM »
Any survivor who wishes to see this program be closed sooner than later should contact him. It is unfortunate that he became involved in promoting this program, however, it has become quite obvious that PFC is currently torturing a kid. Going on 210 days on Level One (first phase). Based on previous statements by family members of an Ohio and Indiana PFC client, this is standard procedure for kids who refuse to be indoctrinated into the cult. There is no way that this kid or any other kid for that matter is being helped under these conditions. The people who are doing this should be found guilty of neglect, abuse, torture, fraud and damn near every moral turpitude in the book.

Terri Nissley, what say you? You have been given plenty of time to respond to this situation and have been silent. You know about this, your supporters report to you daily...  Just because kids refuse to succumb to the PFC/STRAIGHT siren gives you absolutely NO right to treat ANYONE like this way. This is where you are dead wrong in your mission to create drug free robots. You get over $100,000 in personal compensation annually for your efforts at PFC, yet, PFC cannot even keep a nurse for more than a few months at a time, it can't keep the same director for its facilities for more than that same time measure. Ever since Penny Walker was dethroned there in Milford, wow, how can you expect to continue this charade you call treatment? All you PFC supporters out there, well, you are doing nothing short of aiding and abetting a criminally organized business that tortures kids accused of doing drugs. Oh, PFC has never been convicted? Why is it even a question? I am amazed at how you can go on and on with this BULLSHIT. President Bush is not going to save you this time. Clinton pardoned Rushing's wife, yep, and they even sealed the records to prevent future inquiries from bearing any fruit. Oh well, please come to your senses now. The PFC treatment modality is done, kaput, over, gone, blown away as you call it, um and a host of other DISCREDITING synonyms.

Also, while I'm at it, please stop giving, to current parents there, a copy of that letter you wrote to the licensing agencies in 2003 warning them about ISAC.  

RG

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 07:59:06 PM »
Quote from: "RG"
Any survivor who wishes to see this program be closed sooner than later should contact him. It is unfortunate that he became involved in promoting this program, however, it has become quite obvious that PFC is currently torturing a kid. Going on 210 days on Level One (first phase). Based on previous statements by family members of an Ohio and Indiana PFC client, this is standard procedure for kids who refuse to be indoctrinated into the cult. There is no way that this kid or any other kid for that matter is being helped under these conditions. The people who are doing this should be found guilty of neglect, abuse, torture, fraud and damn near every moral turpitude in the book.

Terri Nissley, what say you? You have been given plenty of time to respond to this situation and have been silent. You know about this, your supporters report to you daily...  Just because kids refuse to succumb to the PFC/STRAIGHT siren gives you absolutely NO right to treat ANYONE like this way. This is where you are dead wrong in your mission to create drug free robots. You get over $100,000 in personal compensation annually for your efforts at PFC, yet, PFC cannot even keep a nurse for more than a few months at a time, it can't keep the same director for its facilities for more than that same time measure. Ever since Penny Walker was dethroned there in Milford, wow, how can you expect to continue this charade you call treatment? All you PFC supporters out there, well, you are doing nothing short of aiding and abetting a criminally organized business that tortures kids accused of doing drugs. Oh, PFC has never been convicted? Why is it even a question? I am amazed at how you can go on and on with this BULLSHIT. President Bush is not going to save you this time. Clinton pardoned Rushing's wife, yep, and they even sealed the records to prevent future inquiries from bearing any fruit. Oh well, please come to your senses now. The PFC treatment modality is done, kaput, over, gone, blown away as you call it, um and a host of other DISCREDITING synonyms.

Also, while I'm at it, please stop giving, to current parents there, a copy of that letter you wrote to the licensing agencies in 2003 warning them about ISAC.  

RG

Wow. Survivors of what programs should contact this sheriff?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 08:06:57 PM »
Any program related to straight inc...   seed, pfc, safe, straight inc, aarc, kids of nj, etc.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 08:36:56 PM »
Any program related to straight inc...   seed, pfc, safe, straight inc, aarc, kids of nj, etc.

Would the cedu, desisto, or elan programs fall under that catagory?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 11:47:02 PM »
not really. The model that uses host homes and the straight inc style phase or level system is more in line of what should be addressed in this circumstance.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 03:51:38 PM »
not really. The model that uses host homes and the straight inc style phase or level system is more in line of what should be addressed in this circumstance.

hmm. those programs use level systems...not applicable though?

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 09:40:51 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"

hmm. those programs use level systems...not applicable though?

I was at a Cedu clone and I'd say... No.  It's not close enough to talk to authorities using first hand experience.  Straight was/is a breed of it's own.  Sure it's the same basic deal under the hood, but on the service it seems like a completely different animal.  In CEDU they didn't for example, "motivate", have host homes, or have the same type of level of parental involvement.  When you're trying to convince a sherrif (or any authority for that matter) that a certain program is Straight incarnate, unfortunately it's the superficial similarities that matter most, irregardless of how similar the core philosophies and underpinnings of the program are.

...Unless you want to sit there for hours on end trying to explain how brainwashing works to some donut munching moron who probably already thinks you're nuts.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 11:31:49 AM »
Call this guy, Michigan Dept of Health licensing division:

John Wilhelmsen at 517 241 1970 and explain your experience to the best of your ability and willingness, of course, but to add credence to the sort of treatment someone could expect to receive on LEVEL ONE, or FIRST PHASE for over 200 days in a row. The situation is that this kid cannot talk to the authorities at will, but if many survivor folks came out and voiced their experiences, opinions, etc... to Jim, well, he would have to take notes and would have more incentive to pull their license once and for all. We'll only get out of it what we put into it, so if nobody calls, writes, then nothing will happen. So far there have been at least 4 survivors who have contacted him, so that's a good start. By the middle or end of this week would be the absolute best time for folks to do this. Either way PFC is going through some major PR nightmares right now.

Also, if you are a survivor from a different program style, go ahead and call... it might help somehow.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 05:52:47 PM »
This case went to arbitration and won't be resolved, at least by the court, till early next month. Meanwhile, the kid is still stuck at PFC but heat is on high to remove him and close the program altogether. In that last post I said "Jim", but I should have said "John". Not that it matters but I like to be correct whenever possible.

Meanwhile, the media is stiff-arming the reports. Almost seems like it's deliberate for some reason. I even got chastised by a TV station. WTF?

Word has it that there's another client in there who has been there for 2 years.

So far the Sheriff has yet to disappear from their site.

:(  :(  :(

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 06:15:27 PM »
I even got chastised by a TV station.
Demand they hear you out whilst chastising them back for not examining both sides of the story.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 07:50:37 PM »
This case went to arbitration and won't be resolved, at least by the court, till early next month. Meanwhile, the kid is still stuck at PFC but heat is on high to remove him and close the program altogether. In that last post I said "Jim", but I should have said "John". Not that it matters but I like to be correct whenever possible.

Meanwhile, the media is stiff-arming the reports. Almost seems like it's deliberate for some reason. I even got chastised by a TV station. WTF?

Word has it that there's another client in there who has been there for 2 years.

So far the Sheriff has yet to disappear from their site.

:(  :(  :(

How did they chastise you?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 09:41:42 PM »
I cannot bring myself to relive that experience, at least here on this forum. It's one of those "you had to be there" kind of things. Sorry. You and whoever else is hearty enough are perfectly welcome to give them a try.

Just call this number:

513-852-4012

It's the news desk there at WCPO in Ohio.

I will say this though... At least it was on the phone instead of in person. whew!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 09:48:28 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
Demand they hear you out whilst chastising them back for not examining both sides of the story.

Well, ok, if you must insist...  they hung up before I got started on my side of the story, sorry. It was a rather one-sided conversation.  kinda went like this:

:on phone:   :beat:  :beat:  :beat:  :beat:    :twofinger:  :twofinger:  :beat:  :beat:  :beat:  :beat:   ::OMG::  ::OMG::  ::OMG::  then a couple more  :beat:  :beat:  :beat: , then right when I was just getting to say a word, some of this...  :lala:  :lala:  :lala:  :lala:  :lala:  :lala:  :lala:  and then  :beat:  :beat:  :beat:  and then CLICK!