Author Topic: Film on Aaron Bacon  (Read 11239 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Film on Aaron Bacon
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 08:12:46 PM »
I thought you were done posting on fornits? Liar, liar pants on fire!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 08:15:16 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
I thought you were done posting on fornits? Liar, liar pants on fire!!

ninja please.
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 08:30:19 PM »
I am of the strong opinion that if irresponsible, mentally unstable, selfish, and over controlling parents didnt exist, neither would these programs.

When a kid gets sent away for smoking weed and cutting class, or running away to escape their parents you can ONLY blame the parents for their lack of ability to raise children. Too many stupid people have kids when they are not aware what raising kids intails. I dont speak from an outsiders view either, I raise kids for a living and I am 10 times better at it then most. The problem is a lack of respect. Aaron's mother and father did not respect Aaron enough to realize that he was just being a teenager and if he needed help he would have asked for it.

Whoooaaaaa.. hold on..

Have you raised kids or even plan on raising kids? I'd be real careful how we attempt to paint two people none of us have ever met. The same two people we are judging based upon our own experiences.

When we get into this whole "parents get conned" issue there are several factors you need to consider before that excuse can be awarded. One, did you even care to do the research or were you sold by an Edcon and a fancy brochure? Two, was your child truly in need of help? (this I believe is where most parents are simply acting out of spite) Three, did you truly exhaust all options and do everything you could BEFORE you considered a program? The answers to these questions will most likely always be the opposite of the truth. Because most parents are blinded by their own emotions and pride.
That excuse doesn't fly anymore given the glut of information on the internet. I posted back in 2007 what I called my Revised Manifesto. To me the only thing parents are allowed to offer are apologies. They get no free passes or excuses for sending their kids to programs anymore given that all the information they really need to make a truly informed decision is right at their fingertips.

www.google.com

jesus h.

Back in 1994 that information wasn't there. Most of you seem to have forgotten what things were like in 1994. That is ok it was 14 or so years ago. You've all forgotten the bloodbath that was going on all over California with the Crips and the Bloods. Yall forgotten the crack wars of the urban ghettos. People were scared during those days and they had a decent enough reason to be scared.

Those were frightening times to be alive and to have a kid.

I truly feel bad for the parents of Aaron Bacon. The only thing they knew was their kid got rolled in the parking lot a school, he was smoking dope, and changing right before their eyes.

They turned to what they thought was the best possible alternative that was around during those times and did so working under the prevailing conditions.

1) This what they knew: Juvies, psych hospitals, and reform schools= bad
2) Crips beat up their son in the parking lot= very bad
3) The mainstream American view of smoking hooch at the time= gateway drug to becoming a needle jockey=bad

Try not to forget this before you guys start tearing into these people. The media hype, the government war on drugs, the LA riots, and the whole culture of the 90's which went a long ways to kicking off the entire craze for programs in the first place was perpetuated not by incompetence but by the total vacuum of information.

I think there should be programs for troubled parents that kids could send them to against their will. I would utilized that service.

I actually offered to conduct a workshop for Astart to show those pansies how shit really rolls. I figured a dose of reality, or as close as I could get to it, might do them some good.

No takers so far.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 08:33:59 PM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
When we get into this whole "parents get conned" issue there are several factors you need to consider before that excuse can be awarded. One, did you even care to do the research or were you sold by an Edcon and a fancy brochure? Two, was your child truly in need of help? (this I believe is where most parents are simply acting out of spite) Three, did you truly exhaust all options and do everything you could BEFORE you considered a program? The answers to these questions will most likely always be the opposite of the truth. Because most parents are blinded by their own emotions and pride.
Che makes a good point concerning the info available in 1994, but these are good questions.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 08:59:10 PM »
OK. it may be slightly unfair for me to automatically assume Aaron's parents were one thing or another, however I am of the opinion that sending your child away for smoking weed is not only highly illogical but indicates a lack of trust and as I stated respect for your child as a person.

So, I think I should stand by my statement.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2008, 09:14:17 PM »
This is probably the wrong thread to be making a statement of that sort. I strongly suggest you either grave dig my original Revised Manifesto thread or do up your own version of it.

The Bacon's shouldn't be subjected to any sort of second guessing. They probably do it to themselves all the time and we'd be some seriously sorry pieces of shit for adding to it with our own notions of right and wrong.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2008, 10:12:59 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
I am of the strong opinion that if irresponsible, mentally unstable, selfish, and over controlling parents didnt exist, neither would these programs.

When a kid gets sent away for smoking weed and cutting class, or running away to escape their parents you can ONLY blame the parents for their lack of ability to raise children. Too many stupid people have kids when they are not aware what raising kids intails. I dont speak from an outsiders view either, I raise kids for a living and I am 10 times better at it then most. The problem is a lack of respect. Aaron's mother and father did not respect Aaron enough to realize that he was just being a teenager and if he needed help he would have asked for it.

Whoooaaaaa.. hold on..

Have you raised kids or even plan on raising kids? I'd be real careful how we attempt to paint two people none of us have ever met. The same two people we are judging based upon our own experiences.

That excuse doesn't fly anymore given the glut of information on the internet. I posted back in 2007 what I called my Revised Manifesto. To me the only thing parents are allowed to offer are apologies. They get no free passes or excuses for sending their kids to programs anymore given that all the information they really need to make a truly informed decision is right at their fingertips.

http://www.google.com

jesus h.

Back in 1994 that information wasn't there. Most of you seem to have forgotten what things were like in 1994. That is ok it was 14 or so years ago. You've all forgotten the bloodbath that was going on all over California with the Crips and the Bloods. Yall forgotten the crack wars of the urban ghettos. People were scared during those days and they had a decent enough reason to be scared.

Those were frightening times to be alive and to have a kid.

I truly feel bad for the parents of Aaron Bacon. The only thing they knew was their kid got rolled in the parking lot a school, he was smoking dope, and changing right before their eyes.

They turned to what they thought was the best possible alternative that was around during those times and did so working under the prevailing conditions.

1) This what they knew: Juvies, psych hospitals, and reform schools= bad
2) Crips beat up their son in the parking lot= very bad
3) The mainstream American view of smoking hooch at the time= gateway drug to becoming a needle jockey=bad

Try not to forget this before you guys start tearing into these people. The media hype, the government war on drugs, the LA riots, and the whole culture of the 90's which went a long ways to kicking off the entire craze for programs in the first place was perpetuated not by incompetence but by the total vacuum of information.

I think there should be programs for troubled parents that kids could send them to against their will. I would utilized that service.

I actually offered to conduct a workshop for Astart to show those pansies how shit really rolls. I figured a dose of reality, or as close as I could get to it, might do them some good.

No takers so far.

Aaron was a rich kid. He wasn't involved with the crips(!?!) Stop talking about 1994 in the midwest like it's 1939 Poland.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 10:24:38 PM »
The Bacon's shouldn't be subjected to any sort of second guessing. They probably do it to themselves all the time and we'd be some seriously sorry pieces of shit for adding to it with our own notions of right and wrong.

Since when did you join the morals police? I'm not the sorry piece of shit that got my kid killed.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2008, 10:36:18 PM »
Quote from: "jjjj"

Aaron was a rich kid. He wasn't involved with the crips(!?!) Stop talking about 1994 in the midwest like it's 1939 Poland.

simple google search says this is not the case.

The crips rolled him in the parking lot of his school..

http://http://outside.away.com/magazine/1095/10f_deth.html

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2008, 10:41:59 PM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"

Since when did you join the morals police? I'm not the sorry piece of shit that got my kid killed.

So now two people you don't know, have never met, and two people you've already admitted to being rash in passing judgment on are pieces of shit?

Offline kate

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2008, 10:54:18 PM »

yeah but getting attacked in a parking lot isn't the same as being down with the crips. i'm sorry. i read the book. aaron's parents were wealthy.  They live in a well to do area. Who knows if whoever attacked him was really in the crips, or were poseurs? Porgram parents tend to exagerate things. Kids exagerate things. either way, that hardly makes aaron a gangbanger, intent on crime. whoever you supposedly get attacked by in a parking lot you are the same as now? I'm not juding these parents in the sense that I'm saying they are evil, but they are inadequate peopel with boundary issues because they were having their kid, kidnapped without anything that could begin to justify that sort of reaction (nothing justifies it, but if someone is a full out heroin addict at least it's understandable) They seem to be just  mentally ill, abusive people, --not "bad," but they are caught up in a altered reality of their kid's badness and respond to that badness, in a way that is abusive.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2008, 10:58:15 PM »
Before people choose to go 'round 'n 'round dissing the Bacons, they should kindly watch this YouTube clip one more time. Robert Bacon spends practically half the air time chastising himself for that final and fatal decision. These people have paid more than enough. There are plenty more deserving targets out there for those of us who have bile enough to spare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDwanoycFcM

Moreover, might I bring up just how much influence a piece like this has in getting the word out re. what these hellholes are really all about? The Bacons could have chosen to keep their private hell private. Instead, they chose to go public with this, even fourteen years later, in the hopes that their testimony could make a difference in other families' lives. That says a LOT about where they are coming from.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2008, 11:09:34 PM »
Quote from: "kate"

yeah but getting attacked in a parking lot isn't the same as being down with the crips. i'm sorry. i read the book. aaron's parents were wealthy.  They live in a well to do area. Who knows if whoever attacked him was really in the crips, or were poseurs? Porgram parents tend to exagerate things. Kids exagerate things. either way, that hardly makes aaron a gangbanger, intent on crime. whoever you supposedly get attacked by in a parking lot you are the same as now? I'm not juding these parents in the sense that I'm saying they are evil, but they are inadequate peopel with boundary issues because they were having their kid, kidnapped without anything that could begin to justify that sort of reaction (nothing justifies it, but if someone is a full out heroin addict at least it's understandable) They seem to be just  mentally ill, abusive people, --not "bad," but they are caught up in a altered reality of their kid's badness and respond to that badness, in a way that is abusive.

So you've read a book and determined that these people are mentally ill and abusive?

OOOK.....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2008, 11:13:42 PM »
Quote from: "kate"

So you've read a book and determined that these people are mentally ill and abusive?

OOOK.....

not "a" book. "The" book. or rather, the book"s" about the case. I'm not saying that this is definitely the case, but it seems to be the situation. they also put their other kid into a rehab (he didn't die thoug) for smoking pot. these people were not "normal"

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2008, 11:15:47 PM »
I'm glad we have people like you around dictating to the rest of us what normal and not normal is. I'll definitely sleep better at night now.