Author Topic: Great Unheard Recordings  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Great Unheard Recordings
« on: December 29, 2008, 12:21:53 PM »
1992 US CD of Rising Sons featuring Taj Mahal and Ry Cooder on Columbia Legacy CK 52828 - 22 tracks, including 3 with re-recorded vocals by Taj.

Notes say: LEGENDARY ...HISTORICAL ...COLLECTABLE ...UNRELEASED ...UNTIL NOW! Here at last are the legendary, lost recordings of the Rising Sons - 20 of which have never been released before. Recorded in 1964, the seminal band fused Blues, Rock, and Country influences into a joyous celebration of music and song. The Rising Sons mark the debut recordings for both Taj Mahal and Ry Cooder (now of Little Village), and includes Jesse Lee Kincaid, Kevin Kelley, and Gary Marker. Terry Melcher of Byrds fame was the producer.

The Rising Sons added an earthy dose of rural country blues to the fast-evolving rock scene of the mid-'60s. Though this Los Angeles-based group led a storied existence between 1964-1966 and were well-known for their live performances, their debut album languished unissued in the Columbia vaults.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
The BLUE Humours
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 01:41:33 PM »
Mr. Michael Malefactor and myself (Benjie Loveless) we trying to put a band together. We got hung up on the drummer issue. I decided to go solo, guitar and voice. Mike decided to go solo, bass and voice. Mike called me and suggested that we do our solo projects together bass, guitar and voices. It worked out very well.

Free mp3s available: http://gbadmin.garageband.com/artist/thebluehumours
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »