Author Topic: What Idaho Boot Camp?  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
What Idaho Boot Camp?
« on: December 26, 2008, 03:28:39 AM »
Jennifer Oz Leroy - in the food business.

She was in Idaho Women Biz-link

Jennifer LeRoy had a privileged childhood. At her bat mitzvah at the family's Amagansett estate, airplanes dived in trick plays over the house; costumed characters from the Wizard of Oz (which her grandfather Mervyn LeRoy produced and directed) welcomed guests; stilt-walkers and magicians worked the crowd. Her great-grandfather, Harry Warner, was a founder of Warner Brothers Studios.

But those early days were not without problems. LeRoy is dyslexic, she flunked out of ritzy private school Dalton, endured a brief spell at a boot-camp-style school in Idaho and was badly injured in an equestrian accident as a teen participating in the Hamptons Classic. (She has since placed high in the legendary competition.)

What is the name of the boot camp?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: What Idaho Boot Camp?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 03:43:09 AM »
Could be SUWS
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 04:28:55 AM »
I am not certain. I found another piece:

Jenny flunked out of Dalton and briefly spent time at a boot-camp-style school in Idaho that required chopping wood, 24-hour, no-sleep "emotional-growth sessions," and constant supervision. After two months, Kay, concerned about reports she was receiving about Jenny, flew out to see her, and when school officials tried to block the visit, Kay insisted on bringing her daughter home.

As Jenny tells this story she grows visibly upset. But she has such an essentially sunny personality that she wants to end the anecdote on a fiercely positive, what-I-learned note: "The biggest thing -- don't take freedom for granted," she says. "You put things in perspective. Look at the problems I have -- Gee, I can't get fabulous tuna, just great tuna? I have my health. I am living every moment that I can. You have to. It's so short. I'm so lucky that I'm 22 and I know that."

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 04:37:31 AM »
Quote from: "Oscar"
I am not certain. I found another piece:

Jenny flunked out of Dalton and briefly spent time at a boot-camp-style school in Idaho that required chopping wood

IIRC, RMA had that.

24-hour, no-sleep "emotional-growth sessions,"

That sounds like Propheets (CEDU).  CEDU is partial to the term "emotional growth", though.  What year was this?  If early 2000s, I'd say RMA.  If Later, i'd say some other CEDU clone in idaho (such as BCA, IIRC).

and constant supervision. After two months, Kay, concerned about reports she was receiving about Jenny, flew out to see her, and when school officials tried to block the visit, Kay insisted on bringing her daughter home.

As Jenny tells this story she grows visibly upset. But she has such an essentially sunny personality that she wants to end the anecdote on a fiercely positive, what-I-learned note: "The biggest thing -- don't take freedom for granted," she says. "You put things in perspective. Look at the problems I have -- Gee, I can't get fabulous tuna, just great tuna? I have my health. I am living every moment that I can. You have to. It's so short. I'm so lucky that I'm 22 and I know that."
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 03:35:09 PM »
That's what I was thinking, too, but if she's 22, it would probably be NWA or BCA, if it were one of the CEDU ilk.

Although, isn't doug kim-brown's school in idaho? I figured he would most likely emulate the program at his own place.

If it is one of the cedu places, jeez, man. That really IS the celebrity kid boot-camp, isn't it? I don't know of any other place that has such a list of famous kids. Jackie (baba's girl), Paris, Roseanne's two, Rod Stewart's son, there are others, I think, but they don't come to mind at the moment.