Author Topic: looks like kevin@antiwwasp is referring again  (Read 4194 times)

U R IDIOTS
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2008, 03:02:04 PM »
You guys have the intelligence of an old shoe and the maturity of a fichus plant. Hosting ads is not the same as referring. And if you disagree with hosting ads, the verbally abusive way you deal with it is so counterproductive, juvenile, and unethical that your points are lost.

Like Oscar says, there are better ways to handle disagreements. Your black/white thinking, your high-schooly, slipshod personality-focused methods of dealing with each other is embarrassing. Grow up. Stop embarrassing survivors.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: U R IDIOTS
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2008, 03:26:10 PM »
Quote from: "ugh"
the verbally abusive way you deal with it is so counterproductive, juvenile, and unethical that your points are lost.

... coming from someone who titled their post U R IDIOTS.  :rofl:

Nice try, troll.  :feedtrolls:

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2008, 04:03:54 PM »
Hosting ads is not the same as referring.
Yes it is, only you get paid per-click rather than per-enrollment.  How many clicks does it take to make an enrollment?  I don't know, but I do know that if internet ads were not effective, programs would not use them.  Put yourself in my shoes: I'm trying to make troubled-teen-industry.com a referral free zone, and I don't want to have to check up on Kev every 5 mins to make sure he hasn't found other "creative" ways to make money.  He's already proven three times that he is at best recklessly negligent and at worst, willfully malicious (Judge Roy "spanky" Bean from Magnolia).  What am I supposed to do?  From my experience, Kev brings more liability and drama to a project than anything else.  I dare anybody else to work closely with him and prove me wrong.  I was warned by others not to work with him, not to give him a chance, and I did anyway.  Maybe I shouldn't have, but at the time I felt it was best to at least give everybody a fair shot at participating in the project.

Frankly, i'm done with this conversation.  I have work to do.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2008, 05:10:57 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
Hosting ads is not the same as referring.
Yes it is, only you get paid per-click rather than per-enrollment.  How many clicks does it take to make an enrollment?  I don't know, but I do know that if internet ads were not effective, programs would not use them.  Put yourself in my shoes: I'm trying to make troubled-teen-industry.com a referral free zone, and I don't want to have to check up on Kev every 5 mins to make sure he hasn't found other "creative" ways to make money.  He's already proven three times that he is at best recklessly negligent and at worst, willfully malicious (Judge Roy "spanky" Bean from Magnolia).  What am I supposed to do?  From my experience, Kev brings more liability and drama to a project than anything else.  I dare anybody else to work closely with him and prove me wrong.  I was warned by others not to work with him, not to give him a chance, and I did anyway.  Maybe I shouldn't have, but at the time I felt it was best to at least give everybody a fair shot at participating in the project.

Frankly, i'm done with this conversation.  I have work to do.

looking over it for half an hour, i could find no ad for any boarding school. so the poster is incorect, there ARE NOT  ads there. I don't get the problem.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2008, 05:36:20 PM »
Quote from: "actually"
looking over it for half an hour, i could find no ad for any boarding school. so the poster is incorect, there ARE NOT  ads there. I don't get the problem.
there most certainly were, and there was this article endosring Abundant Life Academy:
http://www.fornits.com/psy/KevReferring.png

It might be gone now, but twice in one day was just too much for me (the ads, then that).  If it wasn't pointed out and a stink made, chances are it would still be there.  It's not my job (or anybody elses) to babysit his content.  If he can't manage it himself, I can't trust to link to him.  Sorry.  I just don't want to take the risk.  Kev didn't want me linking to him anyway so he got what he wanted.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: looks like kevin@antiwwasp is referring again
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2008, 05:37:45 PM »
Quote from: "wdtony"
I think the site linking back to Anti-Wwasp is an incredible idea. That is, if the parents do get to the teenshelp page in the first place. It is a good decoy. Very good idea.

The Yahoo ads, I could do without though. That is a big bummer, especially after the history I have read about with this individual. Although I am very skeptical, I believe that he should be treated fairly and with a cautious approach.

I have attacked people here on Fornits before but I think I may have been wrong to do so. Not that I agree with what people have done but this mob mentality is an unhealthy thing. I didn't see it before but I am starting to see it now. Group attack is something I would like to not be a part of anymore. It isn't good for anybody, even if we are online. I feel bad that I did it at all.

I got a couple good ideas from this thread, but I am not ready to attack anyone over what has been presented. The big question is, did he get to choose the specific ads that would be on his page or was it a default to where the page draws a certain type of content for the ads? This could just be a bad decision and I am not convinced that this person has been purposely deceptive.

I agree with Oscar, whoever he is. At least he doesn't post anonymously. C'mon folks, have a little character and post as yourselves, it would be a little easier to hold valid discussions. (excluding any posts that might be legally actionable, of course).

yes tony, it is ugly to watch.

Offline Femanon4Che

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2008, 07:48:33 AM »
You guys have the intelligence of an old shoe and the maturity of a fichus plant. Hosting ads is not the same as referring. And if you disagree with hosting ads, the verbally abusive way you deal with it is so counterproductive, juvenile, and unethical that your points are lost.

Like Oscar says, there are better ways to handle disagreements. Your black/white thinking, your high-schooly, slipshod personality-focused methods of dealing with each other is embarrassing. Grow up. Stop embarrassing survivors.

Thank You Kev, again for trolling as usual.

I agree whole-heartedly with Psy. If we didnt make a stink those ads and content would still be there leading parents to WWASP and other programs. Its a nice concept that we might somehow forgive and forget because those links were taken down, but that doesnt change the reality that had we NOT made a big deal about it, nothing would have changed. I support Psy's decision to remove antiwwasp from his site's links, I think the fact that he gave kev a fair chance and he made some of the dumbest moves possible and purposefully screwed it all up is proof enough that he doesnt deserve another chance.

You people need to understand that it is the mentality to say "FUCK THAT" that gives us the the will to have created this movement in the first place and if you think we will back down for this little prick you are sadly mistaken. Look, as long as kev stays in his little corner and doesnt do stupid stuff like this, none of us will care even in the slightest about what he does. But he just keeps giving us more and more ammo! I am not a fan and I have many more reasons for that than any of you will ever know, but honestly, Kev is so insignificant and I have time and again just laughed at the rumors and moved on. BUT THIS... this is way more than personal this is a direct assault on everything we have been fighting for and that is not something I am willing to forget.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2008, 04:02:06 AM »
Quote from: "Femanon4Che"

Thank You Kev, again for trolling as usual.

I agree whole-heartedly with Psy. If we didnt make a stink those ads and content would still be there leading parents to WWASP and other programs. Its a nice concept that we might somehow forgive and forget because those links were taken down, but that doesnt change the reality that had we NOT made a big deal about it, nothing would have changed. I support Psy's decision to remove antiwwasp from his site's links, I think the fact that he gave kev a fair chance and he made some of the dumbest moves possible and purposefully screwed it all up is proof enough that he doesnt deserve another chance.

You people need to understand that it is the mentality to say "FUCK THAT" that gives us the the will to have created this movement in the first place and if you think we will back down for this little prick you are sadly mistaken. Look, as long as kev stays in his little corner and doesnt do stupid stuff like this, none of us will care even in the slightest about what he does. But he just keeps giving us more and more ammo! I am not a fan and I have many more reasons for that than any of you will ever know, but honestly, Kev is so insignificant and I have time and again just laughed at the rumors and moved on. BUT THIS... this is way more than personal this is a direct assault on everything we have been fighting for and that is not something I am willing to forget.

I am not kev. Just someone who doesn't like the program tactic of personal destruction used against a survivor who, whatever your gripe, does more than most. He attaches his name and $ into it--more than we anons do. Like Oscar says, there are explanations for his actions, and while they may not make them ok, the black/white equating him to a "refferrer" is not right. He’s not a referrer. There are better ways of dealing with situations than personal destruction of someone who has been through so much already. Try talking to the guy. And yes, there should be no ads.